Team Rd 1

Remove this Banner Ad

I infiltrated the border about 3 weeks ago... Lunch in the Barossa and a hotel at Glenelg, fair to say I took in the highlights!! Best part of the trip was the Qantas lounge on the way back to the sporting capital of the world.

lol...

you missed a highlight ... should have paid AAMI stadium a visit...
to see where you'll be slaughtered saturday week...

I bet my left nut Hale kicks more goals than McKernan or Henderson this year. Plus will spend time in the ruck. Hale kicked 4 x bags of 3 goals in 2010 before losing form and being dropped for Goldstein and McIntosh. In 2008 Hale kicked 37 goals from the ruck and received 8 Brownlow votes.

Great comparison there, a 26 year old in his prime with 124 AFL games of experience against a couple of rookies with a combined 13 games. If they play a similar amount of games I still wouldn't think Hale is a guarantee to outperform both.

Great comparison there, a 26 year old in his prime with 124 AFL games of experience against a couple of rookies with a combined 13 games. If they play a similar amount of games I still wouldn't think Hale is a guarantee to outperform both.

But Henderson has the tank of an elite midfielder in a 190cm frame, surely he can scratch together 30 odd goals. and SMACK could well be the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ after a decent NAB Cup showing..

Plus Hale is shit, just ask your mates....

No he was getting the best defender from the opposition every week. Imagine lining up on Scotty Stevens... its hardly going to put the fear of god in you is it??
Strange that the Kangas would let him go then

No he was getting the best defender from the opposition every week. Imagine lining up on Scotty Stevens... its hardly going to put the fear of god in you is it??
You're right.. the thought of Stevens lining up on Hale doesn't put the fear of god into me at all. I'd pencil that one in as an easy match-up victory for Adelaide. Hale is rubbish.

I'm much more concerned about Franklin vs Davis and Johncock vs Cyril. Then again, those are more than matched by the danger our forwards pose to your defenders.

Ultimately, this game will be won or lost in the midfield. Hawthorn's ruck division remains horribly weak, so Adelaide should dominate the ruck contests. It remains to be seen whether this translates to clearances and/or midfield dominance.

You're right.. the thought of Stevens lining up on Hale doesn't put the fear of god into me at all. I'd pencil that one in as an easy match-up victory for Adelaide. Hale is rubbish.

I'm much more concerned about Franklin vs Davis and Johncock vs Cyril. Then again, those are more than matched by the danger our forwards pose to your defenders.

Ultimately, this game will be won or lost in the midfield. Hawthorn's ruck division remains horribly weak, so Adelaide should dominate the ruck contests. It remains to be seen whether this translates to clearances and/or midfield dominance.

Not sure that Maric & Moran/Tippett are what you would call a strong ruck division, then you have to consider who they are tapping the ball to... Thompson is your only A Grader in the midfield, you have some decent "runners" but Hodge (if playing) Mitchell, Sewell, Burgoyne will have too much grunt for Thompson, Sloane, Van Berlo, Mackay etc.

Not sure that Maric & Moran/Tippett are what you would call a strong ruck division, then you have to consider who they are tapping the ball to... Thompson is your only A Grader in the midfield, you have some decent "runners" but Hodge (if playing) Mitchell, Sewell, Burgoyne will have too much grunt for Thompson, Sloane, Van Berlo, Mackay etc.

To much Grunt for these three. Havent you seen Sloane play. Thats funny. Throw in Danger and Porpoise as well.

Too much grunt

HA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the midfield battle is going to be interesting. Adelaide's rucks aren't that special either.

Whilst Thompson is our only recognised A grader the Crows are going to rely on the likes of Sloan et al playing at that level if we are going to win more than a handful of games.

I would suggest that Clarkson will be focusing on Tagging Thompson with an eye on Vince and Sloane - Vince is a top class (not I didn't say elite) finisher when he gets the ball - I am hoping that Sloane and Danger can provide that ball for him.

edit - I forgot about Porps, if he is fit enough to play midfield it will be interesting how he is treated - bit of an unknown which always helps.

I would also suggest that a fit MacKay is a concern for opposition teams, being a line breaker he can create headaches but - I doubt our midfield causes too much concern for most coaches at the moment.

Maric/Moran/Tippett may not be a "strong" ruck division, but there's still daylight between them and Renouf/Hale.

You'll find that I alluded to the other midfielders as the ones who hold the key. I'm backing our mob to have yours covered - and quite comfortably so by the time the final siren sounds.

Maric/Moran/Tippett may not be a "strong" ruck division, but there's still daylight between them and Renouf/Hale.

You'll find that I alluded to the other midfielders as the ones who hold the key. I'm backing our mob to have yours covered - and quite comfortably so by the time the final siren sounds.

As there is daylight between Hodge, Mitchell, Sewell, Burgoyne, Rioli, Bruce, Lewis, Young and Thompson, Sloane, Dangerfield, Van Berlo, Vince, Makay, et al.

As there is daylight between Hodge, Mitchell, Sewell, Burgoyne, Rioli, Bruce, Lewis, Young and Thompson, Sloane, Dangerfield, Van Berlo, Vince, Makay, et al.

That may be so, but midfields operate as an 8-10 man unit these days. I'll back our less talented but hard working and well drilled midfield against your party boy, underachievers! :)

That may be so, but midfields operate as an 8-10 man unit these days. I'll back our less talented but hard working and well drilled midfield against your party boy, underachievers! :)

Underacheivers??

Hawthorn Midfield
Premiership Players - Young, Sewell, Mitchell, Hodge, Ellis, Rioli, Bateman, Lewis, Hodge
Hodge - Norm Smith Meadlist + Runner up MVP
Rioli - Rising Star Runner up

Adelaide Midfield

* (worlds smallest tumbleweed)

Hodge, if he even plays, will be woefully underdone. Sewell and Lewis are blue collar. Rioli will flash in and out as he has done his whole career. As for Burgoyne and Bruce....hmmm...I wonder about team harmony when Hodge, Sewell, Mitchell and Lewis are doing it tough in the trenches and they look around wondering where these 2 are...nowhere to be seen!

If Jacobs plays well this week with the Eagles I would want him to play along with Maric. Jacobs will smash them in the ruck and give 1st look to our mids. I think Douglas, Thomo and Sloane will have a field day with Jacobs palming it to them.

BNG that was 2008? Since then they haven't gone that far or that well - that is largely due to injuries I give you that - but your attitude implys that somehow Hawthorns midfield are the leading midfield unit in the comp.

I'm not saying they are shit, but that ain't THAT good.

We'll see... Plenty of footy experts are saying we are the biggest danger to Collingwood this year.

Apparently its not on the back of our Ruck division or our backline....

Remove this Banner Ad

Team Rd 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back