Team Thursday 18/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Woodville-West Torrens FC
Selection headaches i imagine. Rutten has been indicated as an in, as well as Tippett by Bickley??:confused:. Douglas and Mackay may be considered.

I am all for getting Rutten and Tippett back, but i liked the look of some our younger players. Who is most likely to dropped for these two? Mckernan and Maric? Rutten for Mckernan would be the obvious one. Who would go out for King Kurt? Maric has been great since coming back, so would it bea Gunston or a Henderson type? It is quite hard to gauge how selection will fall. :eek:

Hope to see Riley and Armstrong all continue...whilst showing good form:thumbsu:

I wouldn't be suprised if Rutten is given another week. Losing 5kg in such a short period of time because of illness can't be good. Let the old fella rest up and let smack cause havoc I say. I also think I heard Maric will be dropped for Tippett. McKay is still 1-2 weeks away apparently with a knee complaint. Douglas may come in for Riley, but wouldn't be suprised if hes given another week in SANFL. Callinan is def playing for centrals this week as well.

Smith is looking sore too. Wouldn't be surprised to see him rested. Interesting selection for Bicks. Does he play the kids or stick with the experienced players. I suspect the latter.

in Tippett, Rutten, Douglas
out Maric, McKernan, Smith

D Mac to play for South Adelaide (need to qualify him for finals :D - same goeas for McKernan :D)

I wouldn't be suprised if Rutten is given another week. Losing 5kg in such a short period of time because of illness can't be good. Let the old fella rest up and let smack cause havoc I say. I also think I heard Maric will be dropped for Tippett. McKay is still 1-2 weeks away apparently with a knee complaint. Douglas may come in for Riley, but wouldn't be suprised if hes given another week in SANFL. Callinan is def playing for centrals this week as well.
I was going come here to say basically the same thing about Rutten.

Smith needs to stay in.......

I was going come here to say basically the same thing about Rutten.

Smith needs to stay in.......

Disagree on Smith. If Douglas is going to come back in then I'd rather we drop Smith than Riley. Having said that.. I'd prefer Douglas to be given another run in the SANFL & keep Riley & Smith in the team.

I think the only change should be Tippett in for Maric.

IMO there is nothing to be gained in bringing in Rutten/Douglas/MacKay. For the sake of list management, we should be using the next few games as an opportunity to get a good extended look at fringe players so we have enough information to make good decisions on who to delist/promote/trade at season's end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree on Smith. If Douglas is going to come back in then I'd rather we drop Smith than Riley. Having said that.. I'd prefer Douglas to be given another run in the SANFL & keep Riley & Smith in the team.
Screw Douglas, make him hungry for the game again.

Smith and Riley for mine, Thoug Douglas is better than both atm. Perfect game for both the young fellas to go up against other talented young fellas under AFL pressure.

Looks like we have our own Tippet playing this week too! On debut after being impressive in the reserves.

Joel plays down back, so the two brothers may get a match-up on each other in some points of the game.
He has been a work in progress hasnt he.

He has been a work in progress hasnt he.

Definitely. Was drafted with the Lions originally I think? Then dropped due to his injuries before he could make his senior debut. Back stress fractures.

Suns picked him up in the rookie draft and he worked hard to get back to fitness last year. This year he's had a good run without injury, and has shown great disciplined defensive form in the last month or so. Even some good offensive play. Has earnt his spot to make a debut. :thumbsu:

Looks like we have our own Tippet playing this week too! On debut after being impressive in the reserves.

Joel plays down back, so the two brothers may get a match-up on each other in some points of the game.

Now there is one for all the cynics and conspiracy theorists

Ivan would be stiff - I reckon hes played well and added grunt in the last couple of weeks.
I reckon they will be trying to fit both and use this game to have a look at Tippett Walker combination to make it work maybe with Tippett at CHF and stretch the GC defence size wise.
That way they could not play both McKernan and Rutten and although not totally sold on Smack yet might give Ben another week off.
Both Riley and Smith on performance would be lucky to hold spot maybe one will in interest of developement .
Although they wont I personally would be bringing Callinan back in to prove to Crows should be retained as much better value moving forward than Reilly.:diamond:

Gee hard selection. We all know we wont make finals oviously. The questions that i would ask myself is will Bickley play the youngsters and give them experience or play the strongest side and win to improve his chances of scoring the main job. I see bickley putting the AFC infront of his own wishes/desires.

Gee hard selection. We all know we wont make finals oviously. The questions that i would ask myself is will Bickley play the youngsters and give them experience or play the strongest side and win to improve his chances of scoring the main job. I see bickley putting the AFC infront of his own wishes/desires.

I think we need to find the balance of both and pick your best 22 players for the game.

Not sure if it is strictly Maric vs Tippet as earlier in the year we were fielding teams with Tippet, Walker/Gunston, Smack/Moran and Hendo or FF, CHF, Ruck/Resting forward and tall HFF. As such This week could see Hendo dripped for Tippet with a bit of a restructure. Tip/walker = FF/CHF Maric = second ruck Gunston = tall HFF. Way I see it Maric's last 3 weeks have been better the Hendos. Will be interesting to see what ends up happening!

why does this board insist on these types of scenarios for our coaches?

perhaps the selection team will pick the appropriate team and judge Bickley on how he coaches those players?

i

Remove this Banner Ad

Team Thursday 18/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back