News Team V Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Rodan is no better for us than the others. No point being ON one week if it means you're guaranteed to go missing the next.

Watch out you will fire Ford up :)

We can't dispose of all straight away.

So I would go with the pea hearts first and players who have lost it.

Westhoff, Harding, Carr, Motlop, Nash, Logan needs to go next week hehehe

Lobbe, Gray, Meyer, Boak, Moore, shit bring in Butcher who cares if he's only played reserves and whoever else.

we need to turn half our list over this week to recover.

Well done Kane on 200 and I would flog Cassisi too much this week.

Lloyd is a bit of a tool but one thing he said probably has merit, said he had heard around the traps that our training hasn't been as solid as it was which is why we aren't there on game day. If only Russel Ebert was our coach. "You play how you train". Such simple things we need to go back to and we could be better.

We wish !!

Sounds like Matthew Lloyd to me for the "special comments" ... but that is just a pure guess.

yes it was loyd. he seemed to be very diplomatic in his evaluations.

i am not too dissapointed with this game.
the players are trying.
this is borne out in the stats.
port are quite high up in the contested possesions, hard ball gets, tackles etc all the tuff stuff.
but we are 15 or 16 for disposal efficiency.
we win the ball enough but then we turn it over so easily.
cassisi, cornes, logan, davenport etc are all rubbish kicks.
i honestly think that if we could cut four or five players with terrible disposal and get in a few classy players (hartlett, gray) then our results would be different.
still our coach was the worst kick i can recall so i am not sure how much value he places in it.

Be interesting to see what PRIMUS says tonight.

I hope he says something along the lines of "many players had their last chance tonight .. and we will see a number of changes next week". Followed up by 6 changes next week.

I hope he doesn't say "happy with the way the players fought it out under difficult conditions ... blah blah blah ... missing lots of players through injury ... blah blah blah ...". Followed by picking more or less the same team with players in the same positions next week.

if i hear "short marking forward" in this years draft, i will go crazy
We need a decent small forward.Ebert cant kick straight and Hitchcock is too light plus we have d stewart westoff shulz butcher webb so yeah.I hope we target charlie reiwolt in the draft

Unfortunately we have the worst list in the AFL right now - it's as simple and as damning as that.

We have 10-15 players on our list who are either never going to give us AFL standard football or who are far too injury prone and unreliable to the point that they can't play consistently.

Substandard:
Carr
Nash
Harding
J. Westhoff (way over-rated after 2007)
Davenport
M. Westhoff
Logan * at least his effort lifts him way above the rest in this group

Injury prone
M. Motlop
Hartlett
Gray
Salopek * recurrent injuries have lessened his value

Too unreliable
D. Motlop - honestly how many good full seasons has he played for us in 5 years? Honestly.

We also have Chad, Tredrea and Brogan who are unlikely to be of any value to us next year.

It's a reflection of player management and recruiting. Choco, Peter Rohde and all of the coaches who have been associated with the shaping of this playing list have got us in this predicament.

cassisi, cornes, logan, davenport etc are all rubbish kicks.

kornes had about 40 possessions tonight :eek:

The fact that the opposition teams continue to refuse to even be concerned about him is a sad indictment on his impact on the game. If Didak gets 40 possessions Collingwood will win 9 times out of 10. (or insert any other damaging player instead).

yes it was loyd. he seemed to be very diplomatic in his evaluations.

i am not too dissapointed with this game.
the players are trying.
this is borne out in the stats.
port are quite high up in the contested possesions, hard ball gets, tackles etc all the tuff stuff.

The tackle count tonight (22 tackles in the first half!) and the lack of run provided by players for four quarters would strongly squash your argument that the players were trying anywhere near hard enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even Cloke might get a game next week based on that.

What is the most number of changes a team has ever made from one week to the next?
Where's Bruce Macevaney when you need him?

I believe Stewart could be a good to solid CHF while Justin Westoff has to be a full forward or else its bye bye

I think it is definitely bye bye.

I'm praying for a new coach just to see him delisted. He is a total waste of space now, along with at least 8 of the other players who took to the field for us tonight.

We have so many underserving players getting selected at AFL.

As poor as Hitchcock and as mediocre as Banner and even Trengove were tonight, I would much rather see young players like them, Lobbe, Moore, Pittard struggle next week than watch Carr, Harding, Nash, Davenport and Westhoff rack up 20 fumbled disposals between them.

I also have no wish to see Daniel Motlop represent us again this year.

What's the deal with all the illiterate fans hating Daniel Stewart?

This board ain't pretty after a loss haha

Stewart has to come back in next week though!

Gray, Chad, Stewart, Boak, Thomas will all be ins hopefully.

kornes had about 40 possessions tonight :eek:

The fact that the opposition teams continue to refuse to even be concerned about him is a sad indictment on his impact on the game. If Didak gets 40 possessions Collingwood will win 9 times out of 10. (or insert any other damaging player instead).

and he was considered by the commentators for bog. yet he had practically zero impact on the game. go figure.
i reckon the opposition are happy to see the ball in cornes's hands. his kicking has certainly improved of late but under pressure he is the turnover king.

i wouldnt get too negative about the result, squad, coaching staff etc.
i think people over react to both positive and negative results.
its human nature.
the crows were the worst team in the afl earlier in the year, with the worst coach, the worst gameplan and the sky was about to fall in.
but this week they beat geelong and they are world beaters.

truth is port/ primus needs to bite the bullet and take the pain by playing the kids.
if he doesnt drop motlop this week i will not renew my membership

Can we stop calling for the kids to come in, ffs.

They are either injured, not ready or have never made their way out of the SANFL reserves.

Only ones that should be considered are Stewart and Moore.

ummm .... Lobbe and Meyer thanks :p

I think most sane people agree that JMP, Butcher, and M. Motlop are still a fair way (deep into next year) from seeing any action.

Can we stop calling for the kids to come in, ffs.

They are either injured, not ready or have never made their way out of the SANFL reserves.

Only ones that should be considered are Stewart and Moore.

Have a look at the crows, some of the their youngstars never really had a breakout SANFL game, came in directly from the reserves.I am sure some crows fans can help here.

cassisi being captain shows how weak this club really is while i respect his efforts at times this guy is not a leader that will bring this club into a new era.
Clean out from top to bottom:thumbsdown:

Warren Tredrea says: "Dom is a skipper I’d happily follow into battle."

I am not questioning his leadership - at the moment he is still the right choice for captain - just that his disposal by foot is more often than not terrible. There is absolutely no penetration in his kick... if only he could kick like Pearce.

Also, he is not the most solidly built guy going around and not the most agile/nimble either. He's got a big tank (no question about that) and a big ticker - but lacks any explosive pace.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Team V Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back