Team vs Collingwood - Pedersen omitted

Remove this Banner Ad

All three in are part of a North finals and premiership team in the next four years.

Cam P ain't.

I wouldn't be so sure. Pedersen is no Josh Smith. In fact he isn't a typical rookie listed tall - I have never seen him play at any level before round 1 and was extremely impressed by his speed and agility for his size.

If Leigh Brown can be a Premiership player, Pedersen certainly can too. Especially if the AFL persists with the sub rule for the next few years.

Reallistically the only blokes we could possibly have dropped instead of Pedersen would have been Richardson, McMahon, Atley or Ziebell. But given the need for run this week, the cards fell the way they did.

The Pedo was very stiff.

Now there's a sentence I never thought I'd type.

Sending Pedo back to play with the kids at VFL level, on national tv as well, may be the perfect tonic for him to return re-energised.

I reckon he'd be a perfect sub and, as FlagBradMarioTefOBST said, I won't be at all surprised to see him run out in place of Narni this week.

He deserves a spot, that's for sure.

Pedo is pretty stiff to be dropped after such a galant effort against the eagles.
Just thought I would put this one out there... how about Pedo at CHF if Lachie doesnt hit his straps? Pedo is tall, agile, runs his guts out, has strong hands and seems to be a pretty good user of the ball. His height in the forward line would certainly worry a few teams

This would be the best 22 weve had since our 07/08 days.
And even then we were cursing not having JWS in our side back then.
The sub rule IMO makes the loss of McIntosh not that high. Hes best 22 but can be covered and Basti and Levi can be covered aswell. As long as Edward does what hes doing cause hes been brilliant so far. And Atley and Richardson improve aswell as Cruize and McMahon- the latters I hope they have breakout years cause after the bye Campbell, McKinley, Warren and Pederson are knocking on the door.
I reckon were at about 94% capacity which is the highest weve been in ages.
Hell we dropped Pederson who was BOG last week.
The fact Grima, Tarrant, Firrito, Thompson and Rawlings are playing in the backline together, i know they wont gel straight away but that defence makes me really excited. You cant get much better than that and their all mature age. Rawlings is 30 in the best form of his career, Spud aswell only 26, Hunter is what 23-24 as is Narni and Taz is 21 i believe so their not young, their tough, good defenders- Im up and about.
Our midfield is almost at capacity. Anthony, Ziebell, Wells, Swallow, Harvey, Adams, Cunnington and Atley. If 6 of those can have an excellent game then were in for a shot.
Potent is a word no one usually associates with us. TBQH we dont really use it on here either. But our forward line this week is anything but.
2 FF in Petrie and Edwards. Both good on the lead, both good on the air- hell with attacking options this great i cant see why we wont be capable of kicking a winning score. Lachy is going to be pivotal aswell as the hit up option around the flanks. If he can run Reid around the wings, the fifty and have the ball kicked to his advantage, once again well cause havoc.
LT is in good form so hes going to be watched. FFS please LT i know theyre going to put Toovey on you but hes no spud. Hes deceitfully quick and hes the player a coach loves. Dont be surprised if he keeps LT goal-less but gee someone dress up as Jim Krakouer and visit LT before the game. Maybe seeing Andrew running around will get LT fired up. Wrighty aswell is about to explode onto the stage and his awarness, class and skill will surprise the Pies. I reckon if he can get the ball around fifty- at any time- hes the bloke to have it. The new Boomer, if anyones in doubt around the sticks dish it off to Sammy.

This would be the best 22 weve had since our 07/08 days.
And even then we were cursing not having JWS in our side back then.
The sub rule IMO makes the loss of McIntosh not that high. Hes best 22 but can be covered and Basti and Levi can be covered aswell. As long as Edward does what hes doing cause hes been brilliant so far. And Atley and Richardson improve aswell as Cruize and McMahon- the latters I hope they have breakout years cause after the bye Campbell, McKinley, Warren and Pederson are knocking on the door.
I reckon were at about 94% capacity which is the highest weve been in ages.
Hell we dropped Pederson who was BOG last week.
The fact Grima, Tarrant, Firrito, Thompson and Rawlings are playing in the backline together, i know they wont gel straight away but that defence makes me really excited. You cant get much better than that and their all mature age. Rawlings is 30 in the best form of his career, Spud aswell only 26, Hunter is what 23-24 as is Narni and Taz is 21 i believe so their not young, their tough, good defenders- Im up and about.
Our midfield is almost at capacity. Anthony, Ziebell, Wells, Swallow, Harvey, Adams, Cunnington and Atley. If 6 of those can have an excellent game then were in for a shot.
Potent is a word no one usually associates with us. TBQH we dont really use it on here either. But our forward line this week is anything but.
2 FF in Petrie and Edwards. Both good on the lead, both good on the air- hell with attacking options this great i cant see why we wont be capable of kicking a winning score. Lachy is going to be pivotal aswell as the hit up option around the flanks. If he can run Reid around the wings, the fifty and have the ball kicked to his advantage, once again well cause havoc.
LT is in good form so hes going to be watched. FFS please LT i know theyre going to put Toovey on you but hes no spud. Hes deceitfully quick and hes the player a coach loves. Dont be surprised if he keeps LT goal-less but gee someone dress up as Jim Krakouer and visit LT before the game. Maybe seeing Andrew running around will get LT fired up. Wrighty aswell is about to explode onto the stage and his awarness, class and skill will surprise the Pies. I reckon if he can get the ball around fifty- at any time- hes the bloke to have it. The new Boomer, if anyones in doubt around the sticks dish it off to Sammy.

Nice Wrap Up.... and you're right. Edwards has been working very hard and putting on a lot of forward pressure!

Disgusting decision, I cannot believe that he has been dropped.

Team balance my arse, we are in no position to be talking about team balance.

We certainly are in no position to be carrying unfit or injured players.

Cam Pedersen, you deserve to be playing mate, at least as a sub (ahead of Cunnington at the moment that's for sure)

Would have kept Pedo in side somehow. Maybe drop Hansen. Hard call

Hard call? No. Completely idiotic call that should see you fired on the ****ing spot is closer to the mark.

This is just the selection equivalent of taking a player off after they've kicked a goal.

But seriously guys, get used to selection decisions that cause some pain. When you have depth, and the need to have 30 (not 22) players who are all worthy of a spot, worthy players will miss out.

All three in are part of a North finals and premiership team in the next four years.

CamP ain't.

As luckless at the selection table as he continues to be in the name abbreviation stakes.

As luckless at the selection table as he continues to be in the name abbreviation stakes.

Agreed, on both counts. Did TTs twinkle move from his toes to his eyes when he had "Pedo playing with the kids"? "The File" needs to be one further step removed to stop me from just putting "Pedo" and "File" together. "Camp" is actually looking the best of a bad bunch right now. It's a Danish name, so perhaps "The Great Dane"? You can add an A to CP and call him "The Accountant"? Pedersen sounds like pedestrian which is a walker which is the ghost who walks name when he gets out in the community, so perhaps "The Phantom"? Even if we give up and just call him Pedersen, it gets misspelled almost as often as Kraker, no Kracker, I mean Krakeour, no Krakour, um Krakouer I think.

On his non-selection, as a mature recruit, hopefully he realises that having a MC willing to sacrifice a one-game player (albeit a great game) for the sake of team balance, means that once he does crack it into the team on an ongoing basis he's far more likely to be part of team success. And I think he will become a fixture of the team, sooner rather than later.

Finally, as someone else pointed out, these are the problems you are going to face if you have 30 odd players who can fit into the team at any time. Have a cry into your premiership cup about it.

Its pretty clear that him and Goldy can't play in the same side again. I started another thread about about it and got slammed by most incuding you for memory Benno.

Not sure why you think that way. Especially when you can sub off a tall for a runner or one could be the sub.

When true talls or mids are available it is the mid size players that are in trouble.

McKinley, Warren...McMahon is probably next.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct. Might be an idea to copy and paste it into the first post from now on so we don't have this every week.

It might be an idea for you to actually say something instead of spending your time in every thread sprouting lame superior catchlines like "watch some football", "lol", "how can you say that", "you people amaze me" "drop player x - omg are you serious" etc,etc.

As far as i can see you don't think anyone from the entire list is not entitled to a game each week. I guess it always makes you right when you see the ins.

It might be an idea for you to actually say something instead of spending your time in every thread sprouting lame superior catchlines like "watch some football", "lol", "how can you say that", "you people amaze me" "drop player x - omg are you serious" etc,etc.

As far as i can see you don't think anyone from the entire list is not entitled to a game each week. I guess it always makes you right when you see the ins.

Jesus, somebody had their favourite dress spoiled by a special man-friend again.

Given that Goldy, Petrie and Grima are automatic inclusions, it stands to reason a tall somewhere had to be dropped. Especially given we are taking on one of the hardest running teams the game has seen.

For me it was between Tarrant and Pederson. Tarrant has also been impressive so far, and his development is extremely important for the long term, so Pederson it was. Its bad luck, but thats the way the cookie crumbles unfortunately.

At the very least I think Pederson can go away knowing his versatility will give him extra opportunities to replace players in the Ruck or KPP positions. Given our recent record with outs, I think its fair to assume he will get plenty of chances down the track.

Jesus, somebody had their favourite dress spoiled by a special man-friend again.

Hard to blame you when she has such a nice cunnington, but try taking a few deeps breaths next time.

Disgusting decision, I cannot believe that he has been dropped.

Team balance my arse, we are in no position to be talking about team balance.

We certainly are in no position to be carrying unfit or injured players.

Cam Pedersen, you deserve to be playing mate, at least as a sub (ahead of Cunnington at the moment that's for sure)

I probably should assume that its no coincidence that im reading this on the first of April because you are talking absolute nonsense. Grima is our no.1 FB, Goldstein is our no.1 ruck atm, Petrie is our no.1 forward. This isnt opinion, it is fact.

How exactly does Pederson fit in our team with those automatic inclusions? Unluckiest player in the AFL? Probably. Should he be in the round 2 side? No.

Rate yourselves much of a shot?

The Collingwood board are predicting 14 to 22 goal wins.

I think we will give them a fright, especially if our talls get going, but Collingwoods superior current fitness will see them pull away and score a 27 point win.

This time, next year. LOOK OUT PIES!

Remove this Banner Ad

Team vs Collingwood - Pedersen omitted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back