Team vs Collingwood - Pedersen omitted

Remove this Banner Ad

Usually I'd be confident with our side as listed against most teams save for a couple of factors;

The Pies being a reigning premiership great hardworking team (As much as i hate to say it)

And our 3 ins being amongst our most important players playing their first game of the year.

Would be disappointed if we don't put in a good effort though...

As for Pedders extremely unlucky but the right decision, it seems some on here want us to be the land of giants again:rolleyes:

And i keep seeing people putting Richo's name up as one who could've made way this week...they obviously didn't watch the WC game :rolleyes:

Stiff on PedoBear!

but really, we should look at it as who gets dropped for who. Its really a matter of clear the team sheet and pick the players for each position.
Unfotunately, that means that Pederson misses out on a spot because all the other talls are picked before him.

(he's the bear, we're the -philes)

One thing I got out of Pedersen's run against the Weagles is that I have a bit more faith in our tall stocks.

Grima, Tarrant, Thompson, Hansen, Petrie, Goldstein, McIntosh and Pedersen = all AFL capable

Daw, Delaney = Showed good signs

Kennedy, Black, C. Delaney, Mabon = For the future

Funny, Pedo showed more in one game than Hale did in all of 2010. Nice upgrade if you ask me.

I cannot believe Thompson is playing this week. He has shown over the past few seasons that he's incapable of making good decisions under pressure. His turnovers kill us and Richardson and Firrito are much better 3rd tall options. It's embarrasssing when the opposition set up to let him get the ball knowing that they'll be a good chance to get it back on the turnover.

Other than Thompson the team looks just about right. Petrie can play 2nd ruck so I'd probably give Warren or Ross a chance at sub to inject a bit of spark forward of centre.

We're not without a chance to upset the Pies.

I cannot believe Thompson is playing this week. He has shown over the past few seasons that he's incapable of making good decisions under pressure. His turnovers kill us and Richardson and Firrito are much better 3rd tall options. It's embarrasssing when the opposition set up to let him get the ball knowing that they'll be a good chance to get it back on the turnover.

Other than Thompson the team looks just about right. Petrie can play 2nd ruck so I'd probably give Warren or Ross a chance at sub to inject a bit of spark forward of centre.

Hunter has his good days and his bad days. Most noticeable is that his good days, which are really f**king good, tend to happen when he isn't matched up against a gorilla such as Q.Lynch or Cox. With Narni and Taz taking the two big targets it frees Hunter up to play his natural game.

You don't like him? Well, that's too bad because he is in the best 22.

Hunter has his good days and his bad days. Most noticeable is that his good days, which are really f**king good, tend to happen when he isn't matched up against a gorilla such as Q.Lynch or Cox. With Narni and Taz taking the two big targets it frees Hunter up to play his natural game.

You don't like him? Well, that's too bad because he is in the best 22.

As I said, Firrito & Richardson are better 3rd talls and Pedersen & Delaney are better 2nd talls so his time in the best 22 may be limited. No matter how "f**king good" his best is, we just can't afford the number of brain explosions he has.

As I said, Firrito & Richardson are better 3rd talls and Pedersen & Delaney are better 2nd talls so his time in the best 22 may be limited. No matter how "f**king good" his best is, we just can't afford the number of brain explosions he has.

Cameron (I've played one game at AFL level and it was on a wing) Richardson is a better 3rd tall defender? Ok.

Thompson as the third tall allows Spud to run off a flank, which is his best role. I for one don't agree that Spud is better in the third tall defender role anyway. Hunters, IMO, is our best third tall option and playing that role will allow him to utilise his run and carry better than what playing as a KPD will. You may disagree, that's fine. But I reckon the odds are that he will still be playing that role in the 22 by seasons end. If not, then someone better is doing the job.

As I said, the brain explosions you allude to happen much less frequently when he is contending with a gorilla. When on song he is our best defender in traffic and vital to generating drive off the back line.

Is it at all possible, guys, that Pedersen was omitted due to the fact he would have been heaving blood after last weeks game over the other end of the country?

Any first gamer that busted their guts like he did would be questionable the next week, purely fitness wise.

Also... he doesn't fit with those ins. Easy one.

Petrie to CHB for mine, if he stays at FF he will freeze to death, or crunch Lachie in a marking contest.

Petrie to CHB for mine, if he stays at FF he will freeze to death, or crunch Lachie in a marking contest.

One tall target is definitely not enough. Two talls inside 50 and one as a hit up forward is a must IMO.

The Collingwood board are predicting 14 to 22 goal wins.
Oh really? I think I've seen one one post predicting 100+ (which was probably half joking anyway), and another post saying 100+ was a very realistic possibility. The rest seem to be around 10 goals, which is completely reasonable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Collingwood board are predicting 14 to 22 goal wins.
Yeah but it's no secret their supporters are amongst the bigger turnips in the competition. I'm sure Malthouse and the players aren't thinking like that. Besides, it's nothing compared to some of the utter shit their supporters have been spitting out in the HS. Apparently we're whingers about the clash jumper, ironically it was McGuire that started the whinging about it in 1998, predictably after a loss, and we should be thankful because they're allowing us to play an early home game against them. So now they not only run the AFL, but set up the fixturing as well. :eek::rolleyes:

I actually wish the club did share their stupidly misplaced arrogance. It's similar arrogance that brought them down twice before throughout history.

I probably should assume that its no coincidence that im reading this on the first of April because you are talking absolute nonsense. Grima is our no.1 FB, Goldstein is our no.1 ruck atm, Petrie is our no.1 forward. This isnt opinion, it is fact.

How exactly does Pederson fit in our team with those automatic inclusions? Unluckiest player in the AFL? Probably. Should he be in the round 2 side? No.

Why shouldn't he be in the side round 2 big boy? If you are basing it on form then you're obviously taking the piss, and if you're using the old team balance theory then I'm sorry but that's a bullshit cop out that has never been an issue for us in the past.
Hmmm since when have we started dropping blokes for match up reasons? I thought we were the kings at bringing an unusual amount of tall timber in (especially on wet days)

As I said in an earlier post, Pedersen should have at least been retained as a sub and someone like Ziebell, Cunnington or even Atley should be given a full game in the guts in the VFL until they A: find some touch and form or B: reach a higher level of fitness.

Oh really? I think I've seen one one post predicting 100+ (which was probably half joking anyway), and another post saying 100+ was a very realistic possibility. The rest seem to be around 10 goals, which is completely reasonable.

Yes, really.

I've seen 80, 100 and 130 points mentioned.

Is there another Thompson you are talking about because it can't be Scott Thompson.

I know this is completely nothing to do with this thread, but I was unable to start my own thread, coz im from South Australia probably. Anyway would someone be able to help me out with some information as to wether North Melbourne are training on good friday and wether it would be possible to go to a tour through our new facilities. I would also like on this day to renew some memberships and buy some memorabilia and polo shirt etc if the boys are training, but considering it's good friday this all may not be possible? If anyone could help me it would be much appreciated

So 3 people represent an entire board do they?

Where did I state that?

I went with the only the available data at the time.

I don't see the need to throw in sub clauses in the odd chance that this data doesn't sit well with you.

If you don't like it, then take it up with the relevant posters on your board, not me.

Also, 80 points is not unrealistic at all.

Who knows?

We shall have to wait and see.

Also, 80 points is not unrealistic at all.
Yeah, it is. Collingwood base their game on winning contested football. Thumping a side of front running outside flakes like Port Adelaide doesn't strengthen your argument. North will win a lot more contested ball than they ever would have.

Yeah, it is. Collingwood base their game on winning contested football. Thumping a side of front running outside flakes like Port Adelaide doesn't strengthen your argument. North will win a lot more contested ball than they ever would have.
Considering last time we played you guys, we won by 66 points, I don't see how 80 points is unrealistic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Team vs Collingwood - Pedersen omitted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back