News Teams RD 16:- Carlton v Sydney Swans.

Remove this Banner Ad

We in WA take a very keen interest in the Ants esp the WA boys. May not see many of the games but as we have a vested interest we may actually know more than you! So try not to be such a smart ass.

Back off Guns. I just find it extremely stupid that you bag out a first year player and say he is slack and doesn't deserve a spot in our 22. I go down to the ants games and I also go to training. Yarran is not slack and lazy. He looks brilliant and slick moving up the ground. His kicking is great.

He told me this..... :rolleyes:

Yarran deserves a game ahead of Stevens because he gives a shit and will put the team first before his own statistics.

Unlike Stevens who is a pathetic leader and in his 1 VFL game allowed his direct opponent to be BOG.

Stevens looks more likely by the week to be cut at the end of the season.

Bentley was OK last week and will continue to get a game until someone like Hadley or Bentick pull their fingers out.

So pencil Bentley in for a few more games yet.

Good changes but signals the end for Hartlett.

Great to have Bower back but I have a feeling he'll be a late withdrawal with Hartlett coming back in.

Jeffy has been stale and Yaz gets a run which is good to see.

Scotland in as well which helps our disposal out of the backline which we sadly have been lacking.

Armfield was a major culprit in this regard.

We don't need Armfield's pace against Sydney at Etihad.

Good changes.

LOL. I stopped reading from there. Yarran is not the player he was touted to be because his head is not all there. Yarran is a much better player than what he is dishing out atm.

Having said all that, Nick Stevens doesn't deserve a call up for his performance in the magoos, it simply wasn't good enough. He has to knock the door down to get selected. The game against Essendon really turned me off him, he is such a lazy soft footballer it’s not funny.

You rather listen to someone else's views than making your own mind up on a first year player. :thumbsu:

Hopefully you'll tune into the Yarran show on Saturday afternoon.

What are you on about? I was not having a go at Yarran saying he was shit I was saying that i didn't think he had earnt his right to play on the weekend. I think that if he pulls his head in trains hard he will hopefully be a great player for us i was just pointing out the fact he hasn't done anything to deserve a spot. In saying that i hope he actually turns up and shows us what he can do on the wkend.

Troll.
You live in Perth, you don't have access to viewing the games. So I don't know how you can say something so stupid as that statement.

WTF is your problem? Are you related to him or something?

The kid deserves disparagement; he is not playing to his potential.

We in WA take a very keen interest in the Ants esp the WA boys. May not see many of the games but as we have a vested interest we may actually know more than you! So try not to be such a smart ass.

I swear if Fish is either not a late withdrawl or does not have a blinder I will insert the Rialto tower up his and the MC's date!
Otherwise looks OK to me. Disappointed Armfield has been made a scapegoat. Not sure if Bower is ready to rock but surprise me. Yarran in for Garlett. Step up lad!
Goodluck Scotland, hope the old Scotland is back and adds some grunt!

Was disappointed with army aswell, but they told him that he has done everything right and that they just want him to go back for the ants and have some freedom and be pressure free... don't really understand it that much but owell lol I thought a couple of others could have been ommited b4 him but thats the way it is.

Please someone explain to me how based on VFL form Yarran deserves a game ahead of Nick Stevens.

How can Bentley stay in.

Bentley is getting a game because he is putting his body in

very good selections. I'm very happy with this. It will be interested to see if Bower will play, if not Hartlett will get the call up again. Austin not in is a good thing as well for now as they are not particularly a tall side...

We should win this on recent for. They are our bogey side i know, but we are a class above them atm...

BLUES BY 28 POINTS :thumbsu:

Bentley on the other hand... He must be doing something absolutely special to vindicate his selection that we don't see... i really want to know what that is,

see above

You are really full of shi*

Troll.
You live in Perth, you don't have access to viewing the games. So I don't know how you can say something so stupid as that statement.

Mister C you have been demoted to Little Master C for being too willing to fire on our own troops :thumbsdown:

What are you on about? I was not having a go at Yarran saying he was shit I was saying that i didn't think he had earnt his right to play on the weekend. I think that if he pulls his head in trains hard he will hopefully be a great player for us i was just pointing out the fact he hasn't done anything to deserve a spot. In saying that i hope he actually turns up and shows us what he can do on the wkend.

WTF is your problem? Are you related to him or something?

I'm not even going to argue with you two. It's like talking to a brick wall...

What?

How does bagging an 18 year old on a messageboard improve Yarran's form?

I just knew you would post something like that.

Do our coaches criticise the players as much as the supporters to get them to perform?

Various reports suggest that Yarran played well and showed his class in his last VFL game.

Yarran will hit more targets than Garlett who is a stick and lacks polish in general play.

Anderson is a better kick than Armfield.

These selections plus Bower and Scotland will make us a better team.

Bentley is getting a game because he is putting his body in

see above

Mister C you have been demoted to Little Master C for being too willing to fire on our own troops :thumbsdown:

Not you too Five. Let's all bag out a first year player. Hopefully his confidence will shatter just like JR. :thumbsu:

Selections are good.

Hartlett was beaten by a second gamer, Garlett although his forward pressure has been good just needs to go back and kick some goals and Armfield just needs to straighten his kicking. We'll see Garlett and Armfield again, and only Hartlett as a gap palyer.

Scotland we need across half back, Yarren deserves a chance, he is young and is much better for playing seniors than 2's and Bower is class.

In saying that I expect Bower to be a late withdrawal and Hartlett to be the gap player he is. Hampson could also be a late withdrawal after injuring his AC join last week, bring in Cloke to body up with Jolly leaving Kruezer forward.

People here are saying Harltett and others deserve a run of consecutive games in the seniors to hit form etc, yet these same peopel are callign for Fishers head, he also hasn't been able to string games together this year, he is very important up forward and will coem good, he did many good things against RFC, i think people are just critical.

Anyway Carlton by 8 goals.

People here are saying Harltett and others deserve a run of consecutive games in the seniors to hit form etc, yet these same peopel are callign for Fishers head, he also hasn't been able to string games together this year, he is very important up forward and will coem good, he did many good things against RFC, i think people are just critical.
What does Hartlett have to do with Fisher who is a forward and nothing else

We're just pleased to see Hartlett get through a game after a terrible run with injury.

Fisher has been poor and can't even hold his feet.

I'll go he if there is a poorer kick than Fisher in our 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless Setanta is still unavailable through injury, I thought he'd come back into the team. Austin was also available - so he's unlucky as well.

Like seeing Bower and Scotland getting another game, and Yarran probably deserves another chance after spending some time in the Bullants.

I just want to beat Sydney, and get this friggin' monkey off our back.

Selections are good.

Hartlett was beaten by a second gamer,
Garlett although his forward pressure has been good just needs to go back and kick some goals and Armfield just needs to straighten his kicking. We'll see Garlett and Armfield again, and only Hartlett as a gap palyer.

Scotland we need across half back, Yarren deserves a chance, he is young and is much better for playing seniors than 2's and Bower is class.

In saying that I expect Bower to be a late withdrawal and Hartlett to be the gap player he is. Hampson could also be a late withdrawal after injuring his AC join last week, bring in Cloke to body up with Jolly leaving Kruezer forward.

Anyway Carlton by 8 goals.
I think he still might play as i seriously doubt Bower will be right, hope i am wrong though. Irish must have more then just general soreness also and obviously Stevens hasn't met his skin fold's target either.:mad:

I for one am rapt that Yarran is in the side this week, Jeffy puts on good pressure but is no real scoring threat and I think its a good time to give Yarran a run regardless of current form, the MC want to have a look at him and see if he can provide a spark (cause we have been lacking one) ppossibly looking to get some game time into him looking at the later rounds and final (fingers crossed) If him and garlett both get 10 touches when they play I know I'd rather yarran having it the 10 times.

Also if cloke plays then that is ridiculous, Hampson is better with one arm so just give him a shot before the game and let him run jolly around.

I think without carlos in then fisher is our only proven option, hartlett is un proven as is Austin, don't unsettle the forward line too much, plus fish gets out of Fev's way, creates holes behind him when he leads.

Good stuff.
Yarran back in and named in that HB, here's a chance to see Yazza get a lot of the ball and for everyone else to just see what he can do with it. Go Yazza Go!

Fisher, still riding his luck that Irish isn't up. Bower suprised he is named but most probably harts will come in and he'd deserved it. Happy to see Scotters back in:thumbsu:

White and McVeigh are big inclusions for Swannies. Watch out for Rhyce Shaw Judd, and don't let Goodes get on top, Gibbsy.

Bring Carlos, 1AW and even RW and we're looking to have a bloody decent team come Sep.

Carlton has made three changes ahead of its Round 16 match against Sydney at Docklands on Saturday afternoon. The Blues have recalled Heath Scotland and Chris Yarran, while Paul Bower returns after he injured his knee in Round 13. Scotland and Yarran have both been promoted from the Northern Bullants. Scotland last played seniors in Round 13, while Yarran returns for his first match since Round 9. Bower’s inclusion means that Adam Hartlett misses out on selection as does recently re-signed Dennis Armfield and Jeff Garlett.

Carlton

Backs Bret Thornton Michael Jamison Aaron Joseph
Half backs Heath Scotland Paul Bower Chris Yarran
Centreline Kade Simpson Jordan Russell Chris Johnson
Half forwards Marc Murphy Brad Fisher Andrew Carrazzo
Forwards Shaun Hampson Brendan Fevola Eddie Betts
Followers Matthew Kreuzer Chris Judd Bryce Gibbs
Interchange Joe Anderson Greg Bentley Shaun Grigg Ryan Houlihan
Emergencies Cameron Cloke Adam Hartlett Nick Stevens
Out: Adam Hartlett, Dennis Armfield, Jeff Garlett

Sydney Swans

B: Malceski, Roberts-Thomson, Bolton, C.
HB: Shaw, Richards, Mattner
C: Smith, Kirk, McVeigh
HF: O’Keefe, R., Grundy, Barlow
F: White, O'Loughlin, Goodes
FOLL: Jolly, Jack, Bolton, J.
Interchange: Bird, Hannebery, Pyke, Veszpremi

Emergency: Ablett, Bevan, Thornton
In: Hannebery, McVeigh, White
Out: Ablett, Bevan, Crouch

Milestones: Dan Hannebery (AFL debut)

Come on blues 3 in a row!

Yarran 35 disposals - 10 hard ball gets - 10 tackles - Goals 6.5 - 6 assists.

I am getting pissed off at the amount of so called Carlton fans who are bagging a kid. I hate it when kids from any club gets bagged, Yarran is 18 or 19, a long way from home, trying to play in the AFL against men. Let him complete his two years and then we can judge, now shut the **** up, leave him alone and let him play the game he loves.

I agree with most that fisher is a liability, but he's only getting a gig until setant is ready .. The big irish (for the first time in his carrier) has pretty much locked down a position , and CHF is a big one for us ..

Why is Garlett out, whenever we saw Richmond getting chased in the backline Garlett was there. Although his tackling isn't awesome it allows players up the ground to prepare a bit more as the ball isn't brought out easily. We need this guy in the team even if he only gets 1 kick, he is in the team for pressure. No-one does it better in the team. It also releases Eddie to do what he does best and kick goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back