Teams Round 4 Vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

I was a tad surprised not to see Fyfe named on the extended interchange bench, particularly given his performance last week.

Nevertheless, it's great that supporters can argue the case for fringe players - we really are building some depth. I guess this is a hidden benefit of 2009's injuries.

I'm excited to see Palmer named in the squad. It's been a long wait !

In general, I agree that it's better to bring in him against Richmond, but who knows !

Just think Roberton will travel but probably not play. Takes him through the travel routine, he gets to see his folks and I suspect that he is an alternative backup if Tarrant doesn't come up.

Tarrant was rated 70/30 by Harves this morning on 6PR so not absolutely certain and they may want an alternative to Dodd if he doesn't come up. Pearce in for Suban is a monty.

Palmer being named is the most surprising, if he flys out even more so.

I wonder if this might be a game where we see McPharlin or Tarrant pinch hit in the forward for brief spells just to mix it up - particularly when Johnson is in the ruck and Sandi needs a rest on the bench.

I think the Palmer selection is more for StKilda's sake to keep them guessing a bit maybe and I think he will return next weekend, so long as he gets through his wafl game this weekend.

I think as StKilda will be short on Big forwards if Tarrant is not 100% he shouldnt be risked and Roberton should be given a go. He provides better rebound and can play up the ground aswell (superior to Dodd skills wise).
I think Pearce will probably be given Suban's spot and I hope he can take his opportunity.

Sos should be playing you would think as he has been brilliant so far imo and Crowley will be needed to negate Dal Santo/Hayes. De Boer could be the one who misses out depending on whether he will get a tagging role or they want him to play as a defensive forward so out of him and Robbo for the last spot if Taz plays.

Therefore I think Palmer and Dodd wll both be out but not sure if Roberton/DeBoer/Tarrant (Doesnt come up) will be the other to miss.

Nice summary Sigwald. Logical. :thumbsu:

+1:thumbsu:

Good team management bringing along Fyfe last time and Roberton now, not only does it help familiarise them with the club's travel process (that word again!), but it's also a good reward for their performances in the WAFL.

This last point is important, as it's crucial to maintain the morale of those players who are following instructions and playing great football in the seconds, but who are aren't quite ready to be in the starting 22 (i.e., the sort of players you'd expect GC17 and GWS to target).

P.S. Not happy about there being no backup for my buddy, he's great but no one's indestructible, shouldn't be pushing our luck imo.

De Boer could be the one who misses out depending on whether he will get a tagging role or they want him to play as a defensive forward so out of him and Robbo for the last spot if Taz plays.

Therefore I think Palmer and Dodd wll both be out but not sure if Roberton/DeBoer/Tarrant (Doesnt come up) will be the other to miss.

I would be tempted to bring in Robbo for DeBoer. Taz for Dodd and Pearce for Suban. Like to see what Robbo's got, not that DeBoer did anything wrong last week. Bit of extra height with Roberton could be interesting to the team balance :rolleyes:

Does my boy Clanceeeee have the pace and awareness for the Saints at the Dome? It's a risk bringing him in for his first game this week IMO.

Just think Roberton will travel but probably not play. Takes him through the travel routine, he gets to see his folks and I suspect that he is an alternative backup if Tarrant doesn't come up.

Spot on, take Roberton across as the 23rd man.

If Palmer is 2 games away why name him now?

Probably for the same reason that Tarrant trained well on Monday but didn't break a sweat today.

2ducks_2.JPG

I would be tempted to bring in Robbo for DeBoer. Taz for Dodd and Pearce for Suban. Like to see what Robbo's got, not that DeBoer did anything wrong last week. Bit of extra height with Roberton could be interesting to the team balance :rolleyes:

I wouldn't have a problem with that, but the fact that deBoer came straight in after a month out through injury without playing in the WAFL suggests that he's highly rated and won't be dropped.

This team yells it loud and clear where the last of the Dumb-Arses sit in the pecking order... No Schammer, no Kep, Dodd probably dropped. Yay!
Its a beautiful thing IP, injuries permitting, hopefully we'll never have more than one dumbarse in the team at a time.

was deboer upgraded off the rookie list last week , and named on the feild straght up meaning we new he would play???? if so find it a bit strange that pearce is still on the extended bench, i'm thinking that they are really torn about what mixup they want ,

also bit disapointed in the negative comments from some in here bout certain players - shammer , dodd etc , i understand these boys have previously shown poor skill and dicision making but they are still dockers and still try there guts out , i mean its not connolly playing them infront of these kids , they're actually playing the kids , and don't you think that there's some possibility that they can show improvement , you always look better in winning teams even scotty thornton looked good in 06, even if they are shite and they're delisted at end of year must they be bagged??????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like most I doubt Palmer will come in against the tackling kings. Why are people saying Tarrant replaces Suban? Dodd only came in to cover Tarrant, so that's a straight swap, and then another mid for Suban.

I have seen a bit of a trend with selection in the past year of so...

When possible and justified they name a Melbourne recruit .Dylan Roberton in this case..and probably take him as a traveling emergency... for a free trip home.. hopefully it pays off in keeping the Vic players...:spade:

They elevated Clancee , so he will play...goal time:D and tackles..:thumbsu:

Its getting the ball down there. Thats where Sandi and Barlow come into their own.. The Saints defence just smother the ball.

But its not a scary forward line without Kosi and Vhitey.

I think we will opt for experience this week and give Dodd a chance to perform in his
100th match, with Silvagni, DeBoer and Crowley. Roberton to travel as 23rd man. If Pearce keeps performing at WAFL level, he'll break into the 22 soon.

Interesting to see Pearce and Palmer named for their wafl clubs so it could be out of Dodd and Roberton for that last spot on the bench. Dodd would probably gt the nod on experence although I pesonally would like to see Robbo given a chance.

maybe a move by Harves to create the impression they aren't coming in? He can be sneaky (well he learnt from Sheed's! ). It will make it very confusing for the Saints to try and precalculate some matchups.

Jeesh our list looks versatile, we can stack the back line, the forward line or the midfield with a lot of talent. I think Palmer might be ready, he's had a few decent performances in the wafl, would not be surprised if he comes in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Round 4 Vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back