Tell me why we shouldn't be expecting to make Top 4 this year

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Fyfe is playing within his limitations to make this a reality. Huge contribution that you know the Brayshaws and Serongs of the world recognise, appreciate and thrive from.

I am not yet convinced but - Brisbane aside - this is one of those years where there is no genuine stand-out and I am ready to be convinced. Very ****ing eager to be convinced actually.

something like 17 of the last 18 premiers were in the top 3 for stats in points differential from turnover.

we are currently 4th over the season

1722321373819.png

and for the past 5 games:

1722321619542.png

in summary, we are right up to our neck in it. And the Eagles really do suck

Attachments

• 1722321314849.png
    1722321314849.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

If we’re serious we would of beaten a side thats been pumped by the average of 5 goals the last 4 weeks we’ll do well to make the eight from here.
I mean it happens. Swans have lost 5 from 6. Lions lost 5 from first 7. Carlton are crashing. Lots of not serious footy sides.

What's damning is we are in positions to win and just stop.

Doubtful we'll lose 4 on the trot to end up out of the finals. Possible, sure, but unlikely. Think we'll beat Geelong to get our hopes up, lose to GWS to be in despair and then beat Port. Where that places us is now somewhat out of our hands.

This week was horror results for the top 4. GWS and Cats scrape in by under a kick and we lose by 1. Flip those results and we near locked into top 4.

We'll win next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 4 sides, 25points up in last qrt of game don’t lose. We may have given up any chance at top 4 today and it is between the ears with our mids
That 5 goal run should never have happened if we were serious contenders

If we win next 3 we will be top 4, but going to be tough and our mids need to switch on

Top 4 sides, 25points up in last qrt of game don’t lose. We may have given up any chance at top 4 today and it is between the ears with our mids
That 5 goal run should never have happened if we were serious contenders

If we win next 3 we will be top 4, but going to be tough and our mids need to switch on
May not make finals.
How do we grade the season then ?

Natural regression rather than progression since 2022.

Our footy just isn’t quite as good as the best at the moment, and mentally we are better but not quite there.

I don’t think we are a flag threat, and I am certain the players got ahead of themselves based on some of what they have been saying.

But major progress made this year, just need to tinker with a few things.

Our footy just isn’t quite as good as the best at the moment, and mentally we are better but not quite there.

I don’t think we are a flag threat, and I am certain the players got ahead of themselves based on some of what they have been saying.

But major progress made this year, just need to tinker with a few things.
I agree we're not a flag threat, but I don't agree with your first sentence. Our football is clearly good enough as evidenced by only two games (and really the Cam game doesn't count) vs top 12 teams where we didn't win or lead in Q4.

Our issues is very obviously closing out games when we're ahead and close games. That's experience/mental.

Hawthorn losing has at least made top 8 a bit more solid.

They pay the Blooz this week. If they lose great. If they win the Blooz are in real danger.

We’ve shown we don’t really play badly for many games in a row.
I think we can win 2 of our last three. Might still be good enough for top 4.

Just about every game this week is critical. If we win and things go our way, Collingwood, Hawthorn etc could be finished, we could leapfrog GWS again etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Tell me why we shouldn't be expecting to make Top 4 this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back