News TEX - captain no more

How many weeks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

i Think Sloane will be the VC.
Tex loves the club, players and fans love him, he is intimidating, massive public figure and he is passionate! great choice. now lets hope he can do the job infront of the camera and speak well when he has to.
Dangerfield is a great player, great infront of the TV cameras and use of words but word is the playing group arent that fond of him and his attitude and he hasnt commited to the club so there was no way he was getting the captaincy. the captain must love the club and want to be at the club and unfortunatly PD wont be at the club after this year. anybody that thinks hes staying and that he will sign is living in dreamland.
i hope im wrong but i got a horrible feeling and vibe about dangerfield. i will no longer call him Danger.. im starting to lose respect for him and as the year goes on slowely i think the fans will distance themselves from him if he hasnt signed.

A bold and, I believe, ultimately good decision from Walshy. Tex is a key forward and he's young-ish, but I never believed Dangerfield was going to be given the captaincy as a carrot. Actually, I would not have been surprised at all if they'd gone with the safe option and reinstated van Berlo. We love you Tex, congratulations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

only a metter of weeks before you hear dangerfield say "I am putting all contract talks on hold until the end of the season"
Making someone captain will never make them stay.
Its a shame PD cant be more like Travis Boak. he stayed

only a metter of weeks before you hear dangerfield say "I am putting all contract talks on hold until the end of the season"
PD should focus on playing for the team and try cut out some of his selfishness on field.

I think you massively under estimate the esteem in which the playing group hold Nathan van Berlo...

Yeh, a lot of posters have been underrating that for a while. In fact it was often used as the reason that he'd be captain until the end of 2016. It's generational change and it's happening at our club. VB is still in the leadership group and is clearly going to remain a leader at the club both on and off the ground. But it's highly unlikely that he's going to be receiving the VC consolation prize. Some people really struggle with change.

He hasn't left yet. Man up and hold your fire Boak was on the bus to Geelong but it got a flat.

Big decision, bold decision, correct decision.

There isn't a bloke in the squad who loves this footy club more and leads by example. Get excited people, a new era has begun.

Remove this Banner Ad

News TEX - captain no more

Back