News TEX - captain no more

How many weeks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

i Think Sloane will be the VC.
Tex loves the club, players and fans love him, he is intimidating, massive public figure and he is passionate! great choice. now lets hope he can do the job infront of the camera and speak well when he has to.
Dangerfield is a great player, great infront of the TV cameras and use of words but word is the playing group arent that fond of him and his attitude and he hasnt commited to the club so there was no way he was getting the captaincy. the captain must love the club and want to be at the club and unfortunatly PD wont be at the club after this year. anybody that thinks hes staying and that he will sign is living in dreamland.
i hope im wrong but i got a horrible feeling and vibe about dangerfield. i will no longer call him Danger.. im starting to lose respect for him and as the year goes on slowely i think the fans will distance themselves from him if he hasnt signed.
So who is your source that he is definitely going? God your posts are pathetic and repetitive.

Great news for you guys.

Big Tex as captain is brilliant. Not just for your team culture but your brand. I know with Tex on board I'll be wishing you guys every success.

Also, great decision to reward loyalty and hopefully the club unites around him and has immediate success. It happened at Port with Boak so there's no reason it can't happen for you guys. Best of luck

Now that Tex is captain, does that mean Caroline Wilson will have him/the Crows in her crosshairs from now on considering the things Tex has said about her? I know I'm insinuating that Caro has a vengeance streak in her, but after the way she's gone after North Melbourne, I get the feeling that vengeance is definitely part of her make up.

Now that Tex is captain, does that mean Caroline Wilson will have him/the Crows in her crosshairs from now on considering the things Tex has said about her? I know I'm insinuating that Caro has a vengeance streak in her, but after the way she's gone after North Melbourne, I get the feeling that vengeance is definitely part of her make up.

Caro has since done a very complimentary couple if articles on Tex. Did a sit down interview with him where he apologised. Will try and find the links.

EDIT:

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/...-clubs-says-taylor-walker-20140725-zwjah.html

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/taylor-walker-learns-how-to-run-again-20140725-zwvda.html

Last edited:
I think you massively under estimate the esteem in which the playing group hold Nathan van Berlo...
People's issue with vB's captaincy has never been about the esteem in which he is held by the playing group.

Anyway, well done AFC. Proven leader who also has the ability to directly impact and influence games. Solid appointment.

According to the media, both Walsh and Walker are average in the media.

Walsh openly not comfortable in front of the media, but that will come with time.

Tex not "polished" like a VB. Seems to enjoy the spotlight though unlike Walsh.

IMO both great in front of the media.

Walsh just speaks sense and is strong which is impressive. Tex is just tex. The rawness of the 2 gives a no bull feeling the club has lacked and will help remove the machine/spin feel we have had. Fagan/Roo add to this

I had a feeling all summer this would happen and I'm super pumped about it! I feel that everyone at the club just walks taller when he's around. Even just skim reading those rookie diary pieces the club put out, I think all of them at some stage have mentioned Tex and how they seem to be in awe of him and he seems to be the first to reach out and take them under his wing, so to speak. Inspired choice from a club who seem to FINALLY be turning the boat around...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Captain Tex
I love the sound of that.

The club is now being run like a footy club should with winning Football games being the main objective now.
A lot of good appointments giving us the best chance to perform on field.
Congrats Tex.
Everyone is right behind you

Interesting that Phil referred to them having a 'man conversation' with the whole leadership group and Darren Glass about getting his decision out there and them saying their own piece about it. That sort of thing I would normally say it's more about "putting on your big girl panties" ;)

B7RvEurCYAElbgp.jpg:large

Adelaide Crows ‏@Adelaide_FC 9m9 minutes ago
Tex always draws a crowd ... The No.13 will soon be added to the wall of leaders at the back #gocrows

Remove this Banner Ad

News TEX - captain no more

Back