Opinion The #5 in waiting...

Remove this Banner Ad

I suspect that entire family is lost to us.

There's still a few years to mend the relationship... but as a few other posters mentioned, he doesn't seem to be destined to head to the AFL which is a shame... wouldn't mind another Hirdy.

Not to be a killjoy but when people talk about players having earned or not earned a particular number I kind of can't help but think of how some people seemed to turn on Stants overnight when he took the 5 over from Hird.

Yes, certain numbers are storied at clubs for a good reason but in the end...it's just a number. I think some attach too much importance to them.
Spot on..Worth noting also that Hird got hate mail when he took over Number 5 from TD..
Some armchair warrior who thought he knew it all and decided to take the time to tell Hirdy how unworthy he was of such a legendary number..Gee haters are embarrassing..I place my faith in the powers that be...Having said that Sheeds was always a massive fan of trying to put similar looking/style players in the same number..I remember him comparing Lloydy to Vanderhaar when he started..

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion The #5 in waiting...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back