Banter The Adelaide Board Politics/COVID Thread Part 2 (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think that dropping the restrictions intended to prevent formite transmission has caused infection in children?
The disease is airborne, we all know that. School and school activities and no doubt even sports would have lead to the spread.
It went through my nephews footy team like crazy after one person turned up infected to a game.

I think the anger of people is misdirected.
I'm guess they can’t be angry at a virus, which is the real cause of all of this, so they take it out on everyone else.

It is incredible that these idiots in this thread have a brain that stops after one thought. They are completely unable to continue a thought to a logical conclusion.

It is so simple to understand. It boggles the mind.

Amazing coming from you — for two years you clods couldn’t see the logical conclusion of Covid Zero.

How many in here supported no jab no job?

What was the point of that considering it spreads regardless of your vaccination status? No one seems to care anymore, but I bet a lot of you were frothing for it, championing vaccine passports etc.

Another post that refuses to accept that circumstances changed rapidly over the period of 2 years. The way that it is now is not the way that is always was. Can you even accept that?

Whether you agreed with the measure is one thing, but the fact is that vaccination DID reduce the spread for earlier mutations of the virus. It appears that this is not the case for Omicron. Hence measures have now been adjusted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not happy with the stock market spiraling downwards today. We are really in the shadow of what happens in the USA. My super wont look good with this.
Don't worry about it. It's part of the natural cycle where markets crash so the wealthy can buy up assets on the cheap before the recovery.

Keep working hard and it will trickle down.

00c4070c-3cc2-426e-81c9-422280c9d51a_text.gif

Can only go by post history Mad Flog. That’s all we got.

As I said. Show me otherwise. I’ll be gone for a month.

Nice attempt at deflecting from the point Slippery.

1. Use juvenile name-calling again.
2. Tell me to show you something that I never said existed.
3. Talk about my post history, without actually reading it.
4. Ignore my previous post where I explain all of this in SiMpLe TeRmS for an idiot like you.

Your lack of substance is so transparent. You won't even engage on the issues being discussed.

WTF are you talking about.

This.

You said the situation changed from 2020.

So how do you justify this from the “experts“ in 2020?

Hard to top this one!

Must. Trust. The Experts.

as public health advocates, we do not condemn these gatherings as risky for COVID-19 transmission.

aerial-protests-12.jpg

View attachment 1507771

View attachment 1507773

This.

You said the situation changed from 2020.

So how do you justify this from the “experts“ in 2020?
Are you going to post every single event, or incident, or decision, that occurred in the last two years and ask my opinion? What is your point? Do you still think, despite me telling you over and over it is not the case, that I supported every single decision that was made in the world about Covid measures?

I was responding to a post that was talking about vaccine mandates. Keep up.

Another post that refuses to accept that circumstances changed rapidly over the period of 2 years. The way that it is now is not the way that is always was. Can you even accept that?

Whether you agreed with the measure is one thing, but the fact is that vaccination DID reduce the spread for earlier mutations of the virus. It appears that this is not the case for Omicron. Hence measures have now been adjusted.
It’s the whole argument in a nutshell isn’t it?

There’s covid. Make up a daft rule to combat it. Later, daft rule is proven to be daft.

Defend it anyway because “it was right at the time”. Even if it wasn’t.

It’s the whole argument in a nutshell isn’t it?

There’s covid. Make up a daft rule to combat it. Later, daft rule is proven to be daft.

Defend it anyway because “it was right at the time”. Even if it wasn’t.
So, you suggest they should have done nothing, until the virus had been in the community for long enough for the scientists to study it comprehensively?

Surely even an anti-vaxxer like yourself isn't dumb enough to see the logic fail there?

What happened in 2020 was a public health emergency, with a little understood virus that was killing thousands of people overseas. Govts all around the country took steps to ensure the safety of the Australian public, introducing short-term restrictions until the danger had passed. Once the virus was better understood and/or the danger had passed (due largely to vaccination reducing the likelihood of serious illness and/or death), the restrictions were eased.

So, you suggest they should have done nothing, until the virus had been in the community for long enough for the scientists to study it comprehensively?

Surely even an anti-vaxxer like yourself isn't dumb enough to see the logic fail there?

What happened in 2020 was a public health emergency, with a little understood virus that was killing thousands of people overseas. Govts all around the country took steps to ensure the safety of the Australian public, introducing short-term restrictions until the danger had passed. Once the virus was better understood and/or the danger had passed (due largely to vaccination reducing the likelihood of serious illness and/or death), the restrictions were eased.
Why do you presume me to be an anti vaxxer?

Nah, they were eased at other times, during the height of the “public health emergency.”

Like this time.

Wait so you weren't implying that left wing alternate viewpoints to Tucker weren't Fake news?

"A large % of viewers are democrat's sick of the fake news alternatives"

So what then are. you defining as fake news alternatives?

Also out of interest, I'm keen to know whether you consider Tucker Carlson to be an example of fair and accurate news reporting?
CNN,CNBC are fake news. Any news stations that sensor news or don't put it to air. I do like CNN's overseas news. That's what made the station famous at the time. They strayed from balanced reporting on domestic news but their on the ground reports overseas are amazing same as BBC. That's why I think a lot of Democrats and Independents.
Tucker is my equal favourite on Fox. I don't agree with him sometime with his opinion but not often. I like Jesse Watters about as much. I enjoy BBC World news and Sky News. I even look at Al Jazeera for other perspectives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back