Banter The Adelaide Board Politics/COVID Thread Part 2 (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they closed playgrounds for a short while as at that time they believed it was fomite spread and wanted to protect children. Nothing sinister in that.

Give me a break. They had known it wasn’t fomite for a year or more when they were closing playgrounds in the second half of 2021.

Talk about re-writing history, f*ck me.

Surely it would have clauses about the heir to the throne.
It does - in the 2nd clause of the document:
2. Act to extend to the Queen’s successors
The provisions of this Act referring to the Queen shall extend to Her Majesty’s heirs and successors in the
sovereignty of the United Kingdom.
The point I was making is that the term "The Queen" is sprinkled liberally through the document - and it refers not to the recently departed Bessie, but to her Great Grandmother, Victoria.

Ironic from someone who admits to living a full and active life while we're still in a pandemic. You should follow the lead of these poor folk, too frightened to even see their families due to the relentless fear mongering that you've been part of.

I read that article and couldn’t believe those writing it missed the irony.

That poor old bastard is living like that because of them.

Give me a break. They had known it wasn’t fomite for a year or more when they were closing playgrounds in the second half of 2021.

Talk about re-writing history, f*ck me.
Ok here in Adelaide they closed playgrounds in early 2020 in SA around March for a short while exactly for the reason they were concerned about fomite spread. In Melbourne it was when the Delta variant was spreading rapidly and they were concerned, rightly or wrongly, about groups gathering at playgrounds and spreading it to each other.

Do you think they were doing it just to be mean to the little kiddies?Really?

Do you really care about the little kiddies yourself? After all you mock people taking precautions to try to lessen the spread.

You seem often to be on your hobby horse, confused and angry for the wrong reasons.

I suggest that if you were running the country during the pandemic we would have had tens of thousands more dead, but perhaps that would not have bothered you too much as long as your personal freedoms were intact.

It’s because you just don’t understand the reason for it, mate.

Mad Flog Metro can explain it to you, like you’re five.
My other favourite was the Queensland special: can't dance with your daughter on her wedding day, but later in the evening can go to a licensed brothel and participate in group sex.

Ok here in Adelaide they closed playgrounds in early 2020 in SA around March for a short while exactly for the reason they were concerned about fomite spread. In Melbourne it was when the Delta variant was spreading rapidly and they were concerned, rightly or wrongly, about groups gathering at playgrounds and spreading it to each other.

Do you think they were doing it just to be mean to the little kiddies?Really?

Do you really care about the little kiddies yourself? After all you mock people taking precautions to try to lessen the spread.

You seem often to be on your hobby horse, confused and angry for the wrong reasons.

I suggest that if you were running the country during the pandemic we would have had tens of thousands more dead, but perhaps that would not have bothered you too much as long as your personal freedoms were intact.
If you need a good guide on how these people think, check out of the Hermain Cain award.

It awards Americans who have the same self centred , poorly informed , anti intellectual views, go from having these same views, to being ventilated, to the go fund me page for medical expenses or funeral.

Unfortunately in Australia these guys get all the benefit of having a generally better educated population and better health care system. Edit and a more sane political system

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My other favourite was the Queensland special: can't dance with your daughter on her wedding day, but later in the evening can go to a licensed brothel and participate in group sex.

Hard to top this one!

Must. Trust. The Experts.

as public health advocates, we do not condemn these gatherings as risky for COVID-19 transmission.

aerial-protests-12.jpg

1663127793064.jpeg

1663127900801.jpeg

One more!

Can drink a beer in the pub sitting down, can't drink a beer in the pub standing up.

I'm only guessing, but it would appear that the covid virus can't survive below 1.25m altitude
It was interesting that covid didn’t exist in our gentlemen’s clubs. No masks, no social distancing. Girls couldn’t go topless on stage because covid. They could however sit on you, rub them in your face, rinse and repeat for the rest of the night. So I’m told. I Wonder why?

Lol way to show the world you don't understand how these things work.

I think I can explain it to him, let me have a crack.

-100,000 plus people gathering in one place in cities all across the world in 2020 pre-vaccine: not a risk.

-Standing up to sip a beer in a bar with reduced capacity in early 2022 at 90% vaccination: RISK

That was what the experts said, and I for one and am sticking to it.

One more!

Can drink a beer in the pub sitting down, can't drink a beer in the pub standing up.

I'm only guessing, but it would appear that the covid virus can't survive below 1.25m altitude
As with the playground example (debunked earlier today), there was a solid reason behind it - even if anti-vaxxers are too dumb to understand it.

People who are standing are more mobile, walking around, increasing their chances of spreading the virus. People who are sitting don't move as much, and thus don't spread the virus as much.

Most (not all) of the restrictions had solid reasons behind them, even if they weren't intuitively obvious at first glance.

As with the playground example (debunked earlier today), there was a solid reason behind it - even if anti-vaxxers are too dumb to understand it.

People who are standing are more mobile, walking around, increasing their chances of spreading the virus. People who are sitting don't move as much, and thus don't spread the virus as much.

Most (not all) of the restrictions had solid reasons behind them, even if they weren't intuitively obvious at first glance.

It is actually that simple. And it is a numbers game. You can't eliminate it, so you need to put in measures that you think may reduce the spread. It is a compromise from closing places altogether. There was solid reasoning behind it, (even if you didn't agree with it, and think some of the timing of the measures was questionable).

Slippery seems to want to hold on to this idea that the decision was made based on how high a person's head is. He is a lost cause.

Maybe stationary consumption may have been more appropriate than non vertical then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back