The Association Football Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Follows NSW
Doesn't care about Aus.

No wonder I haven't agreed on anything cricket with you haha.

You'd think a team that has won most trophies the last 3 years would have someone to replace the "failed Smith experiment" you lambaste. Or for Marnus, Head or Carey.

Yet they don't.

Follows NSW
Doesn't care about Aus.

No wonder I haven't agreed on anything cricket with you haha.

You'd think a team that has won most trophies the last 3 years would have someone to replace the "failed Smith experiment" you lambaste. Or for Marnus, Head or Carey.

Yet they don't.
Don't follow NSW at all, was born in Victoria but appreciate the superior domestic side that is WA.

Why bother playing for a trophy at all if that's the main objective? Just get rid of finals and we'll just play meaningless games with no special conclusion to the season.

Of course, any time Victoria have won, it's #vicsdoitbetter no?

Don't follow NSW at all, was born in Victoria but appreciate the superior domestic side that is WA.

Why bother playing for a trophy at all if that's the main objective? Just get rid of finals and we'll just play meaningless games with no special conclusion to the season.

Of course, any time Victoria have won, it's #vicsdoitbetter no?
We were lambasted while winning for not converting in Aus cricketers. The apparent aim of domestic competitions.

Time to return serve to this overrated bunch.

By whom? Where did this happen?
You are a Johnny come lately fan around here though so definitely missed it.
There was comments to that effect ITT and there was heaps on the Cricket sub-forum when we were winning.

They're no different, and they are merely the best in a weak shield period where hardly anyone can seemingly bat.

....... And we're back to why CA is keeping its current batting lineup and not replacing players.
No one is banging down the door.
I have genuinely never heard of that, in all my time residing in Melbourne.
tbf that's not as profound as it sounds. You once queried me on GAJ being known as The Little Master and had never heard of that either.

There was comments to that effect ITT and there was heaps on the Cricket sub-forum when we were winning.

They're no different, and they are merely the best in a weak shield period where hardly anyone can seemingly bat.

....... And we're back to why CA is keeping its current batting lineup and not replacing players.

tbf that's not as profound as it sounds. You once queried me on GAJ being known as The Little Master and had never heard of that either.

I would’ve thought a more profound nickname would be unique to him, not hijacking Tendulkar’s.

So the whole of WA cricket can get stuffed because a few people on an internet forum once said the Vics don’t produce enough players for Australia?

That sounds like such an unhealthy and tiring way to live.

Yep. Such a bizarre argument this, trivial stuff. Who gives a shit really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Such a bizarre argument this, trivial stuff. Who gives a s**t really.
What's the primary aim of Box Hill? Is it to win or to foster young talent for future years?

Winning heaps and having 1 player break into the test team and no others even averaging 40. No bowlers close to contention. No standout WK.

Makes them no more successful than SA (Head, Carey). Vic (Murphy, Boland). Qld (Marnus).
Green and a resurgent M.Marsh is it.

More broadly it is a sad state of affairs that 6 states can't produce 1 batsman in the state system averaging 40, outside of those in the test team. That management see Smith as the best option for No.2 and a 2nd allrounder as the best option at 4.

Couldn't give a **** if they're winning if it is leading to sub-par production of state talent.
And FWIW I have been hot on Vics case lately for their under-performance. Throwing away two domestic finals. Fielding 4 bats with a keeper averaging below 30 batting at 6 in woefully unbalanced team. Captain batting 2-3 spots too high.

So the whole of WA cricket can get stuffed because a few people on an internet forum once said the Vics don’t produce enough players for Australia?

That sounds like such an unhealthy and tiring way to live.
By that standard, SA cricket is in a great spot with 2 members of the test side.

If only.

You're embarrassing mate.

I assumed you were talking about someone in the media, you're all upset because some random BF poster wrote that several years ago. Unreal levels of pathetic.

Also, what? Clearly don't waffle as much shit as you do in here but your comment, as usual, makes no sense.

1710454292594.png

You're embarrassing mate.

I assumed you were talking about someone in the media, you're all upset because some random BF poster wrote that several years ago. Unreal levels of pathetic.
Just pointing out the point of state cricket is national players. The team you want overhauled remember.
It was all fair to point that out when the Vic's were winning, admittedly with guys who were past it at national level (Hussey, White, Wade). They've just done the same thing with S Marsh and aren't producing any test players so the waxing lyrical over them is a little unwarranted.

And it's hardly like anyone having a crack at me here can stand on the high moral ground about what's said on a forum. Glen loves finding instances where Arsenal are potted and returning serve. The one about top 4 being a trophy Arse were mocked for and then puts it back on others celebrating the same achievement. Either after the UCL title or league title Soza did a mass quote of guys who'd taken the pi55 out of Henderson over the years.

SA have made a bigger recent contribution to the national teams and they suck most seasons.
Answer me this, who among them looks like a future test player?

Just pointing out the point of state cricket is national players. The team you want overhauled remember.
It was all fair to point that out when the Vic's were winning, admittedly with guys who were past it at national level (Hussey, White, Wade). They've just done the same thing with S Marsh and aren't producing any test players so the waxing lyrical over them is a little unwarranted.

And it's hardly like anyone having a crack at me here can stand on the high moral ground about what's said on a forum. Glen loves finding instances where Arsenal are potted and returning serve. The one about top 4 being a trophy Arse were mocked for and then puts it back on others celebrating the same achievement. Either after the UCL title or league title Soza did a mass quote of guys who'd taken the pi55 out of Henderson over the years.

SA have made a bigger recent contribution to the national teams and they suck most seasons.
Answer me this, who among them looks like a future test player?
We have a fundamental disagreement on this.

Like I said, if that was the point of state cricket, cancel all finals. What's the point, it's just all a dress rehearsal to determine if you can play in the national side.

We have a fundamental disagreement on this.

Like I said, if that was the point of state cricket, cancel all finals. What's the point, it's just all a dress rehearsal to determine if you can play in the national side.
Secondary purpose then.

I don't care too much where our VFL side finishes so long as they're developing listed talent and even advancing career prospects for those not listed.

If they win on top of that. Cherry on top stuff.

I’m not sure results tell us which is the strongest state, for example NSW have an entire bowling attack that very rarely ever gets to play a game for them. But the States 100% should be playing to win. Good Australian players will come from that. And if they don’t that probably suggests a problem earlier in the chain than the state teams.

The WA teams over the last few years have done a great job and it’s amazing to think they do it over all 3 formats. They also have provided the AB medalist, the most talented young player in the country and a quick who looks to be one of the next in line. Throw in a few extra limited overs players and they are pulling their weight on that front too.

Secondary purpose then.

I don't care too much where our VFL side finishes so long as they're developing listed talent and even advancing career prospects for those not listed.

If they win on top of that. Cherry on top stuff.
geelong's vfl side is a literal stand alone reserves side in a semi professional league. the sheffield shield is a professional competition. each states main priority should be to be successful.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Association Football Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back