the baby hawks are hell impressive

Remove this Banner Ad

They're the same thing?

How exactly is a team with multiple players who are playing at an A grade level but need to prove it over a longer period of time equal to a team that is a LONG LONG way from having more A graders?

I would have thought a team with no players playing at an A grade level would be closer to that. And yes, most AFL players are capable of playing at an A grade level... but most of the are not actually playing at that level (unlike the players I mentioned).
Because there's zero guarantee that they are actually capable of playing at A-Grade level for a sustained period of time.

There's every possibility that they'll fall of the cliff, so to speak.

So as a I said, they're a long, long way off being able to state as fact that they have a bunch of A-Graders.

That's naive.

It happens every season.

Teams look to the ladder leaders to prepare and improve. The mindset of 'we'll need to get through them to win it's is not limited to the AFL. It happens in every sport.
The league leaders in all sports have a target on their backs, and teams are trying to work them out.

I mean, of course they do forward scouting every week on all teams, but the term 'we prefer to play our way' is what happens against the lower teams.

Almost every year someone slips under the guard. Sometimes a team comes flying out of the gates and catches everyone off guard. Wins a bunch of games early then gets the staggers once the opposition coaches out a target on their backs and take them seriously.

Other times a team starts slowly then comes with a rush. In some cases they get worked out just in time once the comp realises they're legit. Other times, like with the Bulldogs, and Collingwood, it's too late. By the time the opposition puts work into them, it's too late. The flag gets pinched.

I have zero doubt that the top 8 teams have been putting all their efforts into working out how the hell to dismantle Sydney. And teams like Hawthorn would have been nothing more than an afterthought in terms of being taken seriously as a threat.

That's clearly changed.

Hawthorn will get worked out. It's inevitable. Thats not even up for discussion.

The question is whether it will happen in time, or can they maintain the momentum and pinch it whilst everyone has been looking at Collingwood and Sydney?

What is for sure though, is that they're no longer under the radar.
You are living in a fantasy.

Each AFL club has multiple sessions each week on planning and oppo analysis for their upcoming games.

It’s quite literally why our set kick ins that were so prevalent a month ago are now being closed down time and time again. Same with our centre square set plays.

To suggest that AFL clubs would neglect to review or analyse a side that’s won 10 of its last 13 games, and just roll up without much thought on why they had that formline or how they need to stop them is borderline ludicrous and would be seriously negligent.

You are living in a fantasy.

Each AFL club has multiple sessions each week on planning and oppo analysis for their upcoming games.

It’s quite literally why our set kick ins that were so prevalent a month ago are now being closed down time and time again. Same with our centre square set plays.

To suggest that AFL clubs would neglect to review or analyse a side that’s won 10 of its last 13 games, and just roll up without much thought on why they had that formline or how they need to stop them is borderline ludicrous and would be seriously negligent.
They didn't start 10-3.

They didn't start 10-3.
So what?

Are you that foolish that you think any elite sporting club in such a cut throat industry sat back and said “not much to plan for this week boys, take the week off, we’ll just play our way and look ahead to when we play Sydney”.

It’s truly idiotic, and footy depts would simply be shown the door by their administration if they did so.

Because there's zero guarantee that they are actually capable of playing at A-Grade level for a sustained period of time.

There's every possibility that they'll fall of the cliff, so to speak.

So as a I said, they're a long, long way off being able to state as fact that they have a bunch of A-Graders.
I'm sorry but you're twisting yourself into knots trying to argue a point which doesn't make sense.

There's certainly a possibility the players who are currently playing at an A grade level don't maintain it. But there's every chance they can maintain it, and then they would become A graders by your definition. The fact we have a fair few in that position means that it's probably unlikely that we're a LONG LONG way away from have more than Sicily.

I'm sorry but you're twisting yourself into knots trying to argue a point which doesn't make sense.

There's certainly a possibility the players who are currently playing at an A grade level don't maintain it. But there's every chance they can maintain it, and then they would become A graders by your definition. The fact we have a fair few in that position means that it's probably unlikely that we're a LONG LONG way away from have more than Sicily.
I'm not in knots at all.

You just disagree with me. And that's fine.

I'm not backpedaling at all.

I made a comment, and shared an opinion. I haven't read anything on here yet to make me change that view.

What you're stating, is not what I said.
Sure, if you just ignore what you wrote.

You quite literally posted that Clubs wouldn’t be planning for Hawthorn until now, choosing to focus on other clubs, that they’d now be looked at and worked out.

Sure, if you just ignore what you wrote.

You quite literally posted that Clubs wouldn’t be planning for Hawthorn until now, choosing to focus on other clubs, that they’d now be looked at and worked out.
No. I was clear that there would be forward scouting.

Now however, meaning in the recent weeks, they will clearly be putting in work on how to beat Hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hilarious …….. Sam is one of the smartest footballers ever to play the game and as a coach wouldn’t expect to come up with a plan B or C up his sleeve/ready for when sides plan for the Hawks? Bit of an insult to Sam’s intelligence I say.

One thing for sure Sam loves versatility in his playing group and I reckon he will make some opposition coaches look like crazy John by the final siren.

No. I was clear that there would be forward scouting.

Now however, meaning in the recent weeks, they will clearly be putting in work on how to beat Hawthorn.
Because they wouldn’t have prior to now? 😂

Are you reading this stuff back before you post it?

But I enjoy the culture that Mitchell is building. I am of a similar age to Mitchell and do not understand alot of the gestures/bonding stuff the players do on TikTok but I suppose its the modern version of a few beers after the game.

As long as Gunners and Punky are still pissing on the young blokes feet in the showers after the game then the culture is healthy across the entire squad.

Remove this Banner Ad

the baby hawks are hell impressive

Remove this Banner Ad

Back