the BIG FOOTY list of divers

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm excluding saints players because of obvious bias but slot them in where you will.

1. Divedak
2. Brad Johnson
3. Steve Johnson
4. Medhurst
5. Mark Williams
6. C Cornes
7. K Cornes
8. Dale Thomas
9. Chapman
10. G.Ablett

In fairness to Ablett and Brad Johnson the do get a lot of unwanted attention that goes unnoticed, similar to Riewoldt so I don't really begrudge them the odd dive.

Do people actually watch Dale Thomas, or do they just see long, blonde hair and instantly make a raft of assumptions.

There are a couple of divers at Collingwood, including probably the worst one in the league, but Dale Thomas isn't one of them. I've never seen him dive and I watch Collingwood every week.

Do people actually watch Dale Thomas, or do they just see long, blonde hair and instantly make a raft of assumptions.

There are a couple of divers at Collingwood, including probably the worst one in the league, but Dale Thomas isn't one of them. I've never seen him dive and I watch Collingwood every week.

For all the s*** Daisy cops from idiots on this site, he is actually having a pretty good year so far and is a lot harder than most people think.

And no I have never seen him dive

I'm excluding saints players because of obvious bias but slot them in where you will.

1. Divedak
2. Brad Johnson
3. Steve Johnson
4. Medhurst
5. Mark Williams
6. C Cornes
7. K Cornes
8. Dale Thomas
9. Chapman
10. G.Ablett

As much as I hate that overrated arrogant little girl Dale Thomas, I wouldnt call him a diver..

Add these to the list..

Angus Wantfrees
Lance Franklin
Tip Rat Milne

To those that have Chapman and Selwood on their list you have no idea....
They never dive. They may get frees for shrugging under tackles but that aint diving... THEY HAVE THE BALL! They arent diving out of the play for a free kick. Stupid to bundle these guys with the divers.

As much as I hate that overrated arrogant little girl Dale Thomas, I wouldnt call him a diver..

Add these to the list..

Angus Wantfrees
Lance Franklin
Tip Rat Milne

To those that have Chapman and Selwood on their list you have no idea....
They never dive. They may get frees for shrugging under tackles but that aint diving... THEY HAVE THE BALL! They arent diving out of the play for a free kick. Stupid to bundle these guys with the divers.

Lol :thumbsu:

If you had any less of clue it wouldn't be funny anymore

1. Divedak
2. Brad Johnson
3. Steve Johnson
4. Medhurst
5. Mark Williams
6. C Cornes
7. K Cornes
8. Dale Thomas
9. Chapman
10. G.Ablett

In fairness to Ablett and Brad Johnson the do get a lot of unwanted attention that goes unnoticed, similar to Riewoldt so I don't really begrudge them the odd dive.
Ablett may have a sook when he doesn't get a free, but when has he ever dived? Same with Chapman and Selwood, they just duck the head to slip off the tackle, they never embellish contact (Chappy used to but nowadays he just uses his core strength and his small stature to get rid of a tackle and plays on). Our only diver is Johnson, and even he looks to have smartened up lately.

1. Stephen Milne
2. Stephen Milne
3. Stephen Milne
4. Stephen Milne
5. Stephen Milne
6. Stephen Milne
7. Stephen Milne
8. Stephen Milne
9. Stephen Milne
10. Stephen Milne
11. Stephen Milne
12. Stephen Milne
13. Stephen Milne
14. Stephen Milne
15. Stephen Milne
16. Stephen Milne
17. Stephen Milne
18. Stephen Milne
19. Stephen Milne
20. Stephen Milne
21. Stephen Milne
22. Stephen Milne
23. Stephen Milne
24. Stephen Milne
25. Stephen Milne
26. Stephen Milne
27. Stephen Milne
28. Stephen Milne
29. Stephen Milne
30. Stephen Milne
31. Stephen Milne
32. Stephen Milne
33. Stephen Milne
34. Stephen Milne
35. Stephen Milne

1. Divedak
2. Brad Johnson
3. Steve Johnson
4. Medhurst
5. Mark Williams
6. C Cornes
7. K Cornes

8. Dale Thomas
9. Chapman
10. G.Ablett

Kane no doubt 'makes the most of contact' on a fairly regular basis, but Chad is no diver. I've never even heard anyone suggest it before that post.

1. Divedak
2. Brad Johnson
3. Steve Johnson
4. Medhurst
5. Mark Williams
6. C Cornes
7. K Cornes
8. Dale Thomas
9. Chapman
10. G.Ablett

Ablett has never been a 'diver', has been accused of getting treated well by umpires... you lot are taking every chance you get obviously.

... and Chapman?? Your bias obviously spreads past your own team into the bloke who took the Premiership from your grasp. Like Selwood, role their shoulders when tackled sometimes as a way to evade the tackler. How is this diving?.. you have no clue mate. Diving is staging for free kicks... faking contact.

From what I've seen:
Milne
Schneider
B.Johnson
S.Johnson
K.Cornes
A.Didak
...on the fringe(N.Reiwoldt). Was that elbow from Hansen that bad?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The MRP must have thought Chad was staging when Milburn broke his nose.

"Fair and reasonable contact"....?????????
:(

Head contact wasn't intentional, as it was clash of heads... Milburn could have just as easily have gone down also if hit in the right spot. It was a great hip and shoulder. I'd be keeping quite if I was you... what Osbourne did to Selwood for 1 week off was insane! Intentional elbow to the head, which almost knocked him out??? 1 week? WTF??

The greatest Diver of all showed an unparalleled commitment to the task, over a long period - Stuart. He was so determined to go to ground, they had to dig him out.

whoever put chapman and hodge on their lists; wtf?.
couldnt pick two harder players in the comp. maybe lewis. breaks his head and is back the next quarter. :eek:

ive only seen one real dive this season. milne's knee collapse to milk a 50 was both obvious and not rewarded.
stupid rule to publish. it should have been quietly passed to the umps dept and let alone.

whoever put chapman and hodge on their lists; wtf?.
couldnt pick two harder players in the comp. maybe lewis. breaks his head and is back the next quarter. :eek:

ive only seen one real dive this season. milne's knee collapse to milk a 50 was both obvious and not rewarded.
stupid rule to publish. it should have been quietly passed to the umps dept and let alone.
Be careful, you don't want Max to stir:

Max_Rooke_%28350_x_402%29.jpg

Schneider is the worst by a mile , his collapse to the ground in the GF after taking a mark was a disgrace and one of his teamates in Goddard wasn't bad at it against Freo, but played well to back it up.

I think I know what you're talking about. The one where he fell back and copped a knock on the head? Gonna sound bias but whatevs, I think he copped the knock, milked it, but then fell back to try and actually take the mark. He got pretty close since he would have lost where the ball was.

I won't defend Milney and Schneids though. But Milney was r*ped on the weekend, had his jumper held quite a lot when he was running for the ball. Do that to Ablett, Judd, Dal...free kick in an instant.

Obviously I'm a little biased..

But Steve Johnson's diving and consequent buck toothed confused look shits me every time..

I certainly wouldn't have Franklin there

Franklin is a shocker, just as bad as Didak but a slightly better actor.

You could break this topic into 3 sections in increasing order of disgracefullness:

1. Players who create situations where the opponent is more likely to infringe. Just footy smarts really.
2. Players receiving a little hold or touch in the back who "make the most of it". Generally forgiveable coz in many cases they are players who get scragged all day, so if they make the umpire see one - swings and roundabouts. But it shit's you when the opposition gets one.
3. Players who go down like they've been shot as a result of minimal or no contact. Far and away the worst type of dive coz they aren't just trying to milk free kicks, they're milking reports.

Category three includes Didak AND Franklin. See the AFL video explaing diving

http://www.fiveaa.com.au/Video_AFL-Rules-2010-Staging-for-free-Kicks_98830

and there at 11 seconds is good old number 23. By no stretch of the imagination an isolated incident.

I think I know what you're talking about. The one where he fell back and copped a knock on the head? Gonna sound bias but whatevs, I think he copped the knock, milked it, but then fell back to try and actually take the mark. He got pretty close since he would have lost where the ball was.

I won't defend Milney and Schneids though. But Milney was r*ped on the weekend, had his jumper held quite a lot when he was running for the ball. Do that to Ablett, Judd, Dal...free kick in an instant.

Must.... bite.... tongue....

Remove this Banner Ad

the BIG FOOTY list of divers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back