Discussion The Blockbuster: Round 12 vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Peake is in the protected zone behind the umpire. He shouldn't bother - it'll cost him $300.

On this point, the AFL had a problem with umpires and players colliding and suspended Todd Curley for four weeks.

The NFL had a similar problem with one of their officials, coincidentally called the "umpire". They moved where the umpire stood.

That umpire #29 is shocking. Pretty much every howler was at his hand. Don't want to see him again for a while.

Looks like Peakey tried to do the right thing.

I have nothing against Tasmanians or accountants, but I hate Tasmanian accountants (Scott Jeffery is one of these).

Karma's post.......

Understand your point brother and this is about everyone sharing opinions. I get very angry that Raph is scrutinised so heavily. Other players make worse mistakes and nothing is said. He's earnt his place in the team via two BOG's at Sandy. He's no superstar and never will be, but he can perform a role in our team.
Two more observations from me.

First, even when Raph has a middling game, he still gets an extraordinary amount of commentary, both good and bad.

Second, I reckon this game was a lot better than it's been reviewed. I listened live and then watched the replay. From the commentary I was expecting a really lacklustre game, but the endeavour from both sides after quarter time was exceptional. Yes, there were a lot of simple skill errors, but a lot of them also came from the pressure being applied. Keep in mind that, even at our peak, games between the Saints and Dogs were snoozefests. Remember that game in about round 4 last year? I'd Keep the Fisher go-ahead goal, ditch the rest.

I reckon we will be a massive handful for the Cats this week. We always match up well against them.

Agree with this Fez man. I thought our work without the ball was 8/10. Unfortunately we weren't sharp with the ball which was 3/10 at best. Despite the closeness of the game, I never really thought we'd lose. Sounds stupid I know, but I just felt we were always in control.

I also believe we can give the Cats a real run this week. However a tall forward must be included to make Scarlett accountable. The loss of Selwood is a huge one and equalises with our lack of Lenny. I just hope Joey is ready to play. He looked in good spirits at training today.

Agree with this Fez man. I thought our work without the ball was 8/10. Unfortunately we weren't sharp with the ball which was 3/10 at best. Despite the closeness of the game, I never really thought we'd lose. Sounds stupid I know, but I just felt we were always in control.

I think we've just found his avatar, then:

FezLGFR.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion The Blockbuster: Round 12 vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back