The CFMEU vs the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Taking demands from CFMEU..
Fat, underworked overpaid morons. How UnAustralian. Rich of them to say it’s against non hard workers when the majority of them are at the pub every afternoon.
Most people on union sites are on ABN they don't get union wages, example plasters tilers cabinet makers carpet layers, pretty much the finishing trades and under worked we wish.

Who cares? Lol. What's wrong with a business representing employers? There are over 700,000 businesses in Victoria, over 90 percent of them small, should they not have anyone they can go to? I stated previously I don't rate employsure, employers should just use their industry association if they need help, but I don't get the hang up. The afl advertise gambling companies everywhere, fast food etc, but aren't allowed to advertise a business that offers services to business owners? It's a very strange take to say the least.
A business that pretends to be someone else to data harvest are illegitimate scammers in my book and deserve to be the target of hacking and ransomware attack

Most people on union sites are on ABN they don't get union wages, example plasters tilers cabinet makers carpet layers, pretty much the finishing trades and under worked we wish.

Don’t bother, you can spot them a mile off, get their views from the Herald Sun.

“At the pub every afternoon!!” Lord give me strength 🙄

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s true in the second half of every big job. The first half structure, is very tightly held by the union, civil, formwork, labourers, traffic, steel fixing, rigging, plumbers and sparkies.
All the trades you mentioned, and chippies too, that come in the second half get screwed over.

That's not true necessarily.

Unfortunately like most things, the fundamentals behind something are absolutely a good thing - but they can and often do get railroaded by bad people and vested interests.

This has obviously happened to some unions in various circumstances over the years.

However this should never, ever be a catalyst for an ideological anti-union sentiment.

It's like saying we shouldn't have police because a small minority of them are pricks, or we don't need government because most of them are self-servicing crooks.

Corporate greed has ruined the world relatively speaking. If only politicians stood up to it like the unions have over the years.
👍👍

Noticing a few cfmeu ads on sen (could this be payoff to setka to stfu and we give you some free positive advertising)
The CFMEU have paid for ads aired on 3AW Liberal Party Radio from time to time for the last couple of years.

It's no surprise as 3AW has dominated the Radio Ratings on the AM dial in Melbourne for years.

I have always preferred listening to the Concrete Gang show aired on 3CR 855AM Sunday mornings before tuning into Chompers and his Old School Tie Gang Footy show on Channel 9 at 10am.

Last edited:
The CFMEU have paid for ads aired on 3AW Liberal Party Radio from time to time for the last couple of years.

It's no surprise as 3AW has dominated the Radio Ratings on the AM dial in Melbourne for years.

I have always preferred listening to the Concrete Gang show aired on 3CR 855AM Sunday mornings before tuning into Chompers and his Old School Tie Gang Footy show on Channel 9 at 10am.

Unfortunately for the likes of 3AW (Nine), dominating the ratings (which they do) ain’t what it was 30 years ago - because a grand total of about 13 people in Melbourne listen to radio - and maybe 2 of them are under 55yo.

Part of the reason the media business is in the toilet (where some may say it belongs).

Unfortunately for the likes of 3AW (Nine), dominating the ratings (which they do) ain’t what it was 30 years ago - because a grand total of about 13 people in Melbourne listen to radio - and maybe 2 of them are under 55yo.

Part of the reason the media business is in the toilet (where some may say it belongs).
Good point.

That's why gambling billionaires like the Done Brothers (owners of Employsure) can afford to pay for advertising on AFL fences behind the goals live on Television during the game, as well as take on the Federal Government (with it's almost unlimited amount of taxpayer supplied litigation funding) in the Federal Court for years.

As George Carlin would put it....."It's a BIG Club and you ain't in it."

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back