Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like Saints fans bickering and calling each other out. Make your point reasonably and others should respect that. I tune out frankly when I see it going on. I just skim read. Years on SS trained me! So I have no clue and no interest in who and what is being bickered over. Old P66 nearly sucked me in a couple of times to his Vortex back in the day, but for my own sanity I'm glad I backed off.

Just interested in discussing Saints issues, and don't mind passion. But have never liked our own getting bagged in an over the top way. Whether it be Club, Players, Coaches or other fans. Fair criticism is right. Offer solutions. Ask questions in a reasonable way.

Want the club to improve and to enjoy our football. That is it....

No I'm not copping that. I was very civil I skipped over one question and your response is I failed basic English.

I'm sorry but this shit has to stop on here. The abuse is completely un******* unwarranted. This place is going to be completely ****** if every part of the conversation on here is going to be trying to rip shreds off other posters. If you're going to continue with that tone and approach then you can simply **** right off. I'm sorry fly but I'm not going to cop it.

So it was the English comment which set you off, good to know, had me goddamn confused.

If you recall the original quote of yours I responded to, you stated that the Saints plans "had gaping ******holes in it", which indicates that you know of said plans. When given an opportunity to provide this information you instead deflected to provide absolutely nothing.

If you took offense at failing to read and or understand my entire post reply, then I apologise to you since it is obviously not my intention to belittle your personage, by the obvious rebuttal in stating that should "gaping **** holes" exist that would trend to unfair dismissal, and the only tone to convey is that as the second post to you added, it is often respectful to answer a question before asking answers of others.

Then you might get a quip that you failed to read words, as it appears factual.

But the answer to your question no. And by the way your response isn't close at all to what the club has planned. They genuinely think richo is a great coach and just needs 3 players plus 3 assistants to make finals. If he doesn't well he's gone. The problem is by their own admission they won't get all those players and the things they need to fix will take longer than an off-season to fix. They will eventually go with an unproven coach despite themselves stating the unproven coach is the wrong way to go.

The first review, since Bassat's election as the incoming president he has been non committal on Richo remaining beyond 2019, and if you go back to yesterday on this forum in this thread, you see this;

Re: Sack Richo point, didn't Bassett just come out and say they now realised the Internal Review wasn't thorough/complete enough? It gives them an "OUT" to do another review and sack Richo and possibly Finnis afterwards.. no embarrassment required :)

Finnis & Lethleans comments predate Bassats election as incoming president to be referenced fully, but for that reference with SL in June;
http://www.saints.com.au/news/2018-06-16/saints-to-support-richardson
"At this stage, my decision is that Alan's our coach and he deserves, in my opinion, to be surrounded and supported with the best people to make him the best coach,"

Hardly definitive, "at this stage" is very flux and to "make him the best coach" implies that he's not the best coach, and his last outings have been more list management orientated than coaching orientated for further follow up stance since announcement in any large capacity.

So again, please qualify your position on how you know these people have shifted from flexible language to affirmation of Richo being a great coach, whilst providing example of how you know these things.

It's not a work in progress and hold and see on richo. It's he's the guy. He needs help.. 2018 was just a one off.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/cl...h/news-story/ce6231700e6cae5269ab5ab206d3040b
https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/afl-st...for-2020/e191fe59-240e-41d7-934c-fc16d736fc4e

Public discourse being what it is, and again, I qualified using public documents, it's assumed there is a clause in which the club can engage early termination next year, pending clauses being triggered. And again, you simply need to read the various threads to find public discourse of Richo potentially getting the sack provided that there is someone to replace him that is better. That is the very definition of a work in progress since it is still in flux and still prone to change pending somewhat known variables.

Now you're part about it just being a 12 month delay is completely minimising the situation and not taking into account the effect it will have on the club. From both a list management perspective that will have further reaching consequences and also the immediate financial performance of the club.

Name a sponsor that is dropping off.
Name a concerted effort of members scaling back.
Name an organised rebuttal of club stance by external and/or internal groups.

Put bluntly you can't because it's innuendo, so again, with all involved not refuting public claims of clauses, you have the clause in existence to then cite 12 months or less for said clauses to be activated. For player status you have OOC and contracted players, of which contracted may net us a positive result, it is an unknown quantity to default to "it's bad, kill it" as it's career suicide for players to tank a year of footy.

So you say it's at a minimum 12 months. My argument is it's atleast 24 months now. More than likely 36 months. You look at the list and tell me who's out of their prime by then.

Considering I've stated 12 months, there is no reason for me to go beyond that scope until such time that it is required.

Also, your argument was, and I quote;

How's it thought out? Their plan has gaping ******* holes in it.

Which again, reference for their plans I'm sure everyone would appreciate.

Please view this post as merely an attempt to disclose information to the rest of the forum and not a further dig, insult, tirade or etc direct at you.

So it was the English comment which set you off, good to know, had me goddamn confused.

If you recall the original quote of yours I responded to, you stated that the Saints plans "had gaping ******holes in it", which indicates that you know of said plans. When given an opportunity to provide this information you instead deflected to provide absolutely nothing.

If you took offense at failing to read and or understand my entire post reply, then I apologise to you since it is obviously not my intention to belittle your personage, by the obvious rebuttal in stating that should "gaping **** holes" exist that would trend to unfair dismissal, and the only tone to convey is that as the second post to you added, it is often respectful to answer a question before asking answers of others.

Then you might get a quip that you failed to read words, as it appears factual.

The first review, since Bassat's election as the incoming president he has been non committal on Richo remaining beyond 2019, and if you go back to yesterday on this forum in this thread, you see this;

Finnis & Lethleans comments predate Bassats election as incoming president to be referenced fully, but for that reference with SL in June;
http://www.saints.com.au/news/2018-06-16/saints-to-support-richardson

Hardly definitive, "at this stage" is very flux and to "make him the best coach" implies that he's not the best coach, and his last outings have been more list management orientated than coaching orientated for further follow up stance since announcement in any large capacity.

So again, please qualify your position on how you know these people have shifted from flexible language to affirmation of Richo being a great coach, whilst providing example of how you know these things.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/cl...h/news-story/ce6231700e6cae5269ab5ab206d3040b
https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/afl-st...for-2020/e191fe59-240e-41d7-934c-fc16d736fc4e

Public discourse being what it is, and again, I qualified using public documents, it's assumed there is a clause in which the club can engage early termination next year, pending clauses being triggered. And again, you simply need to read the various threads to find public discourse of Richo potentially getting the sack provided that there is someone to replace him that is better. That is the very definition of a work in progress since it is still in flux and still prone to change pending somewhat known variables.

Name a sponsor that is dropping off.
Name a concerted effort of members scaling back.
Name an organised rebuttal of club stance by external and/or internal groups.

Put bluntly you can't because it's innuendo, so again, with all involved not refuting public claims of clauses, you have the clause in existence to then cite 12 months or less for said clauses to be activated. For player status you have OOC and contracted players, of which contracted may net us a positive result, it is an unknown quantity to default to "it's bad, kill it" as it's career suicide for players to tank a year of footy.

Considering I've stated 12 months, there is no reason for me to go beyond that scope until such time that it is required.

Also, your argument was, and I quote;

Which again, reference for their plans I'm sure everyone would appreciate.

Please view this post as merely an attempt to disclose information to the rest of the forum and not a further dig, insult, tirade or etc direct at you.
I haven't read any of this argument, but goddamn that is some impressive multiquoting.

i was over at the Disco, drifted off to watching metal milling youtube vids (ThisOldTony is a pearler), but I thouroughly agree dwarf best use of the multi-quote I've seen, there should be a BF award for that

This will be a bad summary....but essentially he had been MC'ing a Lunch for one of the Saints main coteries. Said many influential benefactors etc were there and there was talk of of supporter and player unrest, and dissatisfaction with the coach. Said something like there were still people trying to get things changed. Said a couple of times....'I don't like what I'm hearing'. Didn't exactly say what he was hearing.

The main commentators asked him about it, and he was a bit reluctant to talk about it. So no detail really, just the feeling of part of the group there. How much of the room feels that way he didn't say.

This will be a bad summary....but essentially he had been MC'ing a Lunch for one of the Saints main coteries. Said many influential benefactors etc were there and there was talk of of supporter and player unrest, and dissatisfaction with the coach. Said something like there were still people trying to get things changed. Said a couple of times....'I don't like what I'm hearing'. Didn't exactly say what he was hearing.

The main commentators asked him about it, and he was a bit reluctant to talk about it. So no detail really, just the feeling of part of the group there. How much of the room feels that way he didn't say.

So he hears groups of supporters saying they’d like change?
Hardly inside intel..

Just read Robbi’s Comments on Melbourne . Highlights their midfield mainly under 22’s.

Saints never gonna have a young midfield under Richo. Just will not facilitate it encourage it, unless there are drastic changes to his so-called coaching mentality.

If Saints wanna be ruthless . They need to stop scapegoating and Get rid of the source of the problem . Skirting the main problem is not ruthless, it’s weak!

If we wouldve actually hit targets with our disposal we mightve been pushing for the 8

There very sad numbers there PC.....it's still a replay of the 2017 season.

We seem to have a thing for the number 13...….we kicked 13 points 7 times...amazing!

Unlucky 13?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So he hears groups of supporters saying they’d like change?
Hardly inside intel..

These groups of supporters are very influential and it was his feeling that the issue wasn’t sorted just yet. AR could still be sacked, in other words.

He also talked about certain players becoming unhappy with the coaches and potentially wanting out.

Inherited one of the best teams of the century, won a flag and then zero for 7 years. Fraud IMO.
They could not have been beaten more convincingly in the midfield from the very first bounce last night. If you can't even break even with a midfield of Ablett, Dangerfield and Selwood then questions have to be asked about the systems he has in place. And this isn't a one off thing, they only just scraped into the 8.

These groups of supporters are very influential and it was his feeling that the issue wasn’t sorted just yet. AR could still be sacked, in other words.

He also talked about certain players becoming unhappy with the coaches and potentially wanting out.
I had a listen to the Beva "grab" and it was interesting to say the least.

Beva is a level headed,extremely passionate Saints guy.

Hearing his comments has made me just a little concerned.

Up until hearing that I was not that concerned about all the rumours flying around.

Beva does host a lot of Saints functions and he would speak to a whole range of people from the Prez thru to supporters......he would definitely know the "vibe" or the facts.

They could not have been beaten more convincingly in the midfield from the very first bounce last night. If you can't even break even with a midfield of Ablett, Dangerfield and Selwood then questions have to be asked about the systems he has in place. And this isn't a one off thing, they only just scraped into the 8.
2akkzn.jpg

Is Chris Scott a terrible coach too?

Selwood, Danger, Ablett, Duncan, Kelly, Stewart, Henderson, Taylor, Hawkins, Tuohy - 10 elite players getting absolutely belted by the softest bunch of down hill skiers in the comp.
Both the Scott brothers are like Richo.
Have added absolutely nothing to the game in a decade of senior coaching apiece.
They are exactly what we should be trying to avoid, not emulate.

Interesting debate Brad vs Chris.

Ladder wise, have finished similar this year and North don't have the star power of Selwood/Danger/Ablett/Hawkins (plus Kelly, Tuohy,Guthrie, Stewart Henderson etc), nor an incredible home ground advantage (commercially and football).

I think Chris has definitely underachieved with the team and resources he has had at his disposal, whilst Brad has probably done acceptably with his.

I actually expected our build culmination to be similar to North's last bounce, where we had a solid team that could go reasonably far into finals but was ultimately too vanilla to make the next step. Barring an incredible turnaround, Richo's record/performance is much much worse than both of these blokes.

Both probably middle rung coaches, whereas Richo on exposed performance, lower rung. Poor on systems/tactics, development, media. I think he was a stabilising influence early in the rebuild post Watters instability and I thank him for that though.

Geelong have an old guy midfield, Melbourne's is as good but much younger. Geelong's is mostly reputation based.

Clayton Oliver in his second year was averaging about 30 possessions, he's an absolute gun and only going to get better, he would have played about as many games as Lonie. Was 100 times better than Dangerfield.

Brayshaw was always injured and wasn't really able to show his wares but he's taken a huge step this year and looks potential elite. Easily better than Selwood last night and probably be nearly as good if not as good long term.

Alex Neale -Bullen is a class player despite his no name profile, he's as good as Duncan or Guthrie

Viney is a contested bull, the Cats have a guys like Kelly though who are a little more outside.

Tyson around Mitch Duncan level

Harmes looked a gun last night and offers the pace they usually lack.

Jones is still a wily old bull too probably a little below Ablett but not miles.

Geelong has the big name midfield but they aren't miles ahead there, Melbourne probably bit more depth of quality with out the peaks.

Geelong have an old guy midfield, Melbourne's is as good but much younger. Geelong's is mostly reputation based.

Clayton Oliver in his second year was averaging about 30 possessions, he's an absolute gun and only going to get better, he would have played about as many games as Lonie. Was 100 times better than Dangerfield.

Brayshaw was always injured and wasn't really able to show his wares but he's taken a huge step this year and looks potential elite. Easily better than Selwood last night and probably be nearly as good if not as good long term.

Alex Neale -Bullen is a class player despite his no name profile, he's as good as Duncan or Guthrie

Viney is a contested bull, the Cats have a guys like Kelly though who are a little more outside.

Tyson around Mitch Duncan level

Harmes looked a gun last night and offers the pace they usually lack.

Jones is still a wily old bull too probably a little below Ablett but not miles.

Geelong has the big name midfield but they aren't miles ahead there, Melbourne probably bit more depth of quality with out the peaks.
Mitch Duncan had a mare last night but he is a very good player. He is better than Neal-Bullen and Tyson.

If we wouldve actually hit targets with our disposal we mightve been pushing for the 8

Don’t let the truth get in the way of people agenda’s on here!

Completely agree. We lost games where we won the I50 count. That tells me we get a fair bit right, just fail to execute in front of goal and in F50. F50 pressure perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back