Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What scares me is the pressure on the AFL to come up with a Tasmanian team. If that pressure is sustained and we hit rock bottom, how long until the decision is made to shift the Saints to Tasmania?
It’ll kill two birds with one stone. Shift a team that isn’t sustainable, give Tasmania the team they’ve been crying out for for decades.

We’d be shifted before Gold Coast, who are an even bigger rabble than us. Gold Coast is a market they’re determined to win over. Teams based in Melbourne have almost no affinity with the suburbs they’re named after anymore.
jwikked……..have you been taking your gringo pills?

A cracking post, NH. I'm afraid the whole competition is heading for a cliff. We won't see it, but as you mentioned, give it a few decades. It is, after all a provincial competition, specific to a very isolated spot and played by relatively few. Unless we can get the sub continent, China and America involved, even if only to a slight degree, it will drown in its own irrelevance.

The competition for our attention is just too great. I don't remember, even twenty years ago, that kids fanatically followed the NBA, NFL, EPL etc. the way the yoong folk 'o today do. Global communications, streaming and programs on demand have shifted the landscape forever. One year's salary for elite players in those comps are greater than our entire salary cap with our total debt thrown on top. No wonder kids want to chase the dream overseas. Just watch soccer gobble us up by 2050, if not earlier.
That's why they introduced AFLX so that smaller grounds are easier to find overseas.

So but your two examples actually are in support of my argument, and not yours.

Bassat become a Club Director and then progresses to Club President.

SCOMO becomes a backbencher, then Minister, then PM.

Both are examples of a sequential track. Neither were left-field appointments.

Both shitfull Steve Bradbury appointments though?

I
Also known as the dreaded Linton St Vortex Drake.

Many a good career has vanished in that vortex.
Indeed, SW. There is powerful juju in that area. Get out the Google maps and check out the area bound by South Road, Nepean Hwy. and Linton Street. It forms a perfect scalene triangle. The vortex of which you speak is found on the northern eastern border of the triangle.

Many have entered seeking its dark secrets. Some say it is a portal to another dimension, in which a universe of perpetual success awaits. Few have returned. I believe it is this location that is the secret to us turning around our poor historical record. If we can invert the basic rules of physics, rip the space time continuum, allowing quantum particles, which are in a state of flux and not yet differentiated to enter our dimension, we can then manipulate our current environment to reverse all the ills of the past, including losing GFs. It's simple, really.

And sack Richo.

W are a boring team to watch, we have no big names and look a long way away from being successful. It really is dire at the moment. I'm not convinced we are handling it in a systematic way either.
gringo....I'm extremely confident that we will be a good team to watch....just give it some time.....have a scroll thru the list of the youngies.....it's not obvious right now but with good structures put in place(which have been VERY sadly lacking) who knows who'll be our future stars.

It ain't great at the moment...…..but the sky isn't completely falling in.

And I had this thought yesterday...…...what if everything the club is doing at the moment...aside from richo...is correct and it leads to a great outcome.....there's 2 sides to a coin.

No way we fold. Wont happen.

Basset will eliminate debt within his tenure.

Stadium deal.

\New initiatives set to reward us handsomely.

Etc

Watch this space.
Agree Bassett will be good.

What did my post have to do with it though?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gringo....I'm extremely confident that we will be a good team to watch....just give it some time.....have a scroll thru the list of the youngies.....it's not obvious right now but with good structures put in place(which have been VERY sadly lacking) who knows who'll be our future stars.

It ain't great at the moment...…..but the sky isn't completely falling in.

And I had this thought yesterday...…...what if everything the club is doing at the moment...aside from richo...is correct and it leads to a great outcome.....there's 2 sides to a coin.
Yes,just as the great life coachGeorge Costanza said
If all we are doing in wrong and not working then the opposite must be true for success.

Bruce Eva. Radio announcer, pretty sure he's a life member of the club.

Used the present Beva After Dark on SEN back in the day.
Beva absolutely bleeds red white and back.

His knowledge of the club is on par with Russell Holmesby.

And you can take what ever Beva says to the bank!

I reckon he'd have quite a few contacts in the club, he's a Saints tragic and actually a good media bloke as well.
I'm pretty sure that Beva would have more contacts at the club than what we've had hot breakfasts!

Is Chris Scott a terrible coach too?

Selwood, Danger, Ablett, Duncan, Kelly, Stewart, Henderson, Taylor, Hawkins, Tuohy - 10 elite players getting absolutely belted by the softest bunch of down hill skiers in the comp.

Inherited one of the best teams of the century, won a flag and then zero for 7 years. Fraud IMO.

So but your two examples actually are in support of my argument, and not yours.

Bassat become a Club Director and then progresses to Club President.

SCOMO becomes a backbencher, then Minister, then PM.

Both are examples of a sequential track. Neither were left-field appointments.
And Commercial Bank manager has never seen a contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back