Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile the Saints have another wasted year
And us tragics all get a little older!

Everyone around the club understands it's really just a year
seen as writeoff because doubt anyone Finnis included
thinks he will survive past next year!

So don't think the players won't know that either and will
have yet another season where we will not have all forces moving together
again so it's highly doubtful we will be at our best!

Until this playing list gets a fresh vision, gameplan and someone
who might just be able to develop and motivate we at best will just treadwater!

I say screw the media and the critics and all the flak that will come our way
for doing it now but it still beats the hell out of another year lost!

The way this comp has been behaving the last 3 years...This is the era where
if the right pieces and people fall into place anything is possible within pretty much most
teams and we need to get our shit together fast!

Don't subscribe to the theory that we are at least 3 yrs away!
She's a funny game Footy and it's amazing what a fresh scene of togetherness
with a vision can do for any team! Which is why i'm loathe for us to just right off
another year before it even begins with the freckle in charge!

Don't be so sure, you know our luck....Richo will win 15 games straight, we'll give him a 10 year contract and not win another game for 2 years.

Richo is well and truly up against it. What we have effectively done is kept the same driver (Cho) but modified the engine (players), changed most of the pit crew ( line coaches), invested into R & D (development coaches and technology)
No excuses for Richo now. He is driving for his career.

He's pretty ****ed then we must be the youngest list in the comp nearly and still lac some star power and a cohesive list. Best he could hope for is to wobble into the 8 and out in straight sets. Could easily finish last though.

He's pretty ****** then we must be the youngest list in the comp nearly and still lac some star power and a cohesive list. Best he could hope for is to wobble into the 8 and out in straight sets. Could easily finish last though.
Yep. I think he just has to roll the dice and take chances. No playing it safe next year. One thing for sure we're going to find out just how big a set AR has

If we’re 3 & 9 even 4 & 8 with some big loses or drop one against easier opposition he’s in trouble. He has a pretty strict contract this year - as he and the club thought we’d be playing finals. I mean Summers thought we had a top 4 list..

It’ll just be a political stunt. We’ll know by round 8 or there abouts. It’ll be slowly leaked to media he’s under sever pressure and they’ll run with it, forcing the hand and it’ll just be a routine replacement.

Extremely clever move to have Ratts waiting in the wings for a soft takeover if/when necessary.

You Kent's can whinge all you like, Richo is the coach and has the clubs backing.

The facile impotence of those with an agenda was shown for what it was with the hyperbolic beat up of all the players requesting a trade if cho wasn't sacked

Lol

Fecking

Lol.

Hilarious the lack of power the so called insiders on here have.
Remind me who did we loose in the trade period we wanted to keep?
Is Richo the right choice? Personally no, he should be replaced.

But he hasn't been so suck it up you bunch of know nothing sooks and support the coach like you support the team. Maybe it may help the cause.

Isn't that the objective?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Last time I checked we were all allowed to have an opinion on this internet discussion forum.

Maybe I've missed an announcement that the forum rules have changed?
No. Didn't think so!

Last time I checked we were all allowed to have an opinion on this internet discussion forum.

Maybe I've missed an announcement that the forum rules have changed?
No. Didn't think so!

I think the fact is that there are some on here that hope that Richo is gone by Rd 12 next year. Which in turn means that they want us to be shit. They want us to lose.

Just to rid themselves of 1 man.

Dont know about you but **** that mentality right off. Go follow another club.

I want next year to be successful not so Richo doesnt get the sack. But because I want the club to be successful. I honestly dont care who has the job. Because it is just 1 individual.
I want to see improvement. Do I think we can make the 8? Probably not based on the inexperience of the team going into 2019. But stranger things have happened and we have yet to see the fixture.

I think the fact is that there are some on here that hope that Richo is gone by Rd 12 next year. Which in turn means that they want us to be shit. They want us to lose.

I want next year to be successful not so Richo doesnt get the sack. But because I want the club to be successful. I honestly dont care who has the job. Because it is just 1 individual.
I want to see improvement. Do I think we can make the 8? Probably not based on the inexperience of the team going into 2019. But stranger things have happened and we have yet to see the fixture.

Could never wish for the team to lose just to get rid of a coach. I’d rather have Richo for the next five years if we were challenging all the time.

However, I’m still pretty happy that we seem to have hedged our bets having a plan “R” in the coaching box if it becomes necessary.

Far from it! Most of us are saying be rid of the muppet now, so we can set about having a
unified approach to winning games of football and for us to be successful!

This dribble about anti Richo sentiments meaning we want our team to lose and fail to prove a point
is just ignorant and pathetically cliched into the complete myth it is!
Just blind dumbass sheep mentality!

Never knew that us lovers of the club were secretly coveting power Joffa! :laughing:
That fungai has become quite the nasty business it seems! Good luck with all of that!

We will see how the AFL rate us when the fixture comes out.

If we start with 3 or 4 of GC, Carl, Freo & the DOgs then they are hoping we can sort our shit out and get the ball rolling.

If we cop 2 or 3 of WCE, Collingwood, Richmond & Hawthorn (in Tassie) then we are stuffed.

Using the AFL's 6/6/6 fixture guideline (while also being somewhat realistic) Id like to see us get double ups against - Carlton, Bulldogs, Fremantle, GWS & Hawthorn

Start the season with something like - Bulldogs, Fremantle (away), Carlton, Hawthorn (Tassie), GWS

I doubt any one wants to be shit but if we are shit they want to lance the boil quickly. He's been around a long time, Grant Thomas went from last to playing in two prelims in the same time Richo has coached. He was sacked for underperforming and not being very good at paying back loans.

We will see how the AFL rate us when the fixture comes out.

If we start with 3 or 4 of GC, Carl, Freo & the DOgs then they are hoping we can sort our shit out and get the ball rolling.

If we cop 2 or 3 of WCE, Collingwood, Richmond & Hawthorn (in Tassie) then we are stuffed.

Using the AFL's 6/6/6 fixture guideline (while also being somewhat realistic) Id like to see us get double ups against - Carlton, Bulldogs, Fremantle, GWS & Hawthorn

Start the season with something like - Bulldogs, Fremantle (away), Carlton, Hawthorn (Tassie), GWS

We always get the left overs so don't hold your breath.

Depends what your view is be it the short term unsustainable success or the longer term.

If we suck next year. It would have been 3 wasted seasons due to inaction.

If he makes finals next year because of an easy draw we could go backwards again the years after.

Personally I wish we sacked him last year and then we wouldn't have wasted so many off seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let me clarify.

I want nothing but long term success for the club.
I don't believe we have squat chance of this with Richo as head coach so want him out.

I'm for the quickest path to unity and collectively moving forward to a better future.

Richo is well and truly up against it. What we have effectively done is kept the same driver (Cho) but modified the engine (players), changed most of the pit crew ( line coaches), invested into R & D (development coaches and technology)
No excuses for Richo now. He is driving for his career.
Great analogy. Let’s just hope the time and money hasn’t been wrongly invested.

Richo is our Al Pease.

I doubt any one wants to be shit but if we are shit they want to lance the boil quickly. He's been around a long time, Grant Thomas went from last to playing in two prelims in the same time Richo has coached. He was sacked for underperforming and not being very good at paying back loans.
Correct!

And some of us who called for a calm and measured approach and didn't fall into line were ridiculed as being Richo defenders and apologists for the club.

LMAO. The so called exodus never happened.

Just goes to show that you don't make decisions based on rumour and speculation from people with alleged insider knowledge.

Funny as.

Let's see how 2019 plays out.

GT had a 10x better list mate. Poor comparison.

Depends what your view is be it the short term unsustainable success or the longer term.

If he makes finals next year because of an easy draw we could go backwards again the years after.

Personally I wish we sacked him last year and then we wouldn't have wasted so many off seasons.
What if he makes finals as a result of playing good football??

Extremely clever move to have Ratts waiting in the wings for a soft takeover if/when necessary.
Diehard......it will be extremely interesting to see how things pan out next year.

You can't help but wonder if Ratts was chosen with the above in mind.

As Joffaboy said above....Richo is the coach for next year......he's been backed in by the club....and very strongly at that.

Richo as we all know does and says some strange things at times...…..I can't help but feel Lade and Ratts will be in his ear at times......maybe a lot of the time.

Richo knows he's "on notice" and he'd be absolutely crazy not to listen/take on board at times the things those 2 will be telling/suggesting to him.

I can't help but feel that in itself will be a big plus for next season.

Depends on lots of things.

Have a good year next year and belief grows within the group. Belief also grows outside of the club in trying to getting other talent in the door which then filters into the following season.
Belief also allows us to keep a hold of players that might look elsewhere if we were to have a shit year.

Personally I want us to be successful. Not hope we suck for a year and then believe that everything will change for the better after that.

Put the 2 lists together and compare.
1 is nowhere near the other.

There should have been a flag with the group GT had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back