Roast The Chronicles of Alan Richardson - Part II - Richo Resigns (16/07)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finnis has a lot to lose. Coming to St Kilda was only a stepping stone. If he oversaw the contract extension of the head coach & then sacks himself within 11 months of the extension he faces all sorts of professional embarrassment & it wouldn’t be good for his CV when trying to move into AFL House!
Yeah it seems this way. Even still though, I guess I'm surprised he doesn't have more support on the board. I sort of assumed the CEO would have more sway. If this is the case and it's genuinely just Finnis and Summers in the Richo camp then it really is a mess. It would seem inevitable that Richo goes.

Finnis has a lot to lose. Coming to St Kilda was only a stepping stone. If he oversaw the contract extension of the head coach & then sacks himself within 11 months of the extension he faces all sorts of professional embarrassment & it wouldn’t be good for his CV when trying to move into AFL House!

Bingo.

It will be a case of ripping the band-aid off.

It never works having someone sacked and then dropping back in roles. Imagine in the corporate world, a CEO being sacked and dropping back to a GM role. They would spend the whole time knifing the new CEO..

Richo would still have supporters under him who would also see it difficult to support a new coach..

Think it would be a lot easier to get him out completely and try and find him another job at another club.

Like keeping Rudd and Abbott on the back bench, it encourages disfunction.

Finnis has a lot to lose. Coming to St Kilda was only a stepping stone. If he oversaw the contract extension of the head coach & then sacks him within 11 months of the extension he faces all sorts of professional embarrassment & it wouldn’t be good for his CV when trying to move into AFL House!

Or he can be the one responsible for the massive decrease in membership, crowd numbers and sponsorship in 2019.

I've never heard of so many rusted on members questioning whether they'l be a member again next year, all because they've lost faith in the club and those responsible, or who they see as responsible.

I wonder which would look worse on his CV...

I don't know, everyone seems to be getting a general idea or what's going on now, and personally I'd say being able to realise your mistakes and make the tough decisions to rectify them looks a lot better on your CV than your willingness to ruin your club in an attempt to keep your own reputation intact.

9zu1dh.jpg
You made me snorf the apple I was eating!

What's Finnis' reputation going to be like when the Club he works for loses its five most marketable players, all those yummy memberships he's been so proud of suddenly disappear, and the Club basically implodes.

Sacking Retcho may look bad for Willy Wonka, but all that stuff will look a helluvalot worse. Surely he can see that.

What's Finnis' reputation going to be like when the Club he works for loses its five most marketable players, all those yummy memberships he's been so proud of suddenly disappear, and the Club basically implodes.

Sacking Retcho may look bad for Willy Wonka, but all that stuff will look a helluvalot worse. Surely he can see that.
He's probably deluded himself in to thinking Cho can turn it around next year on field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's probably deluded himself in to thinking Cho can turn it around next year on field.
Well, the footy part of the job has never exactly been Willy Wonka's specialty, now has it...

I don't know, everyone seems to be getting a general idea or what's going on now, and personally I'd say being able to realise your mistakes and make the tough decisions to rectify them looks a lot better on your CV than your willingness to ruin your club in an attempt to keep your own reputation intact.
Yup Leadership
I can't understand why the club doesn't make a definitive statement.

Either they're waiting for someone to sign on the dotted line or there is a board deadlock on whether he goes or not

Or he can be the one responsible for the massive decrease in membership, crowd numbers and sponsorship in 2019.

I've never heard of so many rusted on members questioning whether they'l be a member again next year, all because they've lost faith in the club and those responsible, or who they see as responsible.

I wonder which would look worse on his CV...
does anyone know if you are able to pause your membership/reserved seats for a year?

Paying $600odd for 4 seats and attending 4 games again seems like insanity

what is interesting is the parting comments from summers in his last interview combined with the dare podcast with lethlean

lethlean is mates with basset. george said lethlean was not a finnis appointment, but more someone on the board. i wouldnt be surprised in the slightest if lethlean was parachuted in by the board to get a 2nd opinion on what is happening within the club/with a long term look at a hand over.

summers also said he's a hands off president. doesn't get involved in football decisions. more builds the team and lets them do the work. join the dots on that one on the extension. sure summers signed off on it, but he's more put the team in and support them.

Yeah it seems this way. Even still though, I guess I'm surprised he doesn't have more support on the board. I sort of assumed the CEO would have more sway. If this is the case and it's genuinely just Finnis and Summers in the Richo camp then it really is a mess. It would seem inevitable that Richo goes.

What would look even worse on his CV would be his indecision, inability to correct an obvious howler and running the club down because of it. I think he has already damaged his "brand" significantly. Time to be decisive, Matt.

Yup Leadership
I can't understand why the club doesn't make a definitive statement.

Either they're waiting for someone to sign on the dotted line or there is a board deadlock on whether he goes or not

No wonder we are where we are...no leadership on AND off field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back