Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait and see what happens for the remainder of the finals before deciding how you feel. A 7 point loss to Collingwood is not a surprise, the result against Carlton will be a big factor.

One 7 point loss after he extends his deal and you want him sacked? With the C-grade forward line he’s working with?

C’mon Daemon. Goody’s not Ken Hinkley. He coached us to a flag and deserves a bit of slack surely.

I’ll agree with you if we’re in the same position next year. Let’s see what can be done this trade/draft period.

Meanwhile, let’s just ride the puncher’s chance we’ve got left this finals series. Coz that’s all we’ve got now really.

I’m his biggest critic and even I wouldn’t sack him this year, I don’t think anyone is saying that. What is stupid is the extension pre finals, I said at the time it’d look real dumb if we go out in straight sets again and now we are staring down the barrel.

This is the crux of it. We've lost the same way pretty much every time under his tenure.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We have the same pieces mostly. Yeah he can rejig a little, but with Oliver, Viney and Gus we're pretty locked down for s*** kicking mids. And our F50 is bottom 2 quality bad in regards to list. This may be partly his fault, but he can only do so much with what he's got too. Desperately need a couple of mids who can hit targets and forwards who can make s*** happen.

I found in interesting that the Pies beat us with McStay and Hill kicking 5 between them. 2 blokes they deadset targeted strongly and got specifically to do what they did against us. 5 goals in a low scoring game was huge. They knew they needed a contested marking forward and a crumbing forward. We targeted a ruckman who played at Casey back half of the year.

It's not the loss that is concerning, it's how we lost. This rubbish forward connection has been going on for ages and he hasn't fixed it.

Same for me (and the players I'm sure). To still lose (trail for the whole game in fact) despite dominating the inside 50's is demoralising for the players. No reward for effort and it keeps happening - it's what makes players lose faith in the game and why many of us are not confident against Carlton (another team who I think is pretty mentally fragile in all honesty - but they'll have their tails up thinking they have nothing to lose. I worry our players might think they have everything to lose and lack faith in the game plan that continues to fail.

It's not the loss that is concerning, it's how we lost. This rubbish forward connection has been going on for ages and he hasn't fixed it.

Yep, hes still stuck in 2021. Constantly goes back to what has worked in the past when the pressure went on. Im not saying Goody is a bad coach coz hes clearly not, but hes stubborn beyond belief. Great coaches innovate constantly to allow the talent on their list to shine and get better because of their gameplan. We have completely tread water and got by the last two years on talent, not by innovation.

"There's a vibrancy that's really permeating through our building about what's in front of us and the opportunity that sits there"

Crazy Goody is back ladies and gentlemen. He's got the energy crystals out and he's feeling GOOD. It's flag time.

"You'll find out Friday night."

"There's a vibrancy that's really permeating through our building about what's in front of us and the opportunity that sits there"

Crazy Goody is back ladies and gentlemen. He's got the energy crystals out and he's feeling GOOD. It's flag time.

Meh, what's he supposed to say. Our forwardline is void of any lifeform. Our skipper now has a broken foot and Clarry is carrying a knee. None of our mids can hit the side of a barn! Wave the white flag, we're done. This club has always been found out not backing up their words. My guess, our season will be over by halftime. So yes Goody, we will find out on Friday whether this club is full of s*** again or not.

Meh, what's he supposed to say. Our forwardline is void of any lifeform. Our skipper now has a broken foot and Clarry is carrying a knee. None of our mids can hit the side of a barn! Wave the white flag, we're done. This club has always been found out not backing up their words. My guess, our season will be over by halftime. So yes Goody, we will find out on Friday whether this club is full of s*** again or not.
Dat veil

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember in 2013 people on this board suggesting we get a 77 year old Ron Barrassi to come out of retirement and coach us 🤣🤣🤣🤣

We should revisit that.

Can't remember that but I'm not going to call you a liar, could totally see it. 😅

Turns out another win for #ARG
Listened to a deeper dive on our performance against Collingwood and our kicking overall

ANB this season kicks to a target inside 50, 80% of the time he has the footy.
They didn't mention the AFL average but they said he was miles above it.

We have 3 midfielders who are miles below the AFL average.

Oliver, Petracca and Viney.

So my take on this would be that when Trac does actually go for a teammate he finds them * loads more than Viney or Oliver, but apparently he still bombs it into 50 more than the AFL average.

* this game style

Turns out another win for #ARG
Listened to a deeper dive on our performance against Collingwood and our kicking overall

ANB this season kicks to a target inside 50, 80% of the time he has the footy.
They didn't mention the AFL average but they said he was miles above it.

We have 3 midfielders who are miles below the AFL average.

Oliver, Petracca and Viney.

So my take on this would be that when Trac does actually go for a teammate he finds them * loads more than Viney or Oliver, but apparently he still bombs it into 50 more than the AFL average.

* this game style
Maybe it's just the beer talking, TK... but you seem to be making sense.

So, why are they still so shit? Have they not been told... or do they just not understand?

Maybe it's just the beer talking, TK... but you seem to be making sense.

So, why are they still so s**t? Have they not been told... or do they just not understand?
Feels like our whole game style is revolved around dragging teams down into a shit game instead of wanting to beat them on talent.

We turned a premiership team and stack of AAs into a blue collar workman like team that has one AA.

That's shit coaching

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis The Coach – Simon 'Standard Practice' Goodwin: It's time to go (for real this time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back