The Darren Goldspink thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Whether Goldspink likes us or not is immaterial. The fact is that he is not biased against the Hawks.

In a booming, nationwide, multi-million dollar corporation there is no room for this sort of behaviour from an integral part of the game. If it was obvious enough for Hawk supporters to see, then its obvious enough for the AFL and Jeff Gieschen to see. If that was the case, Goldy would be struck off. Simple as that.
A biased umpire is too dangerous and hurtful to the game as a whole.

If you want to blame someone for the loss - try the players. Or, try to cheer for Browny and Co. as they smash the grin from Johnno's face this weekend.
I try to think like this, but it is just getting harder and harder.
When you hear radio commentators say 20 min into 1 st qtr "the man who is having the most influence on this game is Darren Goldspink. He's had about 6 kicks for Port so far". How do you stay objective when the objective are thinking like us.
I swear that if there is a 50-50 decision involving a hawk player, that it will always go the other way with him. He jumps on anything he can so that technically he will always be right. Bob Campbell swore at himself and copped it. Things like that. The way he spoke to Cam Brown last year was appalling. He almost made him give away the 50!

Hopefully this is his last year.
Given he is already allowed an extra half minute to complete his time trials, and still struggled to do that until about Rnd 8 would make me hope it is the end.
Will he make the finals squad?
Surely not!

Since Rnd 8 i have been aware of the fact that Goldstink took laxatives to lose the weight to make the time trial and since then I have also been aware of the accident he had in the final few hundred metres of said time trial and I still havent said anything. It's driving me mad.
Senior umpire had no qualms about telling me though LOL.

I try to think like this, but it is just getting harder and harder.
When you hear radio commentators say 20 min into 1 st qtr "the man who is having the most influence on this game is Darren Goldspink. He's had about 6 kicks for Port so far". How do you stay objective when the objective are thinking like us. I swear that if there is a 50-50 decision involving a hawk player, that it will always go the other way with him. He jumps on anything he can so that technically he will always be right. Bob Campbell swore at himself and copped it. Things like that. The way he spoke to Cam Brown last year was appalling. He almost made him give away the 50!

Football commentators are objective? Eddie McGuire calling Collingwood on Friday was objective? Dwayne Russell calling anything is objective? Rex Hunt is objective? Actually, thats a bad example as nobody knows who Rexy is talking about...

One of my pet hates is the commentators voicing their opinions on the umpires. Despite working for commercial radio/TV networks part of their position is encouraging the progress of the AFL and its audience. Bad mouthing the umpires is not good for the game - and is definitely not an objective view.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was told on the weekend that goldspink supported Hawks as a young bloke and that those who know him think he is bias against us as he would hate to be seen as bias toward us. Very disturbing to thin he might have been one of us.
Anyone heard anything similar??

Was told on the weekend that goldspink supported Hawks as a young bloke and that those who know him think he is bias against us as he would hate to be seen as bias toward us. Very disturbing to thin he might have been one of us.
Anyone heard anything similar??

This was brought up earlier it was found out that he supported some other club, he is a knob jockey by the highest order

Remove this Banner Ad

The Darren Goldspink thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back