Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot believe that most of their sponsors and corporate partners are sticking with them. Fancy having your brand associated with confirmed drug cheats, and your company named splashed all over their disgraced jumper. The Gestapo [ AFL] must be doing their worst behind the scenes to pressure sponsors into staying.

and yet most people will not read the findings and will buy what he says hook line and sinker which is why he is saying it

The only thing I can think is that because they were serving provisional suspensions until the AFL tribunal cleared them CAS are allowing that time to count as it could be argued if a guilty verdict was given by the AFL tribunal they would have continued on with their suspensions from that point.

I think it is reasonable to not penalize the players further by making them start their suspensions again given those circumstances.

The whole offseason counting is kind of a general crock with suspensions anyway
But they weren't actually serving suspensions. The time we are talking about is from Infraction notice > AFL Tribunal decision. In that time they missed a few NAB cup games but continued to train and be paid. And then they actually include in the time-server the entire 2015 season which they all played, and proven drug cheat Dustin Fletcher played a record 400th game.

If you want an example of how Bomberblitz has handled the outcome then this is good summation of it. Of course, it's all still a conspiracy, trumped up charges, no evidence...yada yada yada.

After reading about 600 posts today, I am signing off.

Honestly this feels worse than a death in the family - it is a real kick in the guts and made worse by being the finale of four years of absolutely disgraceful miscarriages of justice.

If it were a death in the family, at least you could expect some condolences from others, but in this case we get even yet more poison from the usual suspects and the great unwashed.

What is inexcusable is that the Club itself is offering nothing better (apart from honeyed words by the bloke specially parachuted in with that skill).

heck me, though, what is even worse - if we feel this bad about today's outcome, how must the poor players feeling? They get cruel and unusual punishment for doing nothing wrong, and for not accepting stitched-up charges.

Spare a thought for them tonight - and over the next year while they waste the prime of their careers, and over the next decade when they get pinned with this contemptible charge.

That post currently has 30+ likes and climbing.

I cannot believe that most of their sponsors and corporate partners are sticking with them. Fancy having your brand associated with confirmed drug cheats, and your company named splashed all over their disgraced jumper. The Gestapo [ AFL] must be doing their worst behind the scenes to pressure sponsors into staying.
On the other hand it is an enormous amount of exposure that does have value to the sponsor even if it's on the top of a proven drug cheat. If it were my company i'd stick with them but not pay them anywhere near what the original agreement was if at all. They'd be too embarrassed to disclose that or black out the logo on the jumper (remember EFC have been spinning the everything is okay crap the whole time) and couldn't get another sponsor. So free advertising and lots of air-time.

Love these hard hitting questions that Hird will answer on Sunday....

"Hirdy, at what point did you realise that ASADA and WADA would stop at nothing to seek to ruin you and your legacy as a legend of the game?"

"James, this saga must have taken an incredible toll on you. How do you find the strength to go on? Do you think it's fair to say that the affected players will be able to draw inspiration from your courage and fortitude throughout this saga?"

"James, as the spiritual leader of the Essendon club, has it been hard to see the club, and the AFL fail to follow your advice on how deal with these allegations? Do you feel at all let down by their stupidity?"

"Hirdy, more of comment than a question, but you've taken responsibility for this from day dot, and anyone who knows you knows you have a huge heart. That heart surely must be breaking for the players now?"

"James, can you tell us about Anzac medal #2 and what happened there?"
And finally: "James, on a scale of 1 - 10, how shocked are you to be sitting here?"

The AFL are patting themselves on the back for the tough stance they took on Essendon's governance issues in 2013.
However at the time it was made very clear those penalties only applied to governance issues. They were very careful not to imply any sort of guilt in regards to PED use.
Now they say there will be no further action taken against Essendon.

So - the official AFL response to having one of their clubs found guilty of deliberate, systemic drug cheating is... meh. We will help them recover!

The AFL heirarchy have lost even more respect in my eyes.

Coupled with a few other pieces of evidence.

The AFL tribunal chose to overlook Dank's love of TB4, concluding that no one could know what've injected the players.

The CAS chose to believe that Dank intended to and did use TB4, that the players knew that they were being injected with "Thymosin" and that everyone of them was being underhanded in neither looking into "Thymosin" or declaring it to ASADA when asked if they were receiving anything other than what was on the forms they fill out when being tested.
Those poor poor players...... they need to be compensated asap

Lending players to Essendon would be fraught with the same danger as lending a piece of clothing to an irresponsible mate.

Actually - its like giving your kids to a convicted child abuser.​

Some of the statements these clowns are making are embarrassing....... it's like they haven't read the finding or something. (Or perhaps they are hoping others havent)

eg he says..... "we maintain the position that the players have done nothing wrong and this decision does nothing to change that" "the players took all reasonable steps to ensure what they were given was compliant with the WADA code" "what more could the players have done to ensure the supplements were compliant?" - err it's all in the findings document if you read it.

AFL Players Association should carefully review their position. Any player can now do exactly what the Essendon players did, and claim that the have taken "all reasonable steps". When ASADA/WADA rubs them out, that player could then argue that behaving in line with Players Association recommendations was responsible for their conviction. Smell the litigation ....​

They've had years to think about Jobe's Brownlow. No reason why they couldn't have announced a decision yesterday. It is not for Jobe or anyone else to make.

It is totally untenable that someone who has been found by a responsible authority to have taken performance enhancing drugs can keep the Brownlow. It is irrelevant whether they took them deliberately or not.​

Love these hard hitting questions that Hird will answer on Sunday....

"Hirdy, at what point did you realise that ASADA and WADA would stop at nothing to seek to ruin you and your legacy as a legend of the game?"

"James, this saga must have taken an incredible toll on you. How do you find the strength to go on? Do you think it's fair to say that the affected players will be able to draw inspiration from your courage and fortitude throughout this saga?"

"James, as the spiritual leader of the Essendon club, has it been hard to see the club, and the AFL fail to follow your advice on how deal with these allegations? Do you feel at all let down by their stupidity?"

"Hirdy, more of comment than a question, but you've taken responsibility for this from day dot, and anyone who knows you knows you have a huge heart. That heart surely must be breaking for the players now?"

"James, can you tell us about Anzac medal #2 and what happened there?"
hehehe

Would be even more hilarious if it wasn't true...

If you want an example of how Bomberblitz has handled the outcome then this is good summation of it. Of course, it's all still a conspiracy, trumped up charges, no evidence...yada yada yada.

That post currently has 30+ likes and climbing.
I think they are confusing "did nothing wrong" and "did nothing"

Positive news for Essendon Shaggy, will guest star in their long awaited movie El Chapo Windy Hill adventure.

Not to mention that James Hird might get to meet Sean Penn for an interview.

AFL Players Association should carefully review their position. Any player can now do exactly what the Essendon players did, and claim that the have taken "all reasonable steps". When ASADA/WADA rubs them out, that player could then argue that behaving in line with Players Association recommendations was responsible for their conviction. Smell the litigation ....​

True!
In this context "all reasonable steps" is just asking the person that is giving you the substance "is this stuff ok with WADA". If they say "sure is", job done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The backdating is due to the AFL's incompetence

It essentially says the afl is corrupt, and had they not tried to protect their own skins, the players would've been suspended

Absolutely! I think this is getting glossed over. The AFL loves to think it is the pond, not just a big fish, and it gets to decide everything.

I think reality is on the way, and ASADA, not to mention other agencies, will absolutely target the AFL, dragnet style.

Maybe the day when Kerr sacked Gough?;):mad: :)oops: - I'm sitting on the fence here to please both sides.)

That also happens to be Remembrance Day - not exactly fitting to have a piss up and a BBQ on that day!

206027_b52a5b69f453a280c989e9b4a91513b5.jpeg
[/ATTACH]
Haha.
I like how it's a picture of an image on a monitor instead of the actual image...

3aa01c4d7093421d7211da879316a326

Last edited:
Happy Asterisk Day +1 !

Haven't been reading much on the topic, but did I hear the AFL will pay the salaries of the suspended players ?!? What a rort ! If this is true, do you think it will head off any legal actions against * by *34 for any loss of incomes ?

what about the de listed ones, especially young uns. not too much bleating on their behalf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back