Friday night
Hawthorn v Fremantle (mcg) 50,000

Saturday
Geelong v Sydney (Etihad stadium) 45,000

Saturday Night
Essendon v Carlton (mcg) 90,000

Sunday
Richmond v Collingwood (mcg) 90,000

Nice, but Carlton wont make it. They are ordinary, very overrated, Suns or Crows will take their spot.

I wish over defensive Tigers supporters would calm down. The thread is not meant to be about you. It's meant to be about the teams that will actually make the 8. Forgive me including you in the thread post as 9th. I just think it's pretty obvious that it is a likely scenario that they'll drop out, as they do. No need to become offensive!

Can you elaborate on what I have been clueless about in a previous post?

Poor clueless fool :rolleyes:

Final 8 set.
Yep, can't see anyone outside making it now, Port's win today has completely shut the door. Remarkable turnaround, I don't think anyone had them in the 8 pre-season (Walls had them winning the wooden spoon). Credit to them.

Yep, can't see anyone outside making it now, Port's win today has completely shut the door. Remarkable turnaround, I don't think anyone had them in the 8 pre-season (Walls had them winning the wooden spoon). Credit to them.
Walls is an idiot. I can see Carlton or West Coast scraping in though. No one is safe until they get 13 wins!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definetly not set in stone. Port would go into their next two games as underdogs. Lose them both and they are back to 8-7.

Having said that West Coast, Adelaide and Carlton all have a tough draw ahead. 2 games is a very nice buffer.
Yeah, having that 2 game buffer is nice especially with Carlton and West Coast (Adelaide aren't really contenders imo) having pretty tough draws.

Definetly not set in stone. Port would go into their next two games as underdogs. Lose them both and they are back to 8-7.

Having said that West Coast, Adelaide and Carlton all have a tough draw ahead. 2 games is a very nice buffer.
Port are this years version of the 2012 North team, good draw and good luck, but playing well above their ability.

Port have been good in the last two weeks, Sydney being the big scalp, but they were almost full strength at home against half a Pies team, and they still have Bombers, Hawks, Cats and Freo, tough. Add Carlton Suns, Crows and Lions who will be no push overs and it looks tough (Saints they should win)

I doubt if they will make the 8, the Blues will scrape in.

Port are this years version of the 2012 North team, good draw and good luck, but playing well above their ability.

Port have been good in the last two weeks, Sydney being the big scalp, but they were almost full strength at home against half a Pies team, and they still have Bombers, Hawks, Cats and Freo, tough. Add Carlton Suns, Crows and Lions who will be no push overs and it looks tough (Saints they should win)

I doubt if they will make the 8, the Blues will scrape in.
Pies may have had a few out but Port are playing with belief and intensity that we haven't seen for years. Not to mention they have the best young list in the comp bar GC and GWS. If they can keep it up, they could make top 4. I'll be tipping them to beat Essendon next week and the Hawthorn game is going to be an absolute cracker.

Richmond fans hope that Port falls out because if they don't it will mean they have to accept what everyone else already knows - that they pissed the last few years up the wall.

Richmond fans hope that Port falls out because if they don't it will mean they have to accept what everyone else already knows - that they pissed the last few years up the wall.

I have literally no idea what you mean by this :confused:o_O

pissed against the wall? We've shown steady improvement every year since Hardwick took over when we were worse than fitzroy.

Port winning is great for us and great for football.

pissed against the wall? We've shown steady improvement every year since Hardwick took over when we were worse than fitzroy.

Confusing post. Is he suggesting we should've played finals in 2011 and 2012. 2012 we could've but lost too many close games. No chance in 2011 though.

And how does Port making finals mean we've pissed anything away? We're above them on the ladder.

I just think with the list you have, you should have been playing finals two years ago instead of teams like North last year. But then again, you were coming from a fair way back with the Wallace era, so there's that.

Confusing post. Is he suggesting we should've played finals in 2011 and 2012. 2012 we could've but lost too many close games. No chance in 2011 though.

And how does Port making finals mean we've pissed anything away? We're above them on the ladder.

I think she was implying we should've jumped from near last to top 8 contention in a single season, which of course every club manages to do except Richmond.

An astute observation really.

Remove this Banner Ad

The "Final 8 + Richmond" already set

Remove this Banner Ad

Back