Religion The God Question (continued in Part 2 - link in last post)

god or advanced entity?

• god

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • advanced entity

Votes: 21 60.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do your homework Procrastinator35 ffs mate!.
It's been called that for decades!.
Not too hot
Not too cold
Jjjjjjjjjjjjjuuuuuuusssssst right!.

Aahh....So scientists have reverted back to mythology & story telling to explain the universe hey?....Sounds eerily like religion to me.:D

It's lucky there aren't 7 dwarf planets, lest we become Snow White.....And Don't get me started on Cinderella.o_O

Still too speculative....The fact remains....Life as we know it, exists only here on earth.

THE one & only living planet.

So now Mr Liebnitz gets a Guernsey too....Possible worlds & scenarios....But lets just stick with what we know & have shall we?

All these speculation models incorporating billions of years guesstimates & possible worlds are just that..

Their no more an answer to the question of the miracle of life, than the notion of God as the supreme life-force.
we have a working model of a goldilocks planet, it is called earth. it is a scientific extrapolation re. the conditions needed for life to start and evolve. the process of identifying possible other goldilocks planets really is quite simple scientifically speaking.

i have not seen a peer reviewed working model of god/creator/omnipresent being as yet.

we have a working model of a goldilocks planet, it is called earth. it is a scientific extrapolation re. the conditions needed for life to start and evolve. the process of identifying possible other goldilocks planets really is quite simple scientifically speaking.

i have not seen a peer reviewed working model of god/creator/omnipresent being as yet.

Really?....Try life on Earth....The self-same 'working-model' for your Goldilocks paradigm.:rolleyes:

I think the point is more over all the pre-conditions necessary, in order for life to exist in the first place....Our atmosphere alone is a phenomenally complex amalgam of so many contingencies.

The question begs, without being silly & dismissive about it....Can this really all be put down to mere happenstance?
No it doesn't. Admittedly, it's a curious phenomena though.

Still too speculative....The fact remains....Life as we know it, exists only here on earth.

THE one & only living planet.

So now Mr Liebnitz gets a Guernsey too....Possible worlds & scenarios....But lets just stick with what we know & have shall we?

All these speculation models incorporating billions of years guesstimates & possible worlds are just that..

Their no more an answer to the question of the miracle of life, than the notion of God as the supreme life-force.
Everything is too speculative for the indoctrinated cult member.
Even when life can be created from "nothing", even when we do discover alien life forms, even when we understand the very creation of the universe, that will not be proof of God's absence.
The faithful will still claim a place for their myth of choice.
Science has no aim to disprove your God only to discover how the universe works and why.

It may take much longer to understand the human brain than the rest of the universe put together.
We may never know why some "need" to create a creator.

What "fundamental ontology"? "Goddidit"?

The living Earth.:rolleyes:

Everything is too speculative for the indoctrinated cult member.
Even when life can be created from "nothing", even when we do discover alien life forms, even when we understand the very creation of the universe, that will not be proof of God's absence.
The faithful will still claim a place for their myth of choice.
Science has no aim to disprove your God only to discover how the universe works and why.

It may take much longer to understand the human brain than the rest of the universe put together.
We may never know why some "need" to create a creator.

Which cult might that be?....Can you send me the address so I can become a subscriber.o_O

You posit these 'even when' scenarios as 'facts' when their merely speculative....Not exactly a sound basis upon which to critique any other perspective....In fact, more fitting of one belonging to some 'Science is God cult':)....Utterly fanciful.

Maybe gather your thoughts & clear your head before trying again..:thumbsu:

Aahh....So scientists have reverted back to mythology & story telling to explain the universe hey?....Sounds eerily like religion to me.:D

It's lucky there aren't 7 dwarf planets, lest we become Snow White.....And Don't get me started on Cinderella.o_O

there's 5 dwarf planets and snow white is one of them.
not sure what you've got against caroline herschel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goldilocks and the 3 bears was a fairytale,not mythology.
Religion and belief in god is both.
Science works in neither.

Goldilocks and the 3 bears was a fairytale,not mythology.
Religion and belief in god is both.
Science works in neither.

Science is a process & field of endeavor undertaken by human beings....It is therefore subject to all the usual errors common to mankind....Which includes it's nomenclature & conceptual apparatus, which are generated from human consciousness, so as to be grasped & comprehended by that universal human consciousness.

To imagine that science is somehow independent of human subjectivity is folly.

One group: believe in a magic soup type cataclysmic event from which all life evolved billions of years ago?

Second group: believe life was created on the planet (commonly referred to in a derogatory manner as a guy in the sky with a magic wand)?

Last edited:
Just as we finish dealing with a theist, another blind theist pops-up arguing and asking the exact same questions as the guy before...

These guys never stop coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back