The Greens

Remove this Banner Ad

Right now we 100% know that the next RBA move is a rate cut. The only decision they need to make is the timing.

Regarding the RBA being held accountable for their performance - what are their performance objectives?

They have one performance objective with regard to how the system currently works - to control inflation. That is it.

This sums up my view on finance people - they are nothing more than bog average administrators who make obscene money by skimming margins. There is nothing special about what they do.

That's incorrect they also have a mandate to maintain full employment but they're ignoring that one

The conduct of the major parties, and especially Labor, towards this man is pretty appalling.
People (read: most MPs who are property investors) really go off when you (read: Max Chandler-Maher) touch a raw nerve (read: their increasing riches from property investment is contributing to a crisis).

Well, can't blame you. At the end of the day they won't upend the system, just make it less intolerable.
They're the best chance of that we've got currently

Greens bashing seems to be quite the fashion these days even though they have superior policy and no ties to corporate lobby groups.
I'm quite happy to criticise the party I voted for

The alternative is barracking like Labor stans

Last edited:
People (read: most MPs who are property investors) really go off when you (read: Max Chandler-Maher) touch a raw nerve (read: their increasing riches from property investment is contributing to a crisis).
I don't really like that there are still Greens MPs that are property investors too, but at least that doesn't stop them advocating the same things Chandler-Mather is.

Right now we 100% know that the next RBA move is a rate cut. The only decision they need to make is the timing.
No, we know the trend is leaning that way. But what if the CPI has a big spike in the next two quarters?

Regarding the RBA being held accountable for their performance - what are their performance objectives?
"It is the duty of the Reserve Bank Board, within the limits of its powers, to ensure that the monetary and banking policy of the Bank is directed to the greatest advantage of the people of Australia and that the powers of the Bank ... are exercised in such a manner as, in the opinion of the Reserve Bank Board, will best contribute to:

1. the stability of the currency of Australia;
  2. the maintenance of full employment in Australia; and
  3. the economic prosperity and welfare of the people of Australia."
- Reserve Bank Act 1959, Section 10(2)

I think that third one in particular is being neglected.

They have one performance objective with regard to how the system currently works - to control inflation. That is it.
Incorrect, see above.

This sums up my view on finance people - they are nothing more than bog average administrators who make obscene money by skimming margins. There is nothing special about what they do.

I agree fully.

Full employment to the elites means 5% unemployment or something. They need a few spares on standby.

Unemployment figures are a total farce though. It is barely even a relevant figure.
Underemployment is a better figure yes

My point is the elites are running the RBA and they're policy is largely designed to suppress wages not inflation

Remove this Banner Ad

The Greens

Remove this Banner Ad

Back