Opinion The Hawkins Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: What now for Hawkins?

This isn't 2006 Renegade. Although you've obviously got a new whipping boy - a 20 year old kid.

Re that mark Hawkins took in the pocket - he obviously played on because he didn't think the mark had been paid.

Couch or internet fooballers like you are the best - Hawkins has already shown improvement in the first half after last week's disappointing effort but for guns like you nothing is good enough.

your a fool

Means little when you can't spell.

This isn't 2006 Renegade. Although you've obviously got a new whipping boy - a 20 year old kid.

Re that mark Hawkins took in the pocket - he obviously played on because he didn't think the mark had been paid.

Couch or internet fooballers like you are the best - Hawkins has already shown improvement in the first half after last week's disappointing effort but for guns like you nothing is good enough.

Sorry, i didn't realise you had to be an AFL listed player to comment on a footballer. :rolleyes:
How could he not know it was a mark when no one else touched it? The whistle blowing tends to be a little giveaway that a decision was made, but he plays on anyway.

You seem to be a little bitter tonight Renegade.

I am sure it is Hawkins fault Geelong are losing.

I say dump him now they can bring in Adam Varcoe in his place.

id create a thread if i could but hav nt been around long enough to do so

but thought it would be an interesting thought for you guys to go after barry hall????
hes still got a few years in him and it would give you a strong forward while waiting for tommy to get his confidence up what do you think????

Sorry, i didn't realise you had to be an AFL listed player to comment on a footballer. :rolleyes:
How could he not know it was a mark when no one else touched it? The whistle blowing tends to be a little giveaway that a decision was made, but he plays on anyway.

I never said you had to be an AFL player in order to criticise, rather that how can you be so critical of a kid who has so much to learn and so much improvement left in him?

So Gamble with 20 touches and a goal isn't trying.... yet Hawkins has 12 touches and a goal and it's a good solid game?
Pretty much sums it up all there doesn't it?

not really gamble was moved down back to get easy touches l thought you were watching,or were you to busy bashing your tommy doll

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the Hawk was decent tonight. Showed a lot of effort and was unlucky not to kick a few more. Much better effort compared to last week.

A quality set shot player would have missed that. Just shows where he should be hiding, right there in the pocket. Where his garbage kicks might do something.

Possibly the most inane comment I've had the misfortune to see on this forum.

I'd also be interested to know what pleasure you get from trolling your own clubs board [ that's assuming you really are a Cats follower ] is it some perverse way of getting your jollies, just a bit of stirring, a way to overcome boredom, all of the above?

So Gamble with 20 touches and a goal isn't trying.... yet Hawkins has 12 touches and a goal and it's a good solid game?

I'm a Gamble fan but he was woeful tonight and yes Hawkins was a lot better than him.Now you can have your pissy little whinge about Hawkins if you like,but remove the blinkers and watch a replay of the game and you'll see Hawkins was okay.

yet you're not critical of gamble's lame attempt at goal in the 3rd when he shanked it out of bounds?

Well, Hawkins definitely played better than some of our other forwards tonight. If Gamble continues to play like that, he cant be considered as an option.

Good to see Hawkins doing ok in a game where the supply was pretty poor. Good to see him holding his own without the likes of Ablett and Stevie J delivering the ball to him.

Would have been an easy night for Tom to go missing last night.

But he did just what the coaches would have asked him to do and that's work hard at the little things and let the rest take care of itself.

Four contested marks and a nice goal a highlight.

Stiff too not to get a couple of frees which would have been shots at goal.

id create a thread if i could but hav nt been around long enough to do so

but thought it would be an interesting thought for you guys to go after barry hall????
hes still got a few years in him and it would give you a strong forward while waiting for tommy to get his confidence up what do you think????

Dumb idea. Hawkins will develop with games in him. The selection of Hawkins is the correct decision in my opinion. Thompson put games into the young fellas when he took on the job and needs to develop our bigger players,especially since we are thin in that area. Lonergan is simply not strong enough to play in a KP at AFL level. Gamble looks more like a flanker than a KPP to me.

As for Hall, too much baggage for mine. He probably should forget the AFL and consider the UFC. I would rather trade off Tenace and / or another long term fringe player for a young KPP player whilst waiting for the likes of Mitch Brown and Dan McKenna, Scott Simpson to develop and muscle up in the gym. The spine is our problem but Hall is not the answer. I think that he would just be another inherited problem if added to the Cats list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion The Hawkins Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back