The Hawthorn Dynasty

Remove this Banner Ad

No you're just manipulating time frames to add a couple of cups to your little argument. You could say the competition went national in 1982 when South Melbourne became Sydney.

But 1990 is the start of the AFL era.

Start whenever you like, champ.

1982 = Nine cups
1987 = Seven cups
1990 = Five cups

Still beats anyone else. :)

This is the way of the Hawthorn fan. The song says 'we are a happy team at Hawthorn' but many Hawk fans are miserable bastards. I'm one fat old happy Catter with three more DVDs to watch than I ever thought I would. But some Hawk folk seem an angry and agitated lot at times. If my side had won as many flags as the mighty Hawks have in recent times I'd be as happy as the Buddha who had just smoked some.

Chill out and enjoy the view Hawkers! All this dynasty talk is a load of waffle.

Then why post here on the Bay?

This whole forum is a dick measuring contest and you've turned up with a mangina.

Enjoy your DVD's. :$

Just two quick questions:

1. Where did we play two of our finals in 2015? I'll give you a clue - the teams were both from the same city and finished 1st and 2nd on the ladder.

2. In 2013, we were minor premiers. Are you suggesting we should have played away even though we finished top?

I get what your saying but regardless, to win the grand Final at the G for an interstate team is a lot more difficult than for a team who's home ground it is. QF & PF whilst more difficult to win for the away team, it's not the big dance.
The Lions 3 peat trumps anyone's for this reason....in my opinion

I get what your saying but regardless, to win the grand Final at the G for an interstate team is a lot more difficult than for a team who's home ground it is. QF & PF whilst more difficult to win for the away team, it's not the big dance.
The Lions 3 peat trumps anyone's for this reason....in my opinion

They had a larger salary cap. More cash = better players.

Stop being so silly.

Ok keep trying to bend history but we all know Carlton, Essendon and Collingwood have more cups so sit on it and rotate. :)
1. A West Coaster decided that it should be from when the comp was called "The AFL"; and if you don't agree with that point....
2. Carlton and Essendon do.

Ok keep trying to bend history but we all know Carlton, Essendon and Collingwood have more cups so sit on it and rotate. :)

Thanks Fonzie.

Way to completely miss the point of the thread.

Fonzy.jpg

Eyyyyyy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They had a larger salary cap. More cash = better players.

Stop being so silly.

The extra cash was not even half of it. They benefited from a merger after finishing 3rd got (2 time AA Scott) in that deal , traded unwanted Fitzroy players (got Mal Michael this way) had additional roster spots, and atleast 1/3 of their players were gained through zone drafting concessions. I will only bother to name 2 players they got from draft concessions despite many of the others been Premiership core players.
Voss and Akermanis someone please tell me those 2 didn't make a difference.

What about the Collingwood dynasty from 1901 to 1958. 13 Premierships.

F***ing wombat.

1902 to 1958 = 56 years.
1961 to 2015 = 54 years.

Ours is better. :)

F***ing wombat.

You may equal our record of 4 in a row, but you won't break it.

I think there will be new premiers in 2016 so our 4 peat will give us the edge.

3 in a row with salary cap/draft/concessions in the professional era >>>>>>>>>> 4 in a row thanks to John Wren pre-Depression.

You may equal our record of 4 in a row, but you won't break it.

I think there will be new premiers in 2016 so our 4 peat will give us the edge.
B2B in today's modern game is equal to Collingwoods 4 challenge tainted straight.
More teams, so more competition and greater odds to succeed. Salary caps, ladder position based national drafts and various other equalisation methods. Structured fixtures designed to give better teams harder draws.
Have to win a minimum 3 to 4 games to crowned the Premier, compared with 2. Can't lose the game that would have been the grandfinal and cry about it using a dodgy challenge rule. The challenge rule was a stain on the game hence it was immediately removed following the embarrassment Collingwood made of it using it 2 times in the 4 straight.
Effectively there were only 8 teams at the time as the new teams were a joke and never received today's type of concessions to aid building a team.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hawthorn Dynasty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back