The Hawthorn Dynasty

Remove this Banner Ad

MELBHawks.png

We'd have 23 flags by now if that shit went through...

What might have been

So when Hawthorn relocate to Tassie, will that be the end of a dynasty and the start of a new one, or will be the same dynasty just a change of name and location ?

Thing is, whilst Geelong struggle to draw 25,000 fans to our fixtures (and rely on us shouldering 45,000 to 50,000 fans) we'll be right here in Victoria.

Why is it that Victoria's provincial club gets dwarfed by a club supposedly relocating to Tasmania?

I guess that's why the AFL is shit scared that Friday will draw an abysmal crowd (cant rely on one of the big 5 Vic clubs to shoulder it) so have resorted to giving tickets away with cereal boxes

Doesn't make sense does it???

So you are saying the Hawks are a dynasty.

I guess any club that can win 11 Premierships and gunning for their 12th in a touch over 50 is awesome.

At last a Handbagger with the balls to admit it. :thumbsu:
And just as usual you don't even have the balls to answer his question. Good for you, donkey. :p

Perhaps one of your new found buds can come and tag you out of this quandary you've now found yourself in..?

And just as usual you don't even have the balls to answer his question. Good for you, donkey. :p

Perhaps one of your new found buds can come and tag you out of this quandary you've now found yourself in..?

Easily answered.

Hawthorn are a far bigger club than Geelong, in short we dwarf you.

Taking one of the big clubs out of Victoria is stupid. Especially one that has 11/54'd.

Hawthorn is like the British Empire circa 19th century, spreading the good word to the dominions (Tasmania, NZ, NT etc.).

John Harms (a Cat) nailed the concept in this well constructed critique in 2008...

Bulldogs and Hawks provide class rivalry
John Harms | June 4, 2008

The Hawks fans were very confident. Beer-in-hand. Nine-and-zip. Happy to be playing in the footy colony the club has acquired. Plant a flag in Tasmania and call it yours. Happy to see Jeff Kennett sending Old Melbourne off to the Gold Coast, in an attempt to secure the Yarraside Range Rover set. I can't remember whether it was Lenin or Doug Hawkins who wrote that footy imperialism was the highest stage of capitalism.

So this was his question.
So when Hawthorn relocate to Tassie, will that be the end of a dynasty and the start of a new one, or will be the same dynasty just a change of name and location ?
And here is your answer.
Easily answered.

Hawthorn are a far bigger club than Geelong, in short we dwarf you.

Taking one of the big clubs out of Victoria is stupid. Especially one that has 11/54'd.

Hawthorn is like the British Empire circa 19th century, spreading the good word to the dominions (Tasmania, NZ, NT etc.).
hmmmm, are you Pauline Hanson?

So this was his question.

And here is your answer.

hmmmm, are you Pauline Hanson?

Not exactly. As above, Hawthorn have planted their stake in Tasmania and have provided locals with access to the wide, world of football. Eventually Tasmania will stand on its own two feet (or in this case, Norff will relocate to Tasmania in 2017) but when that time comes, the locals will be thankful that Hawthorn gave them access to 15 years of live football content. That and the fact that a large share of our fan base filled the coffers of the Launceston businesses

Simple concept really :)

Doesn't explain why Hawthorn are a much bigger club (and for that matter far more successful club) than the Geelong Cats though, perhaps you can elaborate on that?

I mean the Cats had a 28 year head start in the VFL, have been around for 45 years longer than Hawthorn and have a monopoly over provincial Victoria. They should be the biggest club in Victoria with 20 flags given their historical advantage...

Alas you underperform, always :)

Oh my.
Lets try it once again, this was his question -
And once again here is another one of your beating about the bush answers -
Not exactly. As above, Hawthorn have planted their stake in Tasmania and have provided locals with access to the wide, world of football. Eventually Tasmania will stand on its own two feet (or in this case, Norff will relocate to Tasmania in 2017) but when that time comes, the locals will be thankful that Hawthorn gave them access to 15 years of live football content. That and the fact that a large share of our fan base filled the coffers of the Launceston businesses

Simple concept really :)

Doesn't explain why Hawthorn are a much bigger club (and for that matter far more successful club) than the Geelong Cats though, perhaps you can elaborate on that?

Will more than 20000 Geelong Cats bother with Friday Night?
No reply necessary this time man, you've already had multiple goes at it and failed. ;)

Oh my.
Lets try it once again, this was his question -

And once again here is another one of your beating about the bush answers -

No reply necessary this time man, you've already had multiple goes at it and failed. ;)

You clearly do not understand colonisation Chefy you knob. The concept works like this. You send a few forward parties somewhere, they load their ships with riches, said riches get delivered back to the mothership to be stored in big shiny cups. To appease the colonies said shiny cups are won regularly and toured though the colonies to garner their continued support.

Now as I am sure you are aware, Great Britain never relocated. Neither will Hawthorn.

Great Britain also won when it mattered. So will Hawthorn ;)

You clearly do not understand colonisation Chefy you knob. The concept works like this. You send a few forward parties somewhere, they load their ships with riches, said riches get delivered back to the mothership to be stored in big shiny cups. To appease the colonies said shiny cups are won regularly and toured though the colonies to garner their continued support.

Now as I am sure you are aware, Great Britain never relocated. Neither will Hawthorn.

This scattergun post is exactly why I clearly stated 'No reply necessary'

you-loser.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong = Iraq

Millions of dollars spent and still people wouldn't go there for a holiday.

1. Hawthorn will end up like other "empire builders" - run-of-the-mill countries desperate for relevance (England) whilst the colonies they created thrive (Australia, India).
2. The greatest "colony" is Sydney. unlike Tassie, which is AFL-friendly, the Sydney colony was built amongst feral inhabitants (all major sporting codes) and had to fight to survive. Now, Sydney is the jewel in teh AFL Empire's crown.
3. Hawks fans are like the Poms - trying to talk tough, harking back to ancient times when they were relevant, whining about what should be, jealous of the powers (Sydney) that are flourishing.

by next year, Sydney may well have 5 flags in 10 years - including the Hawks' Bradbury's flag of 2013.

That is the sign of a true champion club. And, unlike Hawthorn (2009), we don't capitulate after a flag. The culture and pride in our club is too strong - that's why Buddy left for greener pastures.

1. Hawthorn will end up like other "empire builders" - run-of-the-mill countries desperate for relevance (England) whilst the colonies they created thrive (Australia, India).
2. The greatest "colony" is Sydney. unlike Tassie, which is AFL-friendly, the Sydney colony was built amongst feral inhabitants (all major sporting codes) and had to fight to survive. Now, Sydney is the jewel in teh AFL Empire's crown.
3. Hawks fans are like the Poms - trying to talk tough, harking back to ancient times when they were relevant, whining about what should be, jealous of the powers (Sydney) that are flourishing.

by next year, Sydney may well have 5 flags in 10 years - including the Hawks' Bradbury's flag of 2013.

That is the sign of a true champion club. And, unlike Hawthorn (2009), we don't capitulate after a flag. The culture and pride in our club is too strong - that's why Buddy left for greener pastures.

The only bit you got right is Sydney is full of feral inhabitants. All is not lost for you grasshopper.

I believe that IF we win the whole thing this years there's grounds for calling this the best ever premiership.

Reasons,
The near impossibility of winning back to back in this equalisation period of football.
The catastrophic injury list we had mid season.
We had the following players out for extended periods at the same time.
Lake, Gibson, Mitchell, Rioli, Sewell.

I said to my bro about round 11, that if we could somehow scrape our way into the top 4, we might may be a chance. He told me to stop snorting shit.
So, can the mighties do what even the Norton bro's said couldn't be done?

Stay tuned punters, as this will one day be a telemovie about "defying the odds". I think Jason Statham is odds on to play yours truly.

It makes Carl Spackler's Cinderella story look quite lame doesn't it
Crows 97/98. /thread.

Will Sydney be able to fill a 12000 seat GF allocation by next year.

Or draw more than 3000 people to their 'overwhelming' premiership celebration

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-30/swans-celebrate-grand-final-victory/4287996

This morning, about 3,000 Swans supporters attended a presentation at Melbourne's Lakeside Oval, considered to be the spiritual home of the Swans.

Or back in Sydney, shake down the thunder...

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/th...lakeside-stadium/story-fnelctok-1226484644944

Flanked by a giant crowd of between 2000 and 4000 fans, a "dusty" looking group of Swans players held aloft the AFL premiership cup in the harbour city for the second time in eight years

Not that we're counting but we drew 22,000 plus to see #11.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2013/09/29/hawk-franklin-stays-mum-afl-move

Earlier, after the team was briefly presented to a crowd of more than 22,000, Franklin lingered on stage, clapping his hands above his head in what seemed a pointed farewell gesture.

Not to mention taking the cup to Launceston on the Monday (as good empires should do)

If they win this year, it will be the Tassie Hawks dynasty, which is seperate from the Hawthorn Hawks of the 80s. Totally different team.

Maybe.

We've still got more members than Geelong and Carlton combined :eek:
And I bet you don't even count a single one as a bandwagonner.. :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hawthorn Dynasty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back