Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to intrude, but I do enjoy your thread.

However, any suggestion that a particular action in the official AA selection process requires a counter balancing logical extension in other actions, is truly delusional.

I would doubt the capacity of the AA selectors to even know that the had picked 3 KPP at each end until they saw the printed side.
Cameron Ling probably thinks KPP somehow is an acronym that refers to Joel Selwood

Sorry to intrude, but I do enjoy your thread.

However, any suggestion that a particular action in the official AA selection process requires a counter balancing logical extension in other actions, is truly delusional.

I would doubt the capacity of the AA selectors to even know that the had picked 3 KPP at each end until they saw the printed side.
Well said, I knew at the time the error in my thought process, but I ignored my better judgement and plowed on with my point.

Looking at the side, and even the squad, logic was not given a seat at the table.

Well said, I knew at the time the error in my thought process, but I ignored my better judgement and plowed on with my point.

Looking at the side, and even the squad, logic was not given a seat at the table.
If that side played against itself, Eddie Betts would kick 15 goals

The Adelaide board makes for good reading at the moment. Bunch of them getting all hot and bothered by the idea of getting Petracca for Lever :$

The Adelaide board makes for good reading at the moment. Bunch of them getting all hot and bothered by the idea of getting Petracca for Lever :$
Pfffffff

This whole thread.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-case-for-a-priority-pick.1167580/

I like the Lions as a team but their supporters are the biggest bunch of sooks. Remember how angry they got when we applied for a PP? (For the record I didn't want it nor did I think we needed it).

Surely the thread title should be "the case for another priority pick". I like how all the conditions they've set out conveniently omit facts like they're the only club to have received a priority pick under the current rules and they should be compensated for shit trading / having a poor club culture where half their young players wanted to leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This post made me lol

Haaaaaa!
This popped up on my facebook today also.
Just wow.
How can this ballbag keep being given a vehicle to peddle this garbage!?
Not that Adelaide would even enquire but if they did, the answer would be no and as much as we'd love Jake Lever, Oliver doesn't have to and won't be part of that deal. Just complete idiocy.

God they have a hard on for an average mid. Its sorta like us saying Jones is an elite top 5 player. Solid, yes. A superstar? No.

Yup, par for the course for Norfies.

I couldn't be bothered to find a post to quote, but I've seen it quite a few times now: "Nielson, Durdin, Vickers-Willis and McKay - that's our key backs for the next ten years." Also stuff along the lines of, "Simpkin, Larkey and Turner will all be guns, add them to a forward line that already has Brown and Wood and that's scary good." It's certain that Paul Ahern will be elite, Garner just needs continuity to be elite, Preuss is a given and Dumont, Zurhaar and Mountford will join Cunnington and Kelly to make a midfield that will be the envy of every other club.

I know we all tend to overrate our own to some extent, but over there it's as though any guy younger than 22 who's played a game is a guaranteed future superstar. Just as an example though, Kayne Turner is a slightly worse version of Dean Kent, yet how frustrated are we with Kent?

I couldn't be bothered to find a post to quote, but I've seen it quite a few times now: "Nielson, Durdin, Vickers-Willis and McKay - that's our key backs for the next ten years." Also stuff along the lines of, "Simpkin, Larkey and Turner will all be guns, add them to a forward line that already has Brown and Wood and that's scary good." It's certain that Paul Ahern will be elite, Garner just needs continuity to be elite, Preuss is a given and Dumont, Zurhaar and Mountford will join Cunnington and Kelly to make a midfield that will be the envy of every other club.

I know we all tend to overrate our own to some extent, but over there it's as though any guy younger than 22 who's played a game is a guaranteed future superstar. Just as an example though, Kayne Turner is a slightly worse version of Dean Kent, yet how frustrated are we with Kent?

I know, I barely know half of the players they tout.

I'm trying to be more measured during my trade week comments. So many of the players we get asked about are rated by us, but for one reason or another at an all time low in trade value.

But bloody hell, Norf.

The victim mentality of Carlton.
The delusion of Richmond.
The insufferable over-rating of players like Freo.
The insignificance of pre-2016 Western Bulldogs.

All rolled up into one giant annoyance of a club.

I actually really rate Turner...but your point is correct

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp The Loony Bin - Lead Sponsor of Crazy Topkent's Alternate Adventures

Remove this Banner Ad

Back