Mega Thread The Mark Neeld Mega-Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Is his contract up at the end of 2013?
Nup 2014. The bloke is honestly the worst coach I have seen come into AFL football. Everything he has done has not worked out. Chris Dawes anyone? Rodan? The Captains? Shannon Byrnes? Etc etc etc. Looking forward to seeing the sook he has in the presser post game. Time to go Neeldy!

Cant believe i tipped Melbourne. Thought it would be close, just gave them the nod, but this is pathetic.

As for the coach its hard to know what resources he has, theres been a few coaches now and none able to get much going on. They cant afford to turn away supporters and sponsors with efforts like this. Hard to fathom it can happen with a draft system.

The blame does lie with the coach, but not just the coach. With MFC it goes much deeper.

However, the minimum he can do as a coach is give the players a rev-up. That's the easiest bit. Game plans, foot and hand skills take time. Getting the players to give a damn should have been the first thing that needed to be addressed. If you don't have the ball, put pressure on the man with the ball.

Unfortunately for Neeld, MFC were a rabble before he got there and he probably didn't have the experience or personality to change it.

When they were belted earlier this year and in the presser he didn't know what went wrong, was dumbfounded, you knew it was all over. Even when the players were interviewed arriving for training 2 or 3 days later, they still didn't know what had gone wrong. They should have been told that they just hadn't put the effort in, or something, which would have been true and then at least they would've had something to think about and work on. They were just clueless and this a reflection on the coach.

You read reports that the players loved Bailey and were cheesed off that he was sacked.

The unspoken implication is that they're kind-of-deliberately giving pea-hearted efforts as some sort of "protest" against the board, admin, new coach, etc.

If so, the players should be the ones dumped, not the coach. The tail can't wag the dog, the players need to be made aware that it's the coaches' way or the highway.....

Fox Footy deliberately avoided showing footage of Neeld at the end.

As big a story as the Suns winning first game in Melbourne is, The Dees disastrous situation is the bigger story.

they should sack everyone and start again.

Honestly, I'd love the club to actually do that.

Keep the Joneses, Viney, Hogan, Toumpas, Gawn, Clark, Grimes and maybe Trengove. Sack everyone else. We'll have a mountain of picks in the PSD, just go through and pick anyone and everyone that will have a crack. Don't care if they're not good enough.

We're going to end up with a PP at this rate anyway.

You read reports that the players loved Bailey and were cheesed off that he was sacked.

The unspoken implication is that they're kind-of-deliberately giving pea-hearted efforts as some sort of "protest" against the board, admin, new coach, etc.

If so, the players should be the ones dumped, not the coach. The tail can't wag the dog, the players need to be made aware that it's the coaches' way or the highway.....

It only works if it's the coach that actually does this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their recruiting has been horrid and the coach doesn't give a shit. Clark and Dawes on huge money when neither even ranked close to being the best key forward in their incumbent sides. Their midfield is appalling however viney will be a shining light in the future. Trengove will be good but not great, grimes is a good player. Jones gives it his all, grimes and howe are also very, very good players. Outside of those guys and a couple of youngsters we know little about the rest is shithouse.

FFS Lynch is an upgrade on dawes and lynch based on his last 2 years was probably the eagles 4th or 5th best forward.

They have continued to **** it all up. The need hard bodied players who are willing to give it a genuine crack above all else. Priority picks and youngsters are not going to help them in the next few years and then even if they use them perfectly they just provide an unfair advantage further down the line.

The afl can give them a leg up in administration and coaching but at the end of the day you can only show them the door. You can't open it and drag them through. 1. because they wouldn't learn anything and 2. because they don't deserve it.

Here is a team who systemically tanked and got let off with a slap on the wrist even though they jeopardised the integrity of the competition. They deserve to be booed and to feel like shit about themselves as a club, they cheated. Adversity either breeds strength or failure. They need to embrace the adversity, weed out the failure and build on the strength over time.

Honestly, I'd love the club to actually do that.

Keep the Joneses, Viney, Hogan, Toumpas, Gawn, Clark, Grimes and maybe Trengove. Sack everyone else. We'll have a mountain of picks in the PSD, just go through and pick anyone and everyone that will have a crack. Don't care if they're not good enough.

We're going to end up with a PP at this rate anyway.
Surely you would keep Howe.

It's not Neeld's fault his players don't give a ****.
Well it is. Coaching is essentially a leadership position with executive level pay. Anyone who has ever worked as a manager will know you're responsible for the performance of your underlings.

On a simple level if he can't motivation his players then he is not a good coach and should be sacked.

Well it is. Coaching is essentially a leadership position with executive level pay. Anyone who has ever worked as a manager will know you're responsible for the performance of your underlings.

On a simple level if he can't motivation his players then he is not a good coach and should be sacked.
They shouldn't need to be motivated to give two shits about a game they love and get paid to play.

They shouldn't need to be motivated to give two shits about a game they love and get paid to play.

So? How does that change anything? They obviously do need motivating , whether they should need motivating is a red herring.

And Evans, he disappears for portions of the game but he shows some ticker.
I know, if I think about it logically...but it's the whole ****ing unit.

I'm just so tired of losing. I'm so tired of trying to care. I'm so tired of having my hopes smashed within a 20 minute span weekend on weekend. I think I'm going to have to stop going, I try to emotionally detach but then I just don't enjoy it.

This sucks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread The Mark Neeld Mega-Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back