Mega Thread The Mark Neeld Mega-Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

its that attitude that will kill your club, everyone has a laugh at ninthmond and our failures , but hey we stuck by the club through thick thin, loads of manure and are still hanging in, you guys say oh its not fair give us more priority pics etc etc, harden the f up

So why do your supporters always say that when the Tigers start making the finals, you're going to fill the MCG? Shouldn't you guys be doing that anyway?

Also, more picks please.

So why do your supporters always say that when the Tigers start making the finals, you're going to fill the MCG? Shouldn't you guys be doing that anyway?

Also, more picks please.
Every club has its bandwagon supporters. We have a large core of loyal support though. Look at our membership total. We are the 4th highest despite not having played in finals for years! How do you explain that?

If I was Jackson, I'd say..here's a new contract for the next 3-5 years. You have total control of who's on the list and where they play.

By keeping him there it will ultimately prove successful.

I agree with you, I don't believe he is a dud coach, he has just been employed by a dud club.

The culture and systems are right out of whack and need to be brought up to speed with the leaders of the comp. Until that happens, you could have Norm Smith, Jock McHale & John Kennedy all in the box and it wouldn't matter diddley-squat !!!

Not so sure.

MCG members account for some attendees.

All unallocated seat memberships work out to well less than 20 per game.

Unallocated family of four works out to about 7 or 8 dollars per person, per game.

Yes, there are more expensive tickets but I am not sure they would bring the average up to 20.

I thought that, but also factored in corporate tickets/packages and though $20 would be an okay guess - either way, it costs them some serious cash playing footy like this.

I can't believe how lazy the players are, from kick ins their spread is absolutely non-existent.

There was one particular kick in where all the players were walking hands on hips with their back to the goals, all in a huge group. Only to stop, and all simultaneously point to the pocket with a "kick it to that guy!" motion.

At that point, I decided that this team can either sack just about everyone tonight at board/coach/admin level or die. Not much you can do about the players at this point in time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I apologise I havent read the whole thread, but what about the chances of Alister Clarkson become coach of Melbourne in 2014. He is an ex-Melbourne player, and his old mate Todd Viney is at the Dee's.
Jeff Kennett suggested at the start of the year that maybe it is time for Clarkson to move on and to get a fresh set of eyes in at Hawthorn.......Clarkson certainly didnt object to Kennett's comments.

Just putting it out there......??

I apologise I havent read the whole thread, but what about the chances of Alister Clarkson become coach of Melbourne in 2014. He is an ex-Melbourne player, and his old mate Todd Viney is at the Dee's.
Jeff Kennett suggested at the start of the year that maybe it is time for Clarkson to move on and to get a fresh set of eyes in at Hawthorn.......Clarkson certainly didnt object to Kennett's comments.

You would seriously question Clarkson's sanity if that happened!

I agree with you, I don't believe he is a dud coach, he has just been employed by a dud club.

The culture and systems are right out of whack and need to be brought up to speed with the leaders of the comp. Until that happens, you could have Norm Smith, Jock McHale & John Kennedy all in the box and it wouldn't matter diddley-squat !!!

Except there are already examples of coachs such as John Kennedy, Ron Barassi, Allen Jeans, and to a lesser extent but Hinkley this year.
Coach needs to drive the culture.

If I was Jackson, I'd say..here's a new contract for the next 3-5 years. You have total control of who's on the list and where they play.

By keeping him there it will ultimately prove successful.
He pissed off blokes like Moloney, Green, Rivers and Petterd for spuds like Pederson, Gillies, Brynes & Rodan.

He has overseen young players with potential like Frawley & Trengove regress at an alarming rate. Meanwhile spiking bullshit in press conferences about good training standards and other crap. And he has done all this while getting more coaching support and facilities than any other Melbourne coach has ever had.

Not even Clarko could spray these blokes enough to play any better, like Doctor Feel said a few posts ago the players have no heart atm.

He isn't the problem.

But I don't think he's helping either.
This...he obviously isn't able to motivate the players, so probably has to go. But the problems go far deeper than Mark Neeld and it looks like the players are deliberately not playing for the coach/club etc. A new coach will have the same problem unless those players are cut from the club.

I almost feel sorry for Neeld, he might be a good coach, but he never got to show it because the players appear to have sabotaged him. He will never recover from this.

Seriously if he was sacked, who would want to coach the Dees??

aap_8460_1200725_JohnWorsfold_800x600.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread The Mark Neeld Mega-Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back