Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

Is anyone else uncomfortable with 'godhatesfages'?

I mean it is clever ish but probably not the most inclusive hashtag in 2018. We can do better.

I mean it is clever ish but probably not the most inclusive hashtag in 2018. We can do better.

I don't see a problem with it personally.

From memory it was coined by tribey and he never struck me as a frothing homophobe.

Nope, it is actually taking the piss out of the homophobes at the same time.

Outsider's opinion — I think it is really funny. Any attempt to link it with the original expression is misunderstanding the wordplay.

I don't see a problem with it personally.

From memory it was coined by tribey and he never struck me as a frothing homophobe.

It isn’t homophobic or even suggesting that Fagan is homosexual. It’s just a play on words ffs.

From memory the original context was something along the lines of there’s so much going wrong for this guy that even God seems to be against him.

Tbh I'm uncomfortable with it and never use it, though I did used to use Kamry Krows Koorporation back on Bay 13 during the one white parent fiasco, which is probably the same.

Referencing an intolerant movement to take the piss out of Adelaide.

Sent from mTalk

Tbh I'm uncomfortable with it and never use it, though I did used to use Kamry Krows Koorporation back on Bay 13 during the one white parent fiasco, which is probably the same.

Referencing an intolerant movement to take the piss out of Adelaide.

Sent from mTalk
I really don't know why I'm getting involved in this - but I think this falls under the whole not acknowledging it to pretend it doesn't exist category.

Yeah the origins are clearly shit, but the intent of use here isn't to reinforce the original message. If anything - as noted by PB - it's more of a pisstake of the original version.

Yeah but you're on record saying it's ok to call people a ******.

Sent from mTalk

... in certain contexts — when the offense is meaningless, but used as a tool to achieve a particular goal. I made clear this "detail" people often choose to forget.

It is easier to disregard context, but then Justice is thrown out of the window. I don't think injustices are a proper way for achieving justice. I may be wrong, but at least I am giving myself a chance to be right...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While we can't control what offends people these days, the intended context is satire/humour meaning at best it's a clever word play and at worse it's not funny.

Did you know God also hates figs?

Really I’m not sure how the Crows can tolerate having a CEO who so brazenly uses a homophobic slur every time he writes his name.

The Film Actor's Guild will also need a talking to.

The problem is that Andrew Fagan's nickname is homophobic because it is similar to the word '****'.

/sarc

Hence the wordplay. I’m not sure how people are getting lost here.

It’s like Rick doing a preview podcast for the Geelong game and calling it “Stop the GOATS!” Apart from the rhyme it has absolutely nothing to do with immigration policy or the detention of refugees.

Yes I feel bit uncomfortable with it, same as I hate the term Crowtard.
Both relics from the past type of attitudes from some.
I'm sure we can do better these days, I mean he and his Crows constantly give us so much fresh ammunition...

Would we do the same if his name were Andrew Black?

Inb4 there's no equivalent saying for Black like there is for ***(e)s.

Just imagine there was for a sec and humour me.

Andrew Coon even.

Like the cheese.

Sent from mTalk

Andrew Coon even.

Like the cheese.

Sent from mTalk
what

Andrew Coon even.

Like the cheese.

Sent from mTalk

What a strange analogy.

But yes, I reckon a #blacksliesmatter would be happening.

Yes I feel bit uncomfortable with it, same as I hate the term Crowtard.
Both relics from the past type of attitudes from some.
I'm sure we can do better these days, I mean he and his Crows constantly give us so much fresh ammunition...
Crowtard isn't even in the same ballpark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back