Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol, we have a thread like that....it's called the Shakes Head thread.
The difference is that instead of one (or at the most) two media people niggling us, we have large multitudes of them.
We also object to inaccuracies, half-truths or outright lies, not to the scrutiny. During 2008-2012 we didn't accept spin from the club. If we had meekly taken everything fed to us as gospel, as Adelaide fans do, chances are we'd have had a compliant board falling into 'the zooper dooper wow wee upgrade to footy park - now with wings!' instead of fans applying the pressure, eventually leading to being at AO.

My mind just boggles at this. I lost a brother almost 9 years ago and would go nuts at an employer (directly or via this sort of deal) trying to use that for any work purpose now, so long after. Sam, with it so recent and raw, deserves a medal for not clocking someone or having a break down. Just WTF? How anyone can defend this, just has me questioning what sort of people are at that club or will blindly support it.
On a related note, I had to explain to the better half (Crows fan) who Todd Marshall was last weekend. Mentioned the passing of his mum late last year, she was surprised and originally thought I meant Hugh Greenwood because "it was all over the news".

Thinking about it now "of course it was, look who he plays for".

On a related note, I had to explain to the better half (Crows fan) who Todd Marshall was last weekend. Mentioned the passing of his mum late last year, she was surprised and originally thought I meant Hugh Greenwood because "it was all over the news".

Thinking about it now "of course it was, look who he plays for".
I think some on this board at the time commented that we preferred Todd's story not to be plastered all over the news. It's tough enough for the kid without that as well.

I think some on this board at the time commented that we preferred Todd's story not to be plastered all over the news. It's tough enough for the kid without that as well.
Agreed, and exactly what happened if my conversation was anything to go by.

"A lot of clubs these days can fall into the habit of looking to sell and spin and I think our audience is too smart for that and I don't think that's the way in which we want to operate.

It's about being willing to put your hand up when you make a mistake, it's about speaking as directly as you can to address issues, and as clubs, given the scrutiny we're under, sometimes we find it difficult to do that and we can become defensive.

That's not what we're going to do because we want to have the courage to be innovative and drive things and I speak in the office about the courage to throw 10 darts knowing that seven might land and three might miss." - Andrew Fagan, March 9, 2015

It's so nice to see someone practising what they preach, #godhatesfages. Maybe you looked at your dumb shit audience and realised that you could 'sell and spin'.

"A lot of clubs these days can fall into the habit of looking to sell and spin and I think our audience is too smart for that and I don't think that's the way in which we want to operate.

It's about being willing to put your hand up when you make a mistake, it's about speaking as directly as you can to address issues, and as clubs, given the scrutiny we're under, sometimes we find it difficult to do that and we can become defensive.

That's not what we're going to do because we want to have the courage to be innovative and drive things and I speak in the office about the courage to throw 10 darts knowing that seven might land and three might miss." - Andrew Fagan, March 9, 2015

It's so nice to see someone practising what they preach, #godhatesfages. Maybe you looked at your dumb shit audience and realised that you could 'sell and spin'.
un be **** a leive able

Haha shows how naive Fages was. Appointed September 2014 after finishing outside finals and that was before the 1st game in 2015. Was on the verge of getting his crows reality bullshit injection when he got that.

You've highlighted some great parts but missed another important one!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's nobody's business but the Turks'. :D
I’ll hold a grudge. Roman Empire > Ottoman Empire. I blame Diocletian for letting religion interfere with the state, they should have stuck to throwing Christians to the Lions. Now SHart has left do we have any Christians left to throw the Lions to on Saturday? :think:

I’ll hold a grudge. Roman Empire > Ottoman Empire. I blame Diocletian for letting religion interfere with the state, they should have stuck to throwing Christians to the Lions. Now SHart has left do we have any Christians left to throw the Lions to on Saturday? :think:

Byzantium > Constantinople > Istanbul.

Empire chat.... *Shakes Head*
Well I’ll equate the Basheer / Whicker era to the rule of Commodus, seeing decades of peace and prosperity for the SANFL be overtaken by corruption and mismanagement. We are Constantine I, set to reunite the divided SA football public, split since 1990 into the forces of good (Port) and shameless debauchry and excess (Adelaide). :D

Crows fans...
Blinkers-300x192.jpg

Needs longer ears if the truth be known.

The nerve of that pathetic excuse of a franchise to pretty much say "Don't say bad things about us, only say good things pls. The other team, on the other hand, we don't give a ****." Cop it on the chin Fages and move on. To try and damage a guy's reputation and attempt to strip him of a job is ****ing scummy too. Rooch needs to take #godhatesfages to Sue City.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back