Toast The media....*Nods Head*

Remove this Banner Ad

I know Campo mainly comments on Crows games but his objective analysis of our problems with contested possessions which he says go back even to when he was coaching the crows and in his words ( we can get em if we can match or beat them) is telling. In his opinion he reckons our pressure rating is good but that just means we’re chasing tail a lot.
As he sees it either the messaging is wrong or the players can’t or don’t follow instruction.
Whenever I’ve listened to him it always sounds like he has a very good understanding of the game and communicates it well to the listener.
Interesting. I've never listened to Campo.

Everyone laughed when I said Campo was a decent shout to take over from Ken about 5 years ago
I didn’t. He’s been out of the game for a while but seems an excellent communicator and I like the way he studies, reviews and explains how teams are going.
He took over the Crows at a time of crisis and galvanised them to play some pretty decent footy after Phil Walsh. I wouldn’t be opposed to him coming on as an assistant.

Nathan Bassett is a really interesting footy thinker to listen to, but would you want him as coach?

Nathan Bassett is a really interesting footy thinker to listen to, but would you want him as coach?

I would. Maybe not head coach but he is the type to be a good 2IC. I now he's not popular here but it was a strange move to get rid of him but keep Goldsack, and bring in Hartlett, Lobbe etc

Off the tope of my head, in the last five years we've lost Voss, Schofield, Montgomery, and Basset from our coaches box.

I reckon most here would jump at having at least one of them back.

I would. Maybe not head coach but he is the type to be a good 2IC. I now he's not popular here but it was a strange move to get rid of him but keep Goldsack, and bring in Hartlett, Lobbe etc

Off the tope of my head, in the last five years we've lost Voss, Schofield, Montgomery, and Basset from our coaches box.

I would have made him sanfl coach, but he would do things his way and that's not appreciated at Hinkleyville.

His way, as in, high press shitball?

He made 3 sanfl grand finals in 4 years and won 2 premierships. He knows how to coach at sanfl level.

Voss, Schofield, Montgomery, and Basset just screams 'All had problems with Ken and told him as such'.

I think it's ridiculous we've never hit Campo up for an assistant role.
Cant see Campo accepting a job as an assistant once his twin boys get drafted in November.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's ridiculous we've never hit Campo up for an assistant role.

We did... And he was keen to coach again.

But after his last coaching stint, was set up in business really well.

If he was brought in under Ken, he didn't have the faith that the regime would last, and he'd be flicked when the new coach came in.

Kudos to Dwayne Russell on SEN today. Called out Footy Classified and their Hypocrisy on fans. Matthew Lloyd said West Coast fans had accepted mediocrity by continuing to show up to games. Dwayne said “you can’t call that out and at the same time pot Port fans for not accepting 12 years of mediocrity”. Also mentioned the double standards of the media and their call for Beveridge to be sacked, yet a few months later protecting Ken Hinkley with an inferior record.

He’s good when he defends us. Just needs to do it more often.

Kudos to Dwayne Russell on SEN today. Called out Footy Classified and their Hypocrisy on fans. Matthew Lloyd said West Coast fans had accepted mediocrity by continuing to show up to games. Dwayne said “you can’t call that out and at the same time pot Port fans for not accepting 12 years of mediocrity”. Also mentioned the double standards of the media and their call for Beveridge to be sacked, yet a few months later protecting Ken Hinkley with an inferior record.

Heard that and I thought why hasnt he named The Apologist? I know he is a colleague at SEN but bag the bloke by naming him as well.

Dwayne Russell said this? Historically one of the card carrying members of the Hinkley protection racket. Weird.

Dwayne Russell said this? Historically one of the card carrying members of the Hinkley protection racket. Weird.
He has changed. He has backed Tredders. I'm sure he has has been talking a lot to his good mate George Fiacchi.

.Just said Hinkley might be an 8 out of 10 coach but he cant beat the best sides and the media are now saying it.

He then went on about NTUA and said the media dont undestand. He said booing is the only voice some of the fans have.

His commentary is pantomine, he wants to maximize the buzz so he doesnt build his old side up like other commentators do theirs, but he knows us and our fans, and what built the club.

He has changed. He has backed TreddersIm sure he has has been talking a lot to his good mate George Fiacchi.

.Just said Hinkley might be an 8 out of 10 coach but he cant beat the best sidea and the media are now saying it.

He then went on about NTUA and said the media dont undestanding. He said booing is the only voice some of the fans have.

His commentary is pantomine, he wants to maximize the buzz so he doesnt build his old side like other commentators do their, but he knows us our fans, and what built the club.

Seems he read my text too during an ad break. He says he reads them all, just a few on air though.

Nice one calling out the hypocrisy of the media re: West Coast and Port fans. The vitriolic attack on Port fans by Caroline Wilson, Damian Barrett, Andrew Gaze and Gerard Whateley amongst others has been disgraceful. What other means are there to a fed up fan base to voice their displeasure than booing or not turning up. It doesn't help we're not a member elect club anymore. The board answers to no one. That is why Tredrea is so important to us fans and why he is being attacked too by those same journalists.

Onya Dwayne, I knew a Port heart still beat there somewhere under that Hawaiian shirt ;)

Someone send him a block of Caramello chocolate. :D

Kane or Whateley?
Kane is the Apologist - he owes Ken for his 300 game finish and info when he calls him on speed dial and is supposed to be a Port person.

Whateley is just a Geelong fan of his favourite player as a kid.

Whateley is just a Geelong fan of his favourite player as a kid.
That's not an adequate explanation for his behaviour. My favourite player as a kid was Stuart Dew, I still think he was a shit coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back