Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark Stevens says of umpires "we must show them respect". Sure, young and inexperienced umpires definitely must be afforded respect, there can be no two ways about this. Experienced umpires must also be shown respect but they should also not do things to lose that respect. Suspending Moore for three matches just set them up as people who consider themselves more important than footballers or the game, and will not earn them that respect.

the bridge is a massive failure, as is the railway station logjam
The bridge is fine for the march but when everyone is returning after the game then it gets filled up so quickly that you are doing a shuffle to get across it. I used the bridge once and now go by Elder Park. Takes me less time even if I go up to the lights at North Tce and King William. And it usually means I get at least the second train.

Shame they didnt make it as wide as originally designed to save some money, they should have dropped the bit at the end to no where/water feature.

Built specifically for AFL and it cant handle the after match crowds.

Shame they didnt make it as wide as originally designed to save some money, they should have dropped the bit at the end to no where/water feature.

Built specifically for AFL and it cant handle the after match crowds.

How much wider was it meant to be?

View attachment 137555
The flog just cant help himself can he. We need to boo the sh*t out of him next home game. No doubt he'll be there because Fox seem to think he's a great commentator for Port games
Roo has played in games with lower scores than this, one where Adelaide didn't even score one point in the first and third quarters.

These were :
R20 1994, 34 points against Footscray, now Western Bulldogs.
R19 1994, 38 points against Geelong.
R20 1999, 41 points against Sydney. Also lost by 118.
R19 1995, 42 points against West Coast.

Dishonourable mention : Total score of 95 (48 home and 47 away) against Hawthorn in 1994.

Break out the mole hair shirts! We've lost a few games!
I don't enjoy losing: who does? But I can sort of accept a loss, such as the one against Freo, if the boys give it their all, but the opposition was just that little bit better. Can we say that about our last 2 losses? I hardly think so!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adam Goodes gets booed because he called out a racist at the G. That offended the undercurrent of Australia's racist sensibilities that sit just below the surface of the self-appointed good folk.

The commentators are too weak to even comment on it. Even the relentless booing of Franklin (which is at least the result of his switching clubs) was largely ignored until late in the game because then they might have had to mention Goodes copping it.
That is a bit tough and a bit simplistic. I'm sure Goodes regrets that incident. She was a 10 year old girl making a racist comment. She was taken away by the police, interrogated on her own for an hour ( what were they asking?) commonsense just flew out the window. Goodes was sheepish about the issue himself 1-2 days later. Racism is unacceptable but the way that girl was treated was also unacceptable and I think Goodes regrets it. He doesn't desrve to be booed for it now though. Interesting that no one is booing Eddie who grandstanded around than night and then made equally unacceptable comments as a grown media savvy man 1-2 days later, let off the hook because he was tired

That is a bit tough and a bit simplistic. I'm sure Goodes regrets that incident. She was a 10 year old girl making a racist comment. She was taken away by the police, interrogated on her own for an hour ( what were they asking?) commonsense just flew out the window. Goodes was sheepish about the issue himself 1-2 days later. Racism is unacceptable but the way that girl was treated was also unacceptable and I think Goodes regrets it. He doesn't desrve to be booed for it now though. Interesting that no one is booing Eddie who grandstanded around than night and then made equally unacceptable comments as a grown media savvy man 1-2 days later, let off the hook because he was tired
Goodes wasn't responsible for her treatment by Police. He wouldn't regret it and he did the right thing - you can't pick and choose who you dob in as a racist.

100% agree on Eddie, he should've been sacked. Especially given he was on thin ice after homophobic commentary during the Winter Olympics

the bridge is not a failure and the railway station logjam is not much of an issue. Its called living in a city, which is what half of Adelaideans forget that they live in - a city, not a little town, of which even by American standards, a city of over 1.3 million is a large city.

I think you will fit in fine at the Adelaide Now comments section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back