Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah but Some things never change.

Page 85 of today's Monopoly Times...

This article is total ******** and it is time Graham Cornes was called out by the PAFC. Cornes' myopic view does not recognise that this situation has arisen because the PAFC has made a conscious attempt go with youth. Today we have a short injury list and seven relative newcomers in our side in Rozee, Duursma, Drew, Ladhams, Butters, Garner and Farrell. The net result is that some experienced AFL players will play in the SANFL. The current situation is the exception rather than the rule.

A couple of pertinent points...
  • Why headline the Port Magpies, the Crows are on top of the ladder?
  • Where was Cornes when we were trying to cope with eight first choice players out earlier in the year?
  • Neither Port nor the Crows has won a single SANFL Premiership since the introduction of the AFL reserves teams into the SANFL.
  • Cornes cannot handle Port in the SANFL and he continues to push his 'split personality' argument that he has used since 1996. We don't need any help in recognising our Club identity Graham as we know who we are - We are Port Adelaide.
  • What does Cornes what? - an SANFL in which the AFL Reserves teams are simply there to make up the numbers. Is his next step to suggest that the Magpies and Crows do not play for Premiership Points?
  • Cornes tries to evoke sympathy for North Adelaide but is that his real motivation? If Glenelg were not in the running for the 2019 SANFL Premiership would he be as outspoken?
  • Does Cornes really believe the manure he has written or is it simply another of his feeble attempts to stir the pot and sell some papers at the expense of the Port Adelaide Football Club?
On the credit side Cornes does argue for an AFL Reserves competition but that isn't going to happen anytime soon and in the meantime we play in the system that was worked out by the AFL clubs in concert with the SANFL. We cannot simply change the rules every time the AFL clubs have a short injury list. Why knock Port Adelaide to push the merits of an AFL Reserves competition? Unless of course you simply do not like Port.

If we haven't already we never will. Should of never let the cornes name into the club. Come at me with but but great players i say over rated and selfish players.

If we haven't already we never will. Should of never let the cornes name into the club. Come at me with but but great players i say over rated and selfish players.

Rubbish.

Chad Cornes can be called many many things but he wasn’t overrated in any way. **** me he was just about the best player in the comp at one stage.

Yeah as much as I love to laugh at/contribute to the ChadBro memery, his contribution to the club as a player is phenomenal.

His celebrations after the 04 GF showed how much he loved the club and the supporters.

You have to be on some sort of fishing expedition.

Both Cornes boys played over 230 games for us and were key components in our one and only AFL Premiership and both were All Australians during their careers. There is no way these guys were over rated and to have a shot at them because of their prejudiced old man is well out of order and in line with Graham Cornes' twisted logic.

Rubbish.

Chad Cornes can be called many many things but he wasn’t overrated in any way. **** me he was just about the best player in the comp at one stage.

I think I might be the unofficial "Boot Chad Cornes" club president, but his ability on the field can't be denied. During 2006-07 he was neck and neck with Adam Goodes for best player in the comp. Went head to head with Goodes at the SCG in 2006 and gave him a lesson.

Last edited:
I knew it wouldn't be a popular post but it's my opinion agree to disagree. At the end of the day they were all much better footballers than me and i know internet post are from the cheap seats but i cant stand any of them.

I knew it wouldn't be a popular post but it's my opinion agree to disagree. At the end of the day they were all much better footballers than me and i know internet post are from the cheap seats but i cant stand any of them.

You don’t have to like someone to respect them as a footballer.

You don’t have to like someone to respect them as a footballer.
Fair enough but i still think chad is over rated . Was recruited as a kpf couldn't cut it there then spent most of his career as a 3rd defender or loose man in defence. Wasn't the best team man and disliked bye many team mates as was his brother.
But that's just my opinion and obviously not a popular 1 but i know many supporters who feel the same.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough but i still think chad is over rated . Was recruited as a kpf couldn't cut it there then spent most of his career as a 3rd defender or lose man in defence. Wasn't the best team man and disliked bye many team mates as was his brother.
But that's just my opinion and obviously not a popular 1 but i know many supporters who feel the same.

Last time I’ll respond to this crap.

3rd defender or lose (sic) man in defence doesn’t get All Australian, regarded as the best CHB in the game and pick up Jonathan Brown in a GF.

ON FIELD Chad Cornes was a superstar

Get over your bias because it is clearly effecting your judgement.

Last time I’ll respond to this crap.

3rd defender or lose (sic) man in defence doesn’t get All Australian, regarded as the best CHB in the game and pick up Jonathan Brown in a GF.

ON FIELD Chad Cornes was a superstar

Get over your bias because it is clearly effecting your judgement.
Don't give a shit if you think im bias or not have a right to have an opinion just like you. Enjoy the game hope we get the win👍.

Yeah, but he actually isn’t too bad to listen to. Wait until we end up with Tex one day and then you’ll really be complaining, not that you will have a clue what he is saying.
Don't even be saying that re Tex.
Jenkins isn't too bad, but this is a Port game. It's crap...absolute crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back