Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Tredrea
2. Gray
3. Wanganeen

You could make a compelling argument for any of the following, depending on record, accolades and/or ability without there being a definitively clear standout.

4. Boak/Cornes/Lade/Kornes

Primus (137 games), Wingard (147) and Francou (156) were genuinely elite at their best, but they’re hurt by longevity.

Chad gets it for me at this stage simply because of the terrifyingly dominant player he was in the 2004-2008 era. None of the other contenders for the 4th slot have been in that best player in the league conversation at any point in their careers. If you could draft an 18yo version of any one of those 4, it'd be Chad IMO.

Boak takes that spot if he wins a Premiership, a Brownlow or 2 more AA guernseys IMO.

Top 3 is set to me.

At 4th I would have Wakelin 5th Lade..

I know it's being discussed in the general AFL thread but how Mike Smithson hasn't set up camp in his wheelie bin command centre outside the Gibbs residence is beyond f***ed.

Why hasn't Elspeth Hussey started Facebook messaging bikies and Glenelg TAB regulars en masse for as much muck as she can rake?

Cowards and frauds.

Imagine if it was Hamish Hartlett or Sam Powell-Pepper.

I know it's being discussed in the general AFL thread but how Mike Smithson hasn't set up camp in his wheelie bin command centre outside the Gibbs residence is beyond f***ed.

Why hasn't Elspeth Hussey started Facebook messaging bikies and Glenelg TAB regulars en masse for as much muck as she can rake?

Cowards and frauds.

It’s almost as if a privileged member of SA footy royalty is better protected/connected than a young indigenous man from an especially difficult background.

At least the AFLPA came out swinging in response to claims problem gambling is a pressing issue for its members, including Dangerfield opening himself up to the prospect of litigation as part of his stinging comments aimed at Gambling Counsellor Jan Beames.

Because you wouldn’t want your members being accused of doing things they’ve actually done, as opposed to things they actually didn’t.

But in fairness, we don’t know if President Dange’ sent SPP a ‘good luck mate’ hamper on the sly and there’s always the possibility, however slim, that Smithspeth has been gagged with their Woodward & Bernsteinesque exposé of Puntgate all ready to go.

Cowards and frauds.

Oh snap

Cowards and frauds.

The double standard is obvious, but that doesn't mean I actually want to see journos harassing Gibbs. What happened to SPP and Ryder was ****ed. Two wrongs don't make a right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is anyone really surprised that the SA media is loaded with Crows sycophants? There's no investigative journalism or even anything that would qualify as journalism. It's a propaganda machine. Do as I did, tune out and don't consume their trash product.

The double standard is obvious, but that doesn't mean I actually want to see journos harassing Gibbs. What happened to SPP and Ryder was f’ed. Two wrongs don't make a right.
Oh I couldn't agree more. It's the double standard I'm annoyed about. If it was just the lack of overall media coverage I'd have posted more as it came to light.

Cowards and frauds.

Elspeth would need to go burrowing amongst the riff raff that reside well beyond the TAB spectrum, and see and go places she probably had no idea even existed for this one.

The Crapvertiser doing there best again. (Cummings played for 4 AFL clubs but only 1 mentioned in this tweet)
bd205afe95967116a4626fa7af4b3fe7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Oh I couldn't agree more. It's the double standard I'm annoyed about. If it was just the lack of overall media coverage I'd have posted more as it came to light.
It's not just bias against Port here. It's Seven as a broadcaster doesn't want to criticise gambling (word from AFL is they can't is more likely) since they directly (or indirectly via the AFL's sponsors contributing to money in the game) get money from these companies. And even the non-broadcasters won't touch it as they want to be able to bid to be broadcasters again at some point. The one broadcaster I'm disappointed in here is the ABC. They aren't and won't ever be an AFL broadcaster and are generally anti-Gambling. They should be all over this, even if the commercial media aren't.

Beating up on a young Indigenous player isn't going to piss off any sponsors or the AFL, calling out gambling is. This is worse than the anti-Port bias. The anti-Port bias shits us Port supporters, but it's not destroying families every week. I'm sure a large portion of us here could point to either a family member or friend whose risked or suffered financial or family breakdown due to gambling.

Last edited:
The Crapvertiser doing there best again. (Cummings played for 4 AFL clubs but only 1 mentioned in this tweet)

"Former Fremantle player Andrew McLeod is in hot water after he ..."

... The one broadcaster I'm disappointed in here is the ABC. They aren't and won't ever be an AFL broadcaster and are generally anti-Gambling. They should be all over this, even if the commercial media aren't.
This is not the type of story that the ABC run with. They might do a story on the issue of problem gambling where this may get a mention.

Former Crows players has a dark past when he glassed his girlfriend.

I should get a job there. Apparently there is a vacancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back