Club History The Moment

Remove this Banner Ad

May 6, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
With 1:19 left, Essendon with the momentum puts the ball deep into their forward pocket as Howlett gathers the ball and steps foot towards goal.
ENTER Bernard Vince. Bernie lays the perfect tackle dropping his knees and bringing Howlett to ground only to then roll to his side to ensure a cheap free kick is not paid. The ball spills free.

ENTER Cameron Pederson. The brut of a man, gets the hardball get metres from the boundary line, has the mindset to not concede the ball over the line but to flip Heath Hocking over his shoulder and then have the vision and composure to loop the handball over to the Skipper.

ENTER Nat Jones. The skipper who was once maligned by fans across the code as an ordinary kick, decides to swing onto his opposite, and hits a nice kick to the defender turned Forward in Frawley, who is one against 2, he is unfairly dealt with but still manages to bring the ball to ground, and with it goes Stanton and Hurley.

ENTER Jordie McKenzie. Jordie manages to gather the crumbs, runs within centimetres of the boundary and breaks the incoming Hurley tackle. He has the vision to give it back to Frawley, who returns with another looping handball back to the hard running Jordie McKenzie.

McKenzie sucks in Dempsey, and in typical Mckenzie fashion, dishes out the handball inboard and cops the hit.

ENTER Tom McDonald. McDonald receives the ball, tucks it under his arm, and he's off, takes a bounce, notices there aren't any clear options ahead, and handballs further in board to Tyson. Tyson, like Mckenzie before him waits until he's about to be tackled and dishes it onto another hard running Dee.

ENTER Jack Viney. Viney hits the ball at full speed, he goes to handball to Cross, but realises there is an Essendon player coming ready to tackle, so he holds on deviates to his left, arches his back, gets past the defender and handballs it over to the veteran who is now clear.

ENTER Daniel Cross. He gathers and has 3 players ahead, Dawes to his right, and Viney to his left, and Salem dead in front, he effortlessly chips it to the laser.

ENTER Christian Salem. The sub, takes the mark, thinks about handballing over the top to Dawes, but with experience beyond his years, he understands the crazy situation that is ahead. The little time that may be left. He decides to take it upon himself. With 19 seconds left he waltzes in as cool as farking ice slots it straight through the high diddle diddle.

Ironically, Salem was a die-hard Bomber fan as a kid, and in an interview I watched he recalled one of his favorite moments being the Zaharakis' match-winning goal on Anzac day. Today, I think he has a new favourite sporting moment, and judging by the celebration, he's now officially a die-hard Demon

It just seems like one of those crazy scripts, you just couldn't think of writing. But at the end of the day that's what our boys did. I don't know if it's going to be the game that establishes the future of this club. But by God it's as good a chance as any other.

Last edited:
We had a similar situation until Tutt kicked the sealer with 1:17 to go.

I'm glad that both our teams got up today against the odds and naysayers.. Go Dogs, Go Dees

We had a similar situation until Tutt kicked the sealer with 1:17 to go.

I'm glad that both our teams got up today against the odds and naysayers.. Go Dogs, Go Dees

I stopped watching Melbourne in the second quarter and watched the Bulldogs pull of an amazing win against the Pies, I then switched back to our game and fair to say its been one of the great afternoons for Dees and Dogs supporters

The play itself certainly started with Pedo and his break tackle. Got everyone going, inspirational stuff.

Just want to mention Vince though and the textbook tackle he laid causing the spillage in the first place. With a minute to go and behind by less than a kick an inexperienced player may have been overzealous with that kind of tackle and given away a free but I thought Vince was excellent.

Fantastic post, though it should start a little earlier with ENTER Bernie Vince. The flashy recruit senses the moment with a perfect, inspirational tackle which leads to a spillage allowing...

The play itself certainly started with Pedo and his break tackle. Got everyone going, inspirational stuff.

Just want to mention Vince though and the textbook tackle he laid causing the spillage in the first place. With a minute to go and behind by less than a kick an inexperienced player may have been overzealous with that kind of tackle and given away a free but I thought Vince was excellent.

Exactly what I was going to say

Bern started this play

I must also pay props to zaka after the goal

He tried his guts out to win it for the dons

Exactly what I was going to say

Bern started this play

I must also pay props to zaka after the goal

He tried his guts out to win it for the dons

Zaka is pretty unlucky
2 Clutch goals from 50 in the last 5 minutes is a huge effort

Is their anyone better in the last quarter on the run than him

The last two minutes are on DeeTV if anyone enjoys going through a heart attack twice in a night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zaka is pretty unlucky
2 Clutch goals from 50 in the last 5 minutes is a huge effort

Is their anyone better in the last quarter on the run than him

Not to detract from our win but he was a champion

Look at him in the play after salems goal

He just tried and tried and tried

Fair play, he was mega

Not to detract from our win but he was a champion

Look at him in the play after salems goal

He just tried and tried and tried

Fair play, he was mega
Was he the one who refused injections? Offer our first round pick immediately

Watched that play from the afl members wing.. Best passage of play i've ever witnessed live and probably will be the best for the foreseeable future.

One of the best things I've ever read. Was just as good as watching the footage. Very well written! In other news, I saw this and I now have to share it...

1zbw56v.jpg

As mods, we have to ensure that obscenities and swear filter avoidance doesn't get through so regretfully I'm going to have to pretend I never saw that post CM Sean

Remove this Banner Ad

Back