The next AFL dynasty

Remove this Banner Ad

To me it’s Collingwood, because this year they have one big advantage over both the Blues and Swans, the experience and know how to get the job done on the biggest stage on GF day! Carlton haven’t made one this century, so they have no idea what comes with participating in a GF, & the Swans will have to confront their Demons from 2022, especially Heeney & Gulden, two players who are taking the competition by storm, but in that GF one was the direct match up to the Norm Smith Medallist, & the other basically didn’t touch it.

Had Brisbane won last year and the way their season is turning around, they would have been my number one. Syd/Carl have to be the obvious choices on current form. How anyone could think that a team that just fell over the line in the GF and beat North by a point last week has dynasty potential is beyond me. Hawks dynasty starts in 2025 btw.

Last edited:
I could exactly the same thing back to you. I have no special dislike of Carlton or anything, it's just that what seems inevitable in the league often doesn't come to pass. A lot of people thought St Kilda would win multiple premierships in the late 00s.

I’m not saying it will happen either. I mean it could but a lot has to go right to even win one flag, as saints of 2000s show.

I think we should be in contention for the next 4-5 years, but doesn’t mean we win one.

Or we win 1 or more.

I think we have more chance than say west coast, north or Geelong in the same period for example.

To me it’s Collingwood, because this year they have one big advantage over both the Blues and Swans, the experience and know how to get the job done on the biggest stage on GF day! Carlton haven’t made one this century, so they have no idea what comes with participating in a GF, & the Swans will have to confront their Demons from 2022, especially Heeney & Gulden, two players who are taking the competition by storm, but in that GF one was the direct match up to the Norm Smith Medallist, & the other basically didn’t touch it.

Not sure that really matters re GF experience, I mean if all other things are equal then possibly.

In recent times Dogs, Richmond and Melbourne all won with bugger all GF experience.

Also this thread was about a dynasty, which I assume who can win multiple flags in the remainder of this decade.

I’m not saying it will happen either. I mean it could but a lot has to go right to even win one flag, as saints of 2000s show.

I think we should be in contention for the next 4-5 years, but doesn’t mean we win one.

Or we win 1 or more.

I think we have more chance than say west coast, north or Geelong in the same period for example.
I agree with all of that.

One people haven’t mentioned is Gold Coast with all the talent they have coming through.
I'm absolutely with you. The academy is stacked and the depth of it ridiculous. You just have to go out to country QLD and see how strong the leagues are now. In places that never had AFL before. They will be scary and they have to pay sweet F all for them.

I'm absolutely with you. The academy is stacked and the depth of it ridiculous. You just have to go out to country QLD and see how strong the leagues are now. In places that never had AFL before. They will be scary and they have to pay sweet F all for them.

Well soon maybe more than they did before, but still first dibs.

FWIW I’m in favour of academies.

Had Brisbane won last year and the way their season is turning around, they would have been my number one. Syd/Carl have to be the obvious choices on current form. How anyone could think that a team that just fell over the line in the GF and lost to North by a point last week has dynasty potential is beyond me. Hawks dynasty starts in 2025 btw.
I agree. Mainly because the team you described doesn't exist

Not sure that really matters re GF experience, I mean if all other things are equal then possibly.

In recent times Dogs, Richmond and Melbourne all won with bugger all GF experience.

Also this thread was about a dynasty, which I assume who can win multiple flags in the remainder of this decade.
I’m well aware of what the thread is about, and I’m saying I believe Collingwood will win multiple flags this decade, and IMO that will be achieved this year, I have the flag race down to three. Now don’t get me wrong I hope like hell I’m wrong, I’d love it to be my team (even though I know it won’t be) but to me come a crunch PF or GF I’m backing in the Pies if I had to put a wager on it. And if the ladder goes how I’m expecting it’ll be a Pies vs Blues QF with the winner getting a rails run to a GF, & the loser going to Sydney for a PF…. There’s some projecting in that I know, but hey it’s only my opinion. I do take your point on past teams playing off with little experience & winning, but gee the Pies are hard to kill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree. Mainly because the team you described doesn't exist
Ok, error in original post is corrected and you know I meant “beat”. Anyhow, if Collingwood can somehow navigate the difficult run home and remain in the eight, let alone jag another GF, I still wouldn’t be prepared to call this a dynasty team.

Carlton will be lucky to jag one flag.

Collingwood never do it.

The Richmond one is hilarious... three of the shittest flags ever.

Collingwood never do it.

Winning a premiership is very hard, especially in an 18-team competition. You take them anyway you can, even if they're labelled "shit".

Collingwood never do it.

You support Freo and you're trying to talk like an expert on flag quality? Your pathetic club would take anything.

I hate the Tiges as much as the next Blues fan but 3 flags = 3 flags.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back