Banter The No Dazzlering Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If a kid who just turned 19 makes two tons for NSW the hype metre is going to get turned up very quickly.
You would hope the Aussie selectors don't rush him into the side, especially against the world's best bowling attack.

Ideally he'll have a full summer of state cricket to cut his teeth. It'll also let us see a fuller body of work.

For Green's sake I hope the $$$ he got from the IPL was worth it. If he has more back surgery then by my counting it'll be his 4th or 5th time and you'd have to think his future as a bowler (other than gentle mediums off a few paces) is in serious doubt.

Maybe as a last chance saloon he should contact D.Lillee. He managed to save Cummins career.

You would hope the Aussie selectors don't rush him into the side, especially against the world's best bowling attack.

Ideally he'll have a full summer of state cricket to cut his teeth. It'll also let us see a fuller body of work.
I think if he gets twin tons and more in the next Shield games, he's a sneaky chance.

I think they want another opening bat and to drop Smith back down to 4.
If they're going to do that, take a punt on the kid I reckon.

We've already been to the well with Banners, Harris and Renshaw.

If a kid who just turned 19 makes two tons for NSW the hype metre is going to get turned up very quickly.

No doubt some CA idiots will get into his ear about not scoring quickly enough and getting picked if he can show more "aggression". Then we lose a couple of years to his head being scrambled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter The No Dazzlering Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back