Banter The No Dazzlering Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Up the Lankas
I love hearing English journos this morning saying you cant blame Bazball, the Sri Lanka's just bowled well etc, when both of the Poms openers got out trying to hit the ball to the ****ing moon.

I’d sack Hinkley if we don’t get up

Nothing a sporting English ball change can't overcome.

They've even released pictures of what's in the box for the umpires to select from to allay any concerns:

1725850282128.png

Up the Lankas
Not wrong.

Living with the continual Bazball, Ben Stokes, Jimmy Anderson as mentor, isn't Ollie Pope/Ben Duckett/Joe Root great is nauseating.

And now they've expanded the role of that NZ (C U (in the) Northern Territory) to include the White Ball teams I now support whoever is playing against England. The dirty, hypocritical, 'spirit of the game' **** can take his re-named aggressive cricket (that he claims credit for; as if his was the first team to play attacking cricket... W***er) and jam his white ball and his red ball... you get the idea.

Wasn't exactly a great look, McCullum reclining on the balcony, feet up, while his BazBall tactics threw away a Test match for no real reason down below. Great night of viewing.
Already banked the moral victory

Wtf I thought Root had similar runs to Smith in tests. Over 12,000 and just went past Sangakkara yesterday. Though Pale’s in Comparison to Smith and Sanga

Wtf I thought Root had similar runs to Smith in tests. Over 12,000 and just went past Sangakkara yesterday. Though Pale’s in Comparison to Smith and Sanga
1725886256264.png

Wonder where he will end up. Will go past Cook soon enough, but will he still be playing in time to catch Dravid, Kallis and Ponting?

Going by tests played of those around him, you'd say he might have 20 more in him. Would take just on 50 per test match to do it, which you'd think he should do taking into account second innings.

View attachment 2106356

Wonder where he will end up. Will go past Cook soon enough, but will he still be playing in time to catch Dravid, Kallis and Ponting?

Going by tests played of those around him, you'd say he might have 20 more in him. Would take just on 50 per test match to do it, which you'd think he should do taking into account second innings.
He’s a good chance to knock ponting off. 33 and over the last 4 season has scored +1000 twice and on the way to his third. Kinda hilarious that Englands best two bats sit so highly in the all time runs and yet is still a few leagues below alot of the batsmen around them and even the ones they’ve out scored

He’s a good chance to knock ponting off. 33 and over the last 4 season has scored +1000 twice and on the way to his third. Kinda hilarious that Englands best two bats sit so highly in the all time runs and yet is still a few leagues below alot of the batsmen around them and even the ones they’ve out scored
tbh I'm surprised Kallis scored that many runs. I always felt like he was overrated somewhat.

View attachment 2106356

Poms play more tests than anyone else, they have 17 through the Ashes next summer, so I'd say he has at least 30 more in him, possibly 40-50 and if he keeps his form of the past few years up, he's an outside chance of getting Sachin.

Poms play more tests than anyone else, they have 17 through the Ashes next summer, so I'd say he has at least 30 more in him, possibly 40-50 and if he keeps his form of the past few years up, he's an outside chance of getting Sachin.

This popped up on my feed a week or so ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joe Root doesn't perform well in Australia but I think he deserves to be in the conversation with those guys around him. Criminally underrated here in Australia.
Maybe it’s cause I grew up on watching those guys but for me those guys were much better and the quality of bowling was better and the oppo they faced. Smith can fall into that category but his peak was God level of a peak

tbh I'm surprised Kallis scored that many runs. I always felt like he was overrated somewhat.

drphil-laugh.gif

I think Sobers has them all covered (personally) but Kallis is right in the discussion for best of the rest of the all-rounders with Wasim, Botham, Miller, Jadeja (sick) et al. He was just a stodgy kind of player to watch.

Stolen from Reddit somewhere:

1725928114884.png

Nobody who averaged over 40 with the bat has averaged below 30 with the ball. I'm surprised at that.

With the mark set at 1000 runs and 100 wickets minimum there are literally only Sobers, Kallis and Greig (40.43) who averaged over 40.

I suggest that indicates it is incredibly difficult to bowl at test standard and be a formidable batsman.

Flat out freaks.

1725931951165.png

His stats are very solid against us but shy of his career averages. South Africa had a very strong side with some great players as you mention.

G.Smith averaged 32.5 against us vs career 48.25
ABD edged out his career average of 50.7 with 51.7
Gibbs average dropped 10 runs against us, 31.6 vs career 41.95

Kallis' test career vs Australia reads:
7 wins, 4 draws and 18 losses

It isn't called the golden age of Australian cricket for no reason. If you only really followed Australian cricket through this period no one really looks like much chop because we dominated the sport, ruthlessly.

I found Kallis a pretty boring player to watch to be honest. He was no doubt the best All-rounder of our generation, with an argument for all time, and an amazing player. Very tough player who eeked every bit of talent out of himself. But I just found him boring to watch for some reason- bit of an enigma.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter The No Dazzlering Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back