List Mgmt. The Nominated Rookie post Round 12 (Bye)

Remove this Banner Ad

Axcellence

Cancelled
St Kilda - Player Sponsor Nathan Wright 2015 St Kilda - Nathan Wright Player Sponsor 2014 St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2010 Player Sponsor
Jul 9, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Surprise!
After round 12's bye, assuming we don't have any more LTI's - we will have to pick just 1 rookie out of these:-

Schneider
Saad
Sinclair
Payne
Holmes

---

Which one should it be? The way rookies are playing the seniors, it would be one of Schneider or Sinclair.

I am saying we pick Sinclair. As much as Schneider has performed well - it is time to call time. We need to get ready for 2018, and picking Schneider doesn't help that. So, Sinclair it is. It might mean some more losses in 2015 - but it's not about that. This is about setting up for 2018 and we should treat this decision, irrespective of how bloody minded this might look for Schneider.

I would say Schneider.

We have had a glimpse of Sinclair, let him develop in the ressies while we use his spot to have a look at Saunders, Siposs, Markworth and Minchington to work out who stays and who goes.

Give each of them 3-4 full games to show what they can do.

Schneider's running capacity will be more important as the season wears on. The kids will tire and running two ways will get that much harder. Schneider will help lighten the load on the younger players in those final weeks.

Only Bruce has kicked more goals this season than Sinclair. A fantastic effort from a kid in his first season. Would be very disappointed if he did not get elevated mid season.

I reckon snids is a lock to be the mid year upgrade with sinc the first to be elevated when we have a season ender or when they start putting guys in surgery early like they did last year and upgrade him with 6 or so weeks to go

I wish the system allowed you to swap them around a bit. Would be nice to be able to get Holmes on the field in the last bit of the season.
Yeah, I played with that crazy thought, too.

It'd be a kick up the pants of Hickey and Longer, now wouldn't it?!

Yeah, I played with that crazy thought, too.

It'd be a kick up the pants of Hickey and Longer, now wouldn't it?!
I'm sure lewi pierce would be over the moon aswell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure lewi pierce would be over the moon aswell
Yeah, I think Pierce would be more than aware that he's still in development, and is at least a year away from seniors. Holmes is a mature age recruit - he's not going to be happy languishing on the rookie list indefinitely.

Romantic to upgrade Sinclair.
But surely smarter to Schneider in what could be his last year,
Leadership invaluable.
Doubt Sinclair could run out the entire season in the 1s anyway.

Schneider first, and with his record he's likely to get injured at some stage, so we will probably get the best of both of them.

Please elevate Sinks at R12.

:hearts:The kid. He can play:footy::thumbsu: and will be a long term gun with us.:rainbow:

Fox Footy just showed a replay of the 2006 GF which Judd captained and it was interesting to see Schneids playing for Sydney. Kicked a good goal late in the last quarter to bring them back within a point. It's easy to forget that he is one of just two on our list who has played in a premiership.

Ancient History

holmes.jpg

DSS_94371.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. The Nominated Rookie post Round 12 (Bye)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back