The Non-Footy Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno if the right thread, but I watched Sprint on Netflix, a terrific doco about the best 100m and 200m sprinters on the planet, Noah Lyles is a bloody weapon. His little clip below didn’t go down well after he won the double at the athletic world champs. Not that he was wrong.

Most of the way through Receiver now, a doco following a handful of NFL wide receivers during the 2023 season. Absolutely great viewing, the ego and personality on these guys is amazing. And the media access to players after a game is something else, George Kittle is a ripper.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry guys for the delay in getting back to ya's but I've been in Paris (pronounced "paree" by the locals) for Le Tour. Had a great fortnight speaking to icons of the sport like Brian Cockhard & Matts Disturbin. Top blokes. And because I went to Israel Premier Tech for years 9 & 10, I have certain entitlements when they are racing. It was great hanging back with the teams after a stage - Group Armour FDJ, Visma Lisa Bike, LPC Dekoning, Boral Hands-Grower.... they're all well-oiled machines.
It reminded me of when I barracked for the US Postal Service & I had the star-sprinkled banner tattooed across my chest. Lance & the guys loved it except for George Hincapie who tried to give me a nipple cripple. I decided to nip him in the butt there and then. I moon-walked over to him while chugging down an Egg Flip Big M. I could feel some milk dribbling down my chin so I began flicking my lips while eye-balling him. He soon got it.

Just heard that Break Dancing is in the olympics this year. WTF.

Don't get me wrong, it takes talent. But damn is that a niche "sport" to add.

Ahead of stuff like Jiu Jitsu, Bowling, MMA, Squash etc

Just heard that Break Dancing is in the olympics this year. WTF.

Don't get me wrong, it takes talent. But damn is that a niche "sport" to add.

Ahead of stuff like Jiu Jitsu, Bowling, MMA, Squash etc
Squash is in, not sure if Paris or the next one.
I just look at it as equivalent to diving, synchronised swimming, gymnastics, trampoline. All those 'sports' that require an aesthetic performance of some kind and judges.

Are we going to have an Olympics thread ? hope so, one of my faves, before they actually get going properly is awarding the Gold, Silver , and Bronze in ridiculous hats worn in the opening ceremony.
The thread is in Lidge's Lounge.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Non-Footy Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back