The Non-Footy Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

How brilliant was that bike racing win against the old enemy…….we take the good but they are claiming a “moral victory” due to their broken bike….hahaha loving these games…
Australia was holding a slim lead lap after lap, likely they’d have kept that going for another half lap. The bike only broke seconds from the finish line.

Hold the phone, Nina Kennedy’s partner is our own Declan Mountford!

Storm again. Best win of the season so far.
At their home ground…with some head scratching calls / non calls..
Right up there in wins….and a few guys just getting back in from injuries….
Anything is possible this year…just nailing lid down….💜💛🍺

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huge win…..

But this is a big story coming out from the game….same one he did

With the way his body weight came down with his left arm outstretched it looked very much like the typical motion which leads to a dislocation.

My fave bit was the commentators finally gushing over Tyran Wishart, and rightly so. Son of Rod Wishart making his own name - similar kind of to our very own J. Archer.

At their home ground…with some head scratching calls / non calls..
Right up there in wins….and a few guys just getting back in from injuries….
Anything is possible this year…just nailing lid down….💜💛🍺
Sure were, Cleary taken out on his outside shoulder for the first try and a BS penalty that decided it.

Sure were, Cleary taken out on his outside shoulder for the first try and a BS penalty that decided it.
No arguments from me on that Desi …should’ve been called back ….that’s on the bunker.
Kline sure does make head scratching calls….but that sloppy late play by no. 19 on Hughes will be called all day as a penalty for a late hit regardless of what teams are playing… commentary team in agreement with call ….and acknowledge that it’s a tough way to end the game.

But Penrith should’ve won that as the home side ….stats they were ahead in

Possession 51% to 49 panthers
Territory 51% to 49 panthers
Post contact meters 385 to 365 Panthers
Offloads 10 to 6 panthers
Penalties 6 panthers 8 storm
Attacking kicks 13 to 8 panthers.
Dummy half runs panthers 4. Storm 1

Where they fell down
Completion rates 32 / 40 panthers vs 32/37 storm
Tackled in opps 20 : storm 31 panthers 25
Tackle busts storm 22 panthers 18
Errors panthers 9 storm 7
Tackles panthers 292 storm 279

The other stats was pretty much line ball. As you can see from
Enthralling game…scans confirm today Cleary re injured the same joint and they will manage him…sounds like it’s one step / knock away from a full reco.

No arguments from me on that Desi …should’ve been called back ….that’s on the bunker.
Kline sure does make head scratching calls….but that sloppy late play by no. 19 on Hughes will be called all day as a penalty for a late hit regardless of what teams are playing… commentary team in agreement with call ….and acknowledge that it’s a tough way to end the game.

But Penrith should’ve won that as the home side ….stats they were ahead in

Possession 51% to 49 panthers
Territory 51% to 49 panthers
Post contact meters 385 to 365 Panthers
Offloads 10 to 6 panthers
Penalties 6 panthers 8 storm
Attacking kicks 13 to 8 panthers.
Dummy half runs panthers 4. Storm 1

Where they fell down
Completion rates 32 / 40 panthers vs 32/37 storm
Tackled in opps 20 : storm 31 panthers 25
Tackle busts storm 22 panthers 18
Errors panthers 9 storm 7
Tackles panthers 292 storm 279

The other stats was pretty much line ball. As you can see from
Enthralling game…scans confirm today Cleary re injured the same joint and they will manage him…sounds like it’s one step / knock away from a full reco.
No doubt some sloppiness has crept in in comparison to previous years where we were just relentless and ground teams down.

I can’t see us winning it again but I said that last year as well and was proven wrong.

You can’t keep relying on Cleary to pull it out of the fire.

No doubt some sloppiness has crept in in comparison to previous years where we were just relentless and ground teams down.

I can’t see us winning it again but I said that last year as well and was proven wrong.

You can’t keep relying on Cleary to pull it out of the fire.
Agree that Cleary can’t be the win all option…and you have lost some key players over past couple of years which makes it harder.
I think it’s wide open this year…and you guys still have that confidence. Newcastle is a smokie l think.
As for us lm not convinced we’re going to go deep in finals this year if we don’t sought out or in game fade outs / we’ve got this attitude…we’ve had too many players in and out with injuries and no consistent games with them.
We’re still Jekyll and Hyde relying heavily on Hughes. Best of luck to your team in the hardest comp to win.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Non-Footy Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back