Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Remarkable.

Gee he’s given it everything, has put a whole heap into AFL football, what an incredibly resilient person. Reminds me of Cunners.. there is no doubt its a horrible experience for family, friends and club.. Cunners packed it in and rightly so, this guy keeps on keeping on.. what an inspirational fella. If cunners had half this blokes fight to be a league footy player..

Last edited:

Tell that to Charlie Lazzaro

Wagner has bounced around a bit before he’s found a long term home. Maybe it will work out the same for Lazzaro.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wagner has bounced around a bit before he’s found a long term home. Maybe it will work out the same for Lazzaro.
Maybe. I wish him the best, just expressing surprise that Wagner, someone who probably offers less with the ball than Lazzaro, is signing multi year extensions

Maybe. I wish him the best, just expressing surprise that Wagner, someone who probably offers less with the ball than Lazzaro, is signing multi year extensions
Has carved out a niche across HB for Freo and seems to cover the ground pretty well.

He’s exactly the type of player we need across HB.

Wagners physique and body shape is totally unidentifiable from his North days.

He looks ready made for AFL football at first glance and has filled out.

He’s no world beater and not a locked in best 22 starter but he’s seemed to have finally found the inside of a gym at Freo.

Wagners physique and body shape is totally unidentifiable from his North days.

He looks ready made for AFL football at first glance and has filled out.

He’s no world beater and not a locked in best 22 starter but he’s seemed to have finally found the inside of a gym at Freo.
He had already gained a lot of muscle when playing for Port Melbourne. That's right, he got in better shape in the VFL than his North days.

We are the joke of the competition when it comes to strength.

He had already gained a lot of muscle when playing for Port Melbourne. That's right, he got in better shape in the VFL than his North days.

His 2 years at Melbourne didn't do much for him either.

I heard him interviewed when Freo picked him up. He said he just wasn't ready mentally or mature enough for AFL early on.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Screenshot_2024-09-05-09-33-49-88_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Regardless of his playing or missing this week, Curnow appears to have developed quite a bit of muscle mass, looking almost like a contestant in the Mr universe competition. I'm assuming his diet and exercise regimen would be somewhat different from Larkey's for instance.

When we first saw Brynn Teakle run out this season even he looked more well defined than the majority of the North team.

Maybe our guys need to stop buying the "no added hormone" beef from Coles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back