Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong have been looking for a ruck for 2 decades
what is that about?

some clubs culturally seem to be good at type. eg. Geelong are always strong in defence & the midfield. Footscray and Sydney consistently have an excellent midfield.

North always has good rucks. Honestly, if geelong had of drafted Goldstein 5 years ago, they would have 2 more premierships.

I hope they play Jerk Off, Hooker with a Penis and Prison Sex.

Family friendly entertainment.
I used to love them as a teenager. These days I really only get into Danny Carey's drumming and Justin Chancellor's bass work. Their rhythm section stands the test of time. Nowadays I find Maynard vocals so tedious after a track or two and Adam Jones' best work was as a designer for Terminator 2 and Jurassic Park.

SpiderBurton22 would know the road from Timboon to Port Campbell (as does Horace of course). There was a road sign that people used to say was "one can" from town. That's because it was at about the distance that it took for the driver to finish his can and it was the perfect target to aim the empty at in an over the roof sling while driving by. The pile of empty cans on the side of the road used to be a local talking point.
Just SonofSamsquanch. I only went up and down it from McKinnon's Corner (Eastern Creek Road) to Timboon, nearly every day for 13 years on the Number 3 School bus!

In those days when the local roads and bridges were not too great, we used to barrack for heavy rain at this time of the year, leading to flooding and the school sometimes having to make an early call to send us home to prevent us from getting stuck on the wrong side of one of those bridges.

Pies should beat Hawks and Richmond but the last 4 games are very tough. Melbourne will be gettable for them since they have the wood over them and have for years. If they win that that's 11 wins. Won't be enough.
Richmond yes. Not sure if they'll beat Hawthorn.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

So about that cliff. How's that going?

Cameron gets 58 hit outs. Massive number, still somehow not even 3/4 of the record set by Todd.
1e9d26a94a79d12cb39af2bbfb317e46.jpg

We broke Collingwood. Probably would have been better for them to lose to us heading into the bye.
But they didn’t.
And now 3 losses on the trot and won’t play finals. Still in holiday mode.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood look done for the year. Only so long you can rely on running the opposition down/controlled chaos. They've got a lot of players out but they don't look hungry. Good chance to miss finals.
They are playing a full run and gun style which is vulnerable to skill errors but they dont have their best talent on the park. They are paying a huge price on the rebound.

Last edited:
Can't wipe the smiles off Pendles and Moores mouth after the siren. Obviously still riding the wave of last year

There's plenty of things I'd love to eradicate from the game, but Darcy Moore's constant goofy grin is near the top of the list.

It disappoints me even more now that we gave up a 54 point lead to that Collingwood team, they're looking very poor. Shows that we have a lot more work to do.

We broke Collingwood. Probably would have been better for them to lose to us heading into the bye.
But they didn’t.
And now 3 losses on the trot and won’t play finals. Still in holiday mode.
I reckon we broke Essendon in 2001 too. Gave them a false feeling of invincibility and that they can win from anywhere and they took their eye of a hungrier up and coming rival.

Go us.

Richmond yes. Not sure if they'll beat Hawthorn.

They couldn’t beat Hawthorn late last year. Just too many players out this season, and important ones. No idea if it means as much to all the players but having a flag last year makes any subsequent dip much easier for supporters. As many of us will remember.

Jack Darling being an omission this week, I'm prepared to speculate he has his name on one of the spots
Nah, Darling has been pretty meh this year, and at 32, is probably in his last year. They need to start work on next year's team so there's no need for him to be in the seniors. Pretty obvious dropping, this one.

I reckon we broke Essendon in 2001 too. Gave them a false feeling of invincibility and that they can win from anywhere and they took their eye of a hungrier up and coming rival.

Go us.
Yep. Looking back though as much as I am pleased to see them suffer, we’d both still have wanted the win haha

Jack Darling being an omission this week, I'm prepared to speculate he has his name on one of the spots
I've heard the older blokes have been very supportive of Simmo. So they should, a reason they're in this mess is because Simmo held onto all of them through loyalty and a reward for a premiership. As a result, they haven't traded well or had a strong draft hand in ages. Some, such as Darling, have been ordinary for a long time and should have been shipped off long ago. The Eagles need to look to the future and Jack Darling ain't it.

Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back