Autopsy The not even The Bont, Libbas and Jones' heroics can drag us over the line against the cats thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You're right, we shouldn't be judging our performances relative to the quality we have on our list, we should be judging it relative to last year's failure. What matters is incremental improvement on a terrible year.

Beveridge deserves credit. Last year we lost to Geelong by 22 points. This time we only lost by 4 points. There is clearly a difference, and clearly it has nothing to do with Geelong coming off a 5 day break.
Good one, Joel 😄

You're right, we shouldn't be judging our performances relative to the quality we have on our list, we should be judging it relative to last year's failure. What matters is incremental improvement on a terrible year.

Beveridge deserves credit. Last year we lost to Geelong by 22 points. This time we only lost by 4 points. There is clearly a difference, and clearly it has nothing to do with Geelong coming off a 5 day break.

You can chose to be down on that performance all you want.

What I saw was us fighting back hard, playing hard and almost beating a team that was 3-0 to start the season.

We’ve been pumped by Geelong for far too long in terms of skill and pressure, tonight was such an improvement. I’m choosing to be positive but if you want to be negative that’s more than fair after a loss

Shattering.

Christ I ****ing hate Geelong so much. Sick to ****ing death of them.

I think there’s a lot to be proud of tonight, they gave everything and threw everything they had.

Furious about that overturned mark to Stengle. Disgraceful.

Sucks to lose a close one - but think we’ve come a long way since Round One.

Very winnable games in the next month - let’s take the positives from tonight and keep rolling.

The Chris Scott lube up and……….awwwwwwww yeah …. Round.

He’ll sleep well tonight ✅

We kicked 14.7 you can hardly blame goal-kicking....

Vandermeer's howler was probably the only one that should have been a certainty. And if course they took it down and kicked one straight away.
Missing a sitter is one thing.
His crap pressure is the real problem. He does not scare any opposition players with his pressure. They just step around him or shrug him off with ease.
He is not even 1/4th the player McCreary or Neale-Bullen are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spanghers forward line game plan:

-Clog the forward line as much as possible.
-Fly backwards or sideways for a mark.
-Have multiple players fly for the same footy.

If Chris Scott was our coach we would be flag favourites

I didn't realise how good a ruckman Rhys Stanley was until he dominated English..

Seriously, he is not $1Mil per year..

Bont, Libba, Treloar & Sanders:

3 goals, 130 disposals, 64 CPs, 37 clearances. Literally couldn’t have done more.

Lose.

FMD.

Ball movement is still average at best, defending transition at times laughable and too many stoppages with easy ball out the front for the opposition.
And that’s why Chris says we have great mids but he knows how to beat them.

Yes Chris. Yes you do

The boys gave it a real crack, cannot fault the effort at all. Great games from Bont and Libba. Unfortunately we lacked some composure kicking the ball forward and the Cats set up really well defensively. The ball just always seemed to fall their way.

Can I say in regards to the Stengle goal review, the AFL are kidding themselves if they think they have the technology right to make these sorts of decisions. It’s a two dimensional view looking across from a goal post through another post. Whether his hands are on the ball to control it at the point when it crossed the back of the goal line is impossible to tell from that angle. Yes the ball is in between his hands but has he closed his hands around the ball and fully controlled it? That is impossible to tell and the person in the best position to know is the umpire standing right underneath because he actually has the best view, not the camera on the opposite post.

It’s bullshit and I see it happen every week. It’s not correct use of technology because you need to see it from lots of angles.

You only have to watch the NBA and how they review out of bounds decisions when it’s a coaches challenge to know that looking at it from one angle like that can give a totally wrong impression because of depth perception. You need to see it from above and behind as well. It’s a joke, an absolute fxxking joke

This game couldn’t be more of an indictment of Bevo. Almost dragged over the line by pure top end talent but ultimately beaten by top end coaching.

Geelong don’t have anywhere near the level of top end talent we have but their floor is lower because somehow their players aren’t constantly showing us their enormous flaws. That’s coaching.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back